• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
That may be true, but it doesn't change how much an INTJ (specifically, because you seem to be angry at them) desperately wants it.

One could say that anything is highly subjective. A want is, by definition, highly subjective. It's individual preference. INTJs, especially, have a clear idea of how things 'should' be run, and most of them understand that what they believe is good and correct and just is not shared by everybody (and dare I say, anybody), and they usually fall into despair because they think that everyone else is 'doing it wrong.'

This is a principle at the very core of an INTJ. Overcoming it either means maturity or insanity. No matter how many times you scream that they are not correct on the hilltops, they will not listen to you, because, hell, they're INTJs. It's something they have to figure out for themselves.

I'm sure that if you dig to the core of any MBTI, you're sure to find something disgusting, but because this is a "why INTs suck" thread, I'm not going to get into them all here. :tongue:

Are you implying that I am mature? Very unexpected.

Sometimes I am the one silently screaming at everyone else.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Are you implying that I am mature? Very unexpected.

Sometimes I am the one silently screaming at everyone else.

Because you are silently screaming at everyone else, you're not over it.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
You cannot draw that conclusion if I said "sometimes". Rofl.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You cannot draw that conclusion if I said "sometimes". Rofl.

Of course I can draw that conclusion. The fact that it happens at all, and that it's a phenomenon that hasn't stopped, heavily implies immaturity.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
You suggest burying my Ni? You want INTJs to blend with the rest of the crowd all the time? I like INTJs the way they are.

"Much madness is divinest sense to the discerning eye"
- Emily Dickinson

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You suggest burying my Ni? You want INTJs to blend with the rest of the crowd all the time? I like INTJs the way they are.

"Much madness is divinest sense to the discerning eye"
- Emily Dickinson

I'm suggesting balance, though, if you want to get along with normal society, you're likely best off burying Ni. They don't like it so much.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I'm suggesting balance, though, if you want to get along with normal society, you're likely best off burying Ni. They don't like it so much.

Did you notice my "InTJ" type?
I said sometimes, some of the time I rebel according to my values, other times I accept out of convieniance.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Did you notice my "InTJ" type?
I said sometimes, some of the time I rebel according to my values, other times I accept out of convieniance.

I'm just telling you what's out there. I'm not saying you have to like it.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Everyone loves Ne, no one likes Ni. That is sort of extreme. Such a small difference can lead to love or hate.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I love Ni. So there.

Ni is wonderful but misunderstood. The general populace doesn't like it at all. You've got to hide what they don't like from them, or else they're never going to listen to you...

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Again this disguise of conformity for popular appeal. I wear it too, but I hate it. It does not feel me.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The problem with Ni is that it speaks with clarity, be it right or wrong. Conviction is simultaneously attractive and frightening to the general populace. So, either way, it's usually called arrogance and shrugged off.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I think this kind of intolerance and impatience from people is what does INT's the most harm. INTs have a very strong, deep inner personality, but a thin outer personality. INTs see no point in superficiality that everyone else sees a point in. Intolerance from both sides pushes them away from each other.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think this kind of intolerance and impatience from people is what does INT's the most harm. INTs have a very strong, deep inner personality, but a thin outer personality. INTs see no point in superficiality that everyone else sees a point in. Intolerance from both sides pushes them away from each other.

I'm just going to quote this because it bears repeating.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
The blame could also be attributed to both sides. The INTJs for being intolerant and unwilling to deal with anything outside their "ideal". Society for not appreciating nonconformity, one of its most powerful tools.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The blame could also be attributed to both sides. The INTJs for being intolerant and unwilling to deal with anything outside their "ideal". Society for not appreciating nonconformity, one of its most powerful tools.

I know, the blame is on both sides...

I think the thing that annoyed me most about INTJ-forums is that nobody accepted any blame. Compromise compromise compromise, it's the only way anything's going to get done with minimal bloodshed. There's more than enough blame to go around.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's why INTs suck:

1) If they have a bad idea, it is impossible to convince them otherwise until catastrophic, visible failure because they have thought it through with their own LOGIC (tm) and your input is not appreciated.

Hey! Don't throw the INTPs under the bus with the INTJs!

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I know, the blame is on both sides...

I think the thing that annoyed me most about INTJ-forums is that nobody accepted any blame. Compromise compromise compromise, it's the only way anything's going to get done with minimal bloodshed. There's more than enough blame to go around.

Ironically, "not accepting blame" could be one of the least objective things that INTJs do. Maybe because they are only good at sympathizing with themselves. Maybe for other reasons.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ironically, "not accepting blame" could be one of the least objective things that INTJs do. Maybe because they are only good at sympathizing with themselves. Maybe for other reasons.

I blame tertiary Fi. Only mature INTJs ever figure it out, at least without prompting. Lol.