User Tag List

First 917181920212969 Last

MBTI
    XNTX

More reason why an INTJ can suck.

In my early teens I was absolutely besotted with a hot blonde girl, even basically even went to the same University to be friends with her (you know the type, miss everything and everyone).

She fried my brain as I just couldn't work her out, it was complete sh*t and I went from the top to the bottom and burnt out. She was illogical.

However, my analytical brain slowly worked them out (rather than me believing they were playing mind games) I realized that they are just butterflies and flutter with the prevailing wind of sociability. (Hell, being social is just a function of not p*ssing off anyone, aka not having a view or any standards ).

So, NT can suck, I'd like to be a social dumb ar*se and just chill and think cr*p movies were actually really interesting, and get excited about mainstream diatribe. (The violin is a great icon ).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I feel for ya. It must really suck to be intellectually curious. What a burden that must be. Would that you could be one of the dumber types that don't ask questions instead.
    don't you love the response to this? lol
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    For not being a socially stilted geeky INT, Ivy is very precocious.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I feel for ya. It must really suck to be intellectually curious. What a burden that must be. Would that you could be one of the dumber types that don't ask questions instead.
    It's like I said, INTs don't believe (as types) that they have any genuine weaknesses, only strengths which are misunderstood or unappreciated by the stupid non-NTs. And an inability to adequately pander to (or fully anticipate or comprehend) the stupidity of the non-NTs.

The weaknesses they would actually perceive as weaknesses are simply not being as strong in those strengths as they would like to be. Which is probably the fault of the non-NTs and their endless demands for submission to mainstream herd values.

Thus the weakness of INTs as types is that they live in a world filled with non-INTs.

Edit: to be honest, nothing I've said here is anything I would consider to be grounds for sucking. It's kinda cute actually.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Enough from you, shouldn't you be hiding from the real world playing your guitar and doing speed maths to impress the guys.

Speed math will never operate at 2Mhz... so why waste your time?

Actually, it must suck a whole heap more for INT women as at least us guys can just dumb down and go for looks, but women very rarely do.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Enough from you, shouldn't you be hiding from the real world playing your guitar and doing speed maths to impress the guys.

Speed math will never operate at 2Mhz... so why waste your time?

Actually, it must suck a whole heap more for INT women as at least us guys can just dumb down and go for looks, but women very rarely do.
    lol

you've only been here 16 posts, but I already have two minds about you:

1 = with a mix of :steam:
    2 =
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Yes, my humour is very dry and I love British comedy.

Only the brightest in the audience will laugh.
    My humor is dry as well, but I don't have the same affection for British comedy as some of the others have mentioned. The perceived elitist aspect of it offends me. For instance, I'm not a fan of Monty Python except for one or two of the movies. Most of it is too based in the comic value of nonsense. I find a lot of it to be just as juvenile as any Adam Sandler movie. A prime example is on The Simpsons when Helen Fielding was the guest voice and told a book group that English comedy might be too sophisticated for them. She then proceeded to run outside and engage in a Benny Hill-type chase with a bobby and a gorilla. Funny stuff

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    My humor is dry as well, but I don't have the same affection for British comedy as some of the others have mentioned. The perceived elitist aspect of it offends me. For instance, I'm not a fan of Monty Python except for one or two of the movies. Most of it is too based in the comic value of nonsense. I find a lot of it to be just as juvenile as any Adam Sandler movie. A prime example is on The Simpsons when Helen Fielding was the guest voice and told a book group that English comedy might be too sophisticated for them. She then proceeded to run outside and engage in a Benny Hill-type chase with a bobby and a gorilla. Funny stuff
    Hmm.. not so sure about the elitist angle, it is just a segment of the total comedy produced (There's plenty of stuff for the masses, often these make it to the US, Little Britain and The Office are both recent items sent to the US (Although they have been trashed by your script writers)).

There is loads of comedy that you've never seen.

Have you considered that there maybe is a dearth of intelligent comedy in the US and as such smart people there adopt it readily? Seriously.

It’s a real pity that the US does not produce more high end material... all as I ever see coming out of the US is cheap programmes revolving around cops with guns.

Guess we are very lucky that the government provides so much money to the BBC...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You're not really making an airtight case against elitism, man.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    It’s a real pity that the US does not produce more high end material... all as I ever see coming out of the US is cheap programmes revolving around cops with guns.
    The Simpsons, Futurama, south park, etc. have a good mix of smart and dumb comedy . (And I enjoy both types a lot.)

The big NT related issues I really hate missing are people skills, knowing what to expect out of social structures and having some basic people manipulation and communication type stuff would have saved a lot of trouble over the past few years. (There was on of these high school crushes that didn't end up doing anything except leaving me depressed for awhile and some stuff on other online groups of people.) Some problems I've been having recently, with procrastination, lack of confidence, laziness/lack of focus, do seem to partially have come from situations where some better people skills/knowing what to expect would have avoided a lot of problems.

The other part is just things such as getting friends and possibly girlfriends, I don't really know where to go about finding people I'd be interested in, and combined with the previous issues, I have a lot of trouble just going out and starting with what i do know.