User Tag List

First 816171819202868 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Curiouser-still, I'm a respected bureaucrat on a parody/comedy wiki, and most of the administration team members are INTJs.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Jim Carrey is categorized as an ENTJ more often than ENTP.

Steve Martin is also allegedly an ENTJ.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I dunno, can't INTJs be funny? People who know me think I'm really funny and claim to admire me for my sense of humor! I think an N function relieves some of the J's natural anal-retentiveness.
    INTJ's have a lot of humor; it’s just very dry on the whole.

I'd say a number of INTJ's especially like humor/jokes as it hits them from a angle which their train of thought hadn't envisioned, that’s what makes a joke funny. (That’s what I notice being the difference between UK comedy and US, in the UK there's lots of symbolism and reliance on the audience envisioning the situation rather than having it spelt out to them like in US comedy).

As for the F versus the J, I believe a smart NT will over time develop towards the J as you must follow systems to achieve, simple as that. That was the biggest thing that University and Prof quals taught me... discipline. Business like armies win on cohesion, otherwise its divide and rule. (Smart NT's rapidly adapt to environments, and todays world favours the J side especially in conjunction with the NT natural job profile (Although too much J and it kills the NT ability to be an innovator).

As for the I and the E. Often thats a function of alcohol intake.

MBTI
    INTj

I must say that some INTJs seem quite humorless. We tend to take ourselves way too seriously at times.

But as for me, I'm hilarious.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    She is, too. (In that droll way.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I must say that some INTJs seem quite humorless. We tend to take ourselves way too seriously at times.

Like I've said before though, I see two types of basic NT types, those that naturally are, and those that migrate there. (The conscious will developing the subconscious, like autosuggestion).

I have way out theories and they don't seem to have been examined much by the academics. I believe that the kick ar*se NT's develop from the I's who use T to develop the N in order to win (J is just part of the mix to win and follow systems until they want to change them). An emotional I (generally I's are that way for a reason) with indeterminate will, will evolve. If you are too much E then it’s more your natural NT that will coast you through life.

Natural NT's are not that great on jokes, NT's evolving from the I's are big time. (Another theory).

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Yes, my humour is very dry and I love British comedy.

Only the brightest in the audience will laugh.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    XNTX

Another reason it SUX to be an NT is that the more I learn the more questions I have.

I'm not a genetic scientist but I've recently become interested in whether Neanderthal bred with Cro Magnon and if you read my first 2 readers replys on this thread page Humans and Neanderthals interbred | COSMOS magazine you'll see where I'm at.

Anyone interested in this sort of stuff should take a look at genographic.com by the national geographic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Another reason it SUX to be an NT is that the more I learn the more questions I have.
    I feel for ya. It must really suck to be intellectually curious. What a burden that must be. Would that you could be one of the dumber types that don't ask questions instead.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I feel for ya. It must really suck to be intellectually curious. What a burden that must be. Would that you could be one of the dumber types that don't ask questions instead.
    If I didn't virtue thinking and understanding so highly, I could just be surfing (real waves) and having lots of drunken orgies...

Its even worse to be extremely intellectually curious at University and just be served up wrote learning cr*p. That’s why you end up following and trying to be as much of a J as possible, until you get high enough to bust the system to what it should be about... or step out of the loop and create your own system (Which is quite difficult if you're already doing well by playing the current system).

By the by... I believe that IQ is definitely not fixed; I believe that the I can create a circular loop between the N & T leading to an upward spiral of IQ.

Innovation, just a critical mass of observational reference points (In many vocations/fields that create huge permutational/combinational views). Bit like a kaleidoscope although I term it concentric thinking as opposed to linear procedural thinking.

That’s my rant for today...