6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I know we should be ranting but...

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    1 - Intimidating
    so true yet I masochistically find it so hot

2 - Don't care if they hurt one's feelings
    I'm actually getting tired of having my feelings spared...

3 - No warm fuzzies
    ... I always thought that was reserved for special occasions (the remainder of my comment on this would probably belong in the Mature section...)
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I've come out INTP on some MBTI-like tests, but I definitely do not lack follow-through.

In fact, this trait is the number one reason I haven't self-identified as an INTP. I like being pracitical, and making things happen in the real world. But, I love theory more so than almost every one I've met.

It has been often said, "There is nothing more practical than a good theory."
    I cant rest until things are completed. Then I want to go back and change them .

MBTI
    INTP

I'm hurt that we are seen as arrogant. I don't think that's a fair judgement. Above poster notwithstanding.[/QUOTE]

I see it as a useful tool. A lot of the time, I think people who throw the word "arrogant" around a lot are getting pushed around. Forget being walked on by some other mortal.

MBTI
    GONE

Default Hard nut to crack

I dont' know if I know any INTJ's, but I do have close INTP friends. They have some similarities but their biggest difference is their confidence levels which really defines how developed their functions are and how it's expressed.

These aren't 'sucky' things but more like personal observations that play into the 'evil cold' stereotype of INTPs. Which is funny because my INTP friends are so generous and well-mannered and are wonderful friends. They are both really silly once you befriend them. I actually gloat a little inside that I get the privelege of all the benes of their affection and friendship -- because it's tough to befriend them! They aren't that superficial in their friendships.

1)What I have noticed is that both can be 'mis'typed as being 'extremely quiet' or even cold by coworkers or those who dont' know them as well. One INTP friend fits the cold, kinda badass and intimidating stereotype on the surface. My other INTP friend does not come off as cold, the opposite, but has real trouble verbalizing her thoughts quickly with new people and groups. One of my INTP friends has NO PROBLEM cutting off people once they cross a line with her and can be really abrupt in general (on the phone, in conversation, etc.) For both, their honesty is sometimes too blunt. My other INTP friend sometimes offers random and frankly mean assessments of things that are not really solicited.

2) They are really hard to get to know initially. One friend I pursued mercilessly and the other friend kind of pursued me. Otherwise, without this constant push of effort, friendship would have never happened. Either they DO NOT TALK or else are just really hard for me to figure out and understand initially. Honestly, I have no idea what they see in me, but apparently I provide the warm fuzzies. Hahahahaa.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    1 - Intimidating
    2 - Don't care if they hurt one's feelings
    3 - No warm fuzzies
    You're on the wrong thread, that should be on the list of why INT's are so awesome.
    I'm not being critical, I'm just trying to make you a better person.

MBTI
    INTX

What's wrong with INT?

1. Not social enough.
    2. Not practical enough.
    3. Not sensitive enough.

Just ask any ESF.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    What's wrong with INT?
    2. Not practical enough.

Just ask any ESF.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Default INTJ Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Dismissing someone out of hand, no insult, no explanation, is passive aggressive? That I don't hold with. If someone is not worth my time then they're not worth the time it takes to tell them that, and I don't.
    I spend no time on dumb, ignorant, or manipulative people. That is not passive aggressive, its economical. Being an INTJ is a great BS filter,the very best friends make it thru that filter: smart, traveled, accomplished, and appreciative of strong character.

An INTJ never betrayed another human or listened to a cute pet story. Both would be crimes against humanity.

MBTI
    INFJ

I am an ISFJ (with strong N leanings). My husband is an INTP. He is kind, supportive, patient, and loving to me, our kids and our dog. He's also
    a wonderful cook, which is great, as we all benefit from his fantastic meals.

On the other hand, he's something of a kitchen bully - no one can do things as well as he can in the kitchen. He's quite proud of his ability and friends rave about his food. However, it's hard on the rest of us, who can't do things in the kitchen without comments, suggestions or constructive criticism.

He also has no filter on yucky topics and has to be reminded again and again
    that I don't want to hear about blood, disgusting crimes or operations at the
    dinner table. To him it's just information. Recently, he tried to discuss who was worse, Hitler or Stalin - both killed their own people, but Hitler treated the Jews like vermin, not like people. This is mealtime conversation?

And like other NTs, he has a serious inability to apologize.

So, why do NTs suck?

1) They are know it alls and proud of it.

2) They lack sensitivity.

3) They can't admit their mistakes.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    I am an ISFJ (with strong N leanings). My husband is an INTP. He is kind, supportive, patient, and loving to me, our kids and our dog. He's also
    a wonderful cook, which is great, as we all benefit from his fantastic meals.

On the other hand, he's something of a kitchen bully - no one can do things as well as he can in the kitchen. He's quite proud of his ability and friends rave about his food. However, it's hard on the rest of us, who can't do things in the kitchen without comments, suggestions or constructive criticism.

He also has no filter on yucky topics and has to be reminded again and again
    that I don't want to hear about blood, disgusting crimes or operations at the
    dinner table.
    To him it's just information. Recently, he tried to discuss who was worse, Hitler or Stalin - both killed their own people, but Hitler treated the Jews like vermin, not like people. This is mealtime conversation?

And like other NTs, he has a serious inability to apologize.

So, why do NTs suck?

1) They are know it alls and proud of it.

2) They lack sensitivity.

3) They can't admit their mistakes.

I'm laughing in horror over here. Yikes!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious