MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    1. We're horny.
    Why would that mean we suck? That's not... oh...

MBTI
    INTP

1. Hopeless indecisiveness, or well maybe I should say being overwhelmed with so many interesting possibilities that it is agonizing to be limited to just one, or maybe I should be direct and say I have a hard time reaching a final conclusion.......

2. The inability to translate self-diagnosed ability and interests into a usable/salable skills into a career

3. Tying into above, "thought crushes" that can be obsessive but turn on a dime. I will dig and dig and research away on something, then one day it bores me and I do the same to another subject. Kind of makes finishing a degree, etc. a challenge. (I did finish a BA...on the decade plus plan)

+1. The difficulty tuning out the "instant replay" and mental "color commentary" for every mistake ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    That would describe me very well. I get into trouble when I ignore or undermine a boss (or military superior) because I believe their way of thinking is flawed ... or simply that they are morons.
    INTPs/INTJs must work for a competent manager with equal or superior intelligence to them. Otherwise, there's no respect. I think that's why there are so many "NTs" in management positions. Talk about arrogance, huh? I hate that about myself.

MBTI
    type
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by GruffyBear View Post
    (I did finish a BA...on the decade plus plan)
    Huh. It took me seven years, including one year of academic drop.

I thought I was just being lazy.

MBTI
    INTJ

+1. The difficulty tuning out the "instant replay" and mental "color commentary" for every mistake ever made.
    Absolutely agreed
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1. Hopeless indecisiveness, or well maybe I should say being overwhelmed with so many interesting possibilities that it is agonizing to be limited to just one, or maybe I should be direct and say I have a hard time reaching a final conclusion.......

2. The inability to translate self-diagnosed ability and interests into a usable/salable skills into a career

3. Tying into above, "thought crushes" that can be obsessive but turn on a dime. I will dig and dig and research away on something, then one day it bores me and I do the same to another subject. Kind of makes finishing a degree, etc. a challenge. (I did finish a BA...on the decade plus plan)

Agreed, agreed, agreed... and agreed!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Default Why do INTPs allow themselves to pigeonholed with such a horrible trait?

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Definitely over-thinking and under-doing. My lack of follow through is one of my greatest liabilities.
    I've come out INTP on some MBTI-like tests, but I definitely do not lack follow-through.

In fact, this trait is the number one reason I haven't self-identified as an INTP. I like being pracitical, and making things happen in the real world. But, I love theory more so than almost every one I've met.

It has been often said, "There is nothing more practical than a good theory."

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I've come out INTP on some MBTI-like tests, but I definitely do not lack follow-through.

In fact, this trait is the number one reason I haven't self-identified as an INTP. I like being pracitical, and making things happen in the real world. But, I love theory more so than almost every one I've met.

It has been often said, "There is nothing more practical than a good theory."
    that bugs me about the ENTP stereotype too. if we didn't follow through on things, we'd be dead.

it's that we don't follow through on the thousands of ideas that we get, not that we don't follow through on ANY. once we decide to do something, nothing stands in our way.

the descriptions for both types get misinterpreted, and i agree, it is frustrating.

but, eh, fuck 'em. let them think what they want. that way they won't be expecting it when it happens, so less resistance will get in our way.

dun dun DUNNNN.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It is only the things I'm unsure about or don't care much about that I don't follow-through on.

If it's something I'm passionate about or something that I know has to be done and actually completed (i.e., no more room for flex), then I pour myself into it and get it done.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft