First 22303132333442 Last

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

are you ENFP?
    (answering one limiting cliche with an other one)
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    JIxT

Is this all you can come up with? Thats not good enough. Come on, REALLY bash us! Be competent in your bashing.

MBTI
    ENFJ

All NTs want is competency when it comes down to things that are important.

The only issue is that because of an INT's abominable people skills, they perpetually come off as offensive.

MBTI
    JIxT

If people are not worried about people skills, are you saying that INTJs, in reality, do not suck as much as they seem too?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Mort Belfry:

INTJ theist here who has atheist ENFP and ESTP friends. Being an INT affects how you deal with life or how you approach it...it (obviously since you and I differ) doesn't result in your having the same viewpoint on every subject/conclusions.
    Your first mistake: Taking what I say too seriously.

Your second mistake: Being a theist.

*****APPLAUSE*****
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    If people are not worried about people skills, are you saying that INTJs, in reality, do not suck as much as they seem too?
    If that were the case, it may be true...

But nobody actually does not care about people skills. They may say that they don't, and everybody has different thresholds, but in all actuality, nobody actually does not care at all about people skills.

So, unless the INT has practice, INT automatically loses.

Sucks to be them.

...I mean... us.

If I do not go by personal experience and simply by profiles, then INTs are terrible creatures. They may be incredibly useful for some things, but due to stubbornness and lack of people skills, they're not likely to be listened to or even well-liked. Only those who actually take their time to get to know them would get anything out of the relationship, and the vast majority of people aren't willing to take that time. That said, I've had mixed experiences with INTs in real life. Some are terrible, some are great, but all of them have the potential to get frustrating -- but then again, so does everybody.

On threads like these, I was going on the assumption that they meant generalization. Automatically when we decide to generalize, we lose accuracy for the sake of a broader definition. So, it's not to say that all INTs have no people skills, it's that they don't have them naturally and have to work a lot harder to develop them. Also, it's nearly impossible to have no people skills at all, unless you've lived by yourself in the woods your whole life, no contact with people at all... INTs usually develop a minimal amount so they can get by. This is wise. If they want to get anything out of life, though, they usually have to develop them further.

MBTI
    ?N?P

<<All NTs want is competency when it comes down to things that are important.>>

What's important to be competent at is highly subjective.

MBTI
    ?N?P

The bottom line for INTJs is that they value correctness and competence and assume by definition that they are correct and competent when, in fact, they are often NOT correct or competent.

Just repeat after me over and over ad nauseum: "INTJs are no better. INTJs are no better. INTJs are no better."

(I'm specifying INTJs because they have a particular problem with this.)

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by LisainCA View Post
    The bottom line for INTJs is that they value correctness and competence and assume by definition that they are correct and competent when, in fact, they are often NOT correct or competent.

Just repeat after me over and over ad nauseum: "INTJs are no better. INTJs are no better. INTJs are no better."

(I'm specifying INTJs because they have a particular problem with this.)
    Actually you are completely *right*..

I myself pride myself on my incorrectness and blazen incompetence. It's deliberate.

Edit: And done in a highly planned, correct & competent manner.

"Malpractice makes perfect".

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by LisainCA View Post
    <<All NTs want is competency when it comes down to things that are important.>>

What's important to be competent at is highly subjective.
    That may be true, but it doesn't change how much an INTJ (specifically, because you seem to be angry at them) desperately wants it.

One could say that anything is highly subjective. A want is, by definition, highly subjective. It's individual preference. INTJs, especially, have a clear idea of how things 'should' be run, and most of them understand that what they believe is good and correct and just is not shared by everybody (and dare I say, anybody), and they usually fall into despair because they think that everyone else is 'doing it wrong.'

This is a principle at the very core of an INTJ. Overcoming it either means maturity or insanity. No matter how many times you scream that they are not correct on the hilltops, they will not listen to you, because, hell, they're INTJs. It's something they have to figure out for themselves.

I'm sure that if you dig to the core of any MBTI, you're sure to find something disgusting, but because this is a "why INTs suck" thread, I'm not going to get into them all here.