• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

L

Lasting_Pain

1. Odd tendencies to act out our thoughts.

2. It is hardly ever silent in our heads.

3. People perceive me as odd, which is not a problem to me, but it is when they try to "fix" me that I become annoyed.

4. We strive for the complex, yet live simple.

5. We know how we are supposed to act in situations, so when we do something out of the norm we take twice the beating. One from the accuser, and one from ourselves.

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
The reason we INTs suck is because....

your standards also suck even more.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Tendency towards intellectual elitism, especially on the internet, lol, that's just plain sad, guys. :p

Tendency towards emotional retardation, that, too, is sad but more of a I-wanna-hug-you kind of sad.

Tendency to disregard, deny, or put off more personally-rooted problems in their lives to continue pursuing their safer, more intellectually-inclined pursuits.

mbeerti

MBTI Type
INTP
1. Corny and cliche, but, being the "Nutty Professor" - it's lonely being the smart elite. and it sucks- having to constantly adapt and dumb yourself down or "translate" for the S's convenience.

2. Few friendships of mutual understanding - not having many (any) "fellow" female INTPs...or NTs in general, for that matter!

3. Feeling/Emotional Bullshit - the pent up "feeling" that's either too awkward to be expressed, not logical enough to be acted upon/being trapped in this limbo of either being too close to or too distant from people.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Cause I can't find me some to hang out with!

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
What others would say about INT's
1: You're arrogant.
2: You're creepy.
3: You're retarded.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Here is something else: An SP can get away with grabbing a girl he just met and giving her a sexual line, buy if we so mutch as try to start a conversation the girl looks to escape as quickly as possible.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Tendency towards intellectual elitism, especially on the internet, lol, that's just plain sad, guys. :p

Tendency towards emotional retardation, that, too, is sad but more of a I-wanna-hug-you kind of sad.

Tendency to disregard, deny, or put off more personally-rooted problems in their lives to continue pursuing their safer, more intellectually-inclined pursuits.
Transparently reactive trivialization as a defense mechanism against a perceived inferiority to a poorly and unscientifically defined class of people. God, yes. That's the stuff.

I drink your resentment. It nourishes my blackened soul.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. insensitiveness
2 insensitiveness
3. insensitiveness

Though I wouldn't generalise it.

INT's are the most sensitive of people I know, but they only show it to people who they believe really deserve their respect and trust.

But you're right, people that generalise generally don't get a single whiff of respect from us. :D

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
1. can't take 'em to a meeting of "the good ol' boys" for fishing and pong(ex.: friend)
2. can get obsessive about interesting scenarios (ex.: sci fi)
3. take my good ideas... and are better at figuring them out (ex.: roommate)

infuriating, unless you find them in a state of relaxation. those clever weasels.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. insensitiveness
2. insensitiveness
3. insensitiveness

Though I wouldn't generalise it.

Top 3 reasons non-NTs suck:

1) poor grammatical abilities.
2) poor grammatical abilities.
3) poor grammatical abilities.

INT's are the most sensitive of people I know, but they only show it to people who they believe really deserve their respect and trust.

But you're right, people that generalise generally don't get a single whiff of respect from us. :D

That's silly; NTs generalize more than most people because we always want broad-reaching explanations that can condense the big picture into a series of theoretical statements. The problem isn't generalizing; it's incorrectly applying a generalization to all cases when an inherent property of generalizations is that they don't apply to all cases. That's just understood.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Top 3 reasons non-NTs suck:

1) poor grammatical abilities.
2) poor grammatical abilities.
3) poor grammatical abilities.

I call bullshit on that. I'm an NF and an English major with a 3.9 GPA. Many English teachers are NFs.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To the extent that MBTI is a convincing model for personality study, I have tended to especially like INTs for their quiet clarity and even-tempered approach to life. Those I have known who most closely match the descriptions in the MBTI literature and who have a level of maturity have been the people I often admire the most and feel most comfortable including in my life.

That being said, there is a strange irony i have noticed in my years of being on these forums. For some reason there are people with INT by their name who approach life in a fundamentally judgmental manner - especially in social interactions. I think this might result from a combination of social pessimism, a limited ability to process and respond to emotional communication, and an assumption of being "intuitive", which is assumed to mean one can make accurate snap judgments. It's possible that projecting the judgments is related to receiving judgments in real life, so that it can become the assume style of social interaction. There can also be confusion between "telling it like it is" and "telling it like my prejudicial assumptions think it is". This can result in suspicion in the presence of emotional communication which results in judgments such as: the person is manipulative, this person is fake and insincere, the person pities self, has no integrity, is not intelligent, etc. The worst offenders have typically been banned, socially rejected by the INT norm, or feared and respected, depending on their own skills at communication. There is at least a thin layer of common judgments present in the norm. There have been examples of public shaming and other methods of control over the years on various forums to act out these judgments.

My point is that the extreme cases of judgmental behaviors are notable. It is an ironic phenomenon because the true type by nature is arguably the least judgmental of any group of people.

Edit: I am a little uncomfortable saying this is a reason "why INTs suck", since I've been friends with more than one of the worst offenders over the years who were rejected by the norm. It's pretty clear that life is much more arduous for the judger than for the judgee.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
gosh, toonia, such a serious intervention, but alas: so true...

For some reason -no ageism intended- many teenagers seem to identify a lot with INTP (not always being one) and then are so pleased with this aha-erlebnis that they overdo it and turn it into some sort of a cult. Sadly enough, that is the point where -indeed- they fall out of their role...

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
That's silly; NTs generalize more than most people because we always want broad-reaching explanations that can condense the big picture into a series of theoretical statements. The problem isn't generalizing; it's incorrectly applying a generalization to all cases when an inherent property of generalizations is that they don't apply to all cases. That's just understood.

I think sometimes people use the word "generalize" when what they actually mean is "stereotype".