User Tag List

First 715161718192767 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The only complaint I have with NT is when some of them assume that F always means neurotic Fe.
    As opposed to holy-crap-completely-imperceptible-emotional-land-mine Fi?
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    As opposed to holy-crap-completely-imperceptible-emotional-land-mine Fi?
    Isn't that exactly how an INTJ works?
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I haven't read the other "top three reasons why this temperament sucks" threads, but I have to say, I'm really enjoying how so many of these INT ones are really "why I rule" lists in Groucho Marx glasses.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP

Thought of a couple more that may possibly be NT, or may be just me.

1. When engrossed in something, I tune everything else out, especially the people in my life. If I'm working on a project that I'm really throwing myself into when a birthday rolls around, I could forget about it. Woe betide me if the birthday I missed was that of an SJ friend. Sometimes I don't even notice that people are around me if I'm focused heavily on something. It has caused trouble in my relationship a few times when my ENFP boyfriend has spoken to me, but I'm in another world doing math or reading or writing my novel and I don't even notice he spoke to me. He thinks I'm ignoring him and gets offended, which is perfectly understandable.

2. I forget that chat is valuable to others, so I am apt to ignore or interrupt. When I chat with someone, I have an explicit goal in mind, such as establishing rapport or relaxing someone. For that reason, I might not respond to something someone said or interrupt them. This is soooo rude, and I know that, but I forget sometimes. This is a specific element of what has already been said: We suck at social skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I haven't read the other "top three reasons why this temperament sucks" threads, but I have to say, I'm really enjoying how so many of these INT ones are really "why I rule" lists in Groucho Marx glasses.
    That's because there isn't any objective measure for which traits "suck" and which ones "rule." NT's may be aware of what others will see as weaknesses in them, but they may not frame them as weaknesses because they don't see them that way. But feel free to come up with better reason for why we suck.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by dorkilicious View Post
    That's because there isn't any objective measure for which traits "suck" and which ones "rule." NT's may be aware of what others will see as weaknesses in them, but they may not frame them as weaknesses because they don't see them that way. But feel free to come up with better reason for why we suck.
    lol... Laugh! Just laugh! Stop trying to explain everything! It was a joke! It doesn't need an analytical response!

Hmmm. This one should be on the list, if it's not already.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Good call, J.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    lol... Laugh! Just laugh! Stop trying to explain everything! It was a joke! It doesn't need an analytical response!

Hmmm. This one should be on the list, if it's not already.
    This makes me wonder if I'm the world's first INTJ would-be comedian. At least the first one that doesn't hand out sheets of footnotes explaining his jokes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    This makes me wonder if I'm the world's first INTJ would-be comedian. At least the first one that doesn't hand out sheets of footnotes explaining his jokes.
    I dunno, can't INTJs be funny? People who know me think I'm really funny and claim to admire me for my sense of humor! I think an N function relieves some of the J's natural anal-retentiveness.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I've heard Andy Kauffman being categorized as an INTJ.

Not that he was exactly popular. (Or sane.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I've seen a couple of lists that categorized Dan Akyroyd and Chevy Chase as INTJs, as well.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --