User Tag List

First 210111213142262 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

*stuffs Shimpei in a bag for Uber* This should be interesting.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Bunny?

So what is fluffy fun then?

NTs play video games and some read comic books, wouldn't that count as fluffy fun?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Bunny?

So what is fluffy fun then?

NTs play video games and some read comic books, wouldn't that count as fluffy fun?
    They are somewhat fluffy, but there's a point, a goal in video games; and to read comics, you have to be able to read.

Making mud pies with kids, and enjoying doing so- now that's fluffy fun! Especially if you dare the kid to taste 'em.

I also enjoy making up Gawd-awful lies to tell my credulous nieces and nephews.

Have you ever made hats and necklaces of flowers?

And I could see Uberfurher with a fifty lb. bunny that wears a studded collar.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
    They are somewhat fluffy, but there's a point, a goal in video games; and to read comics, you have to be able to read.

Making mud pies with kids, and enjoying doing so- now that's fluffy fun! Especially if you dare the kid to taste 'em.

I also enjoy making up Gawd-awful lies to tell my credulous nieces and nephews.

Have you ever made hats and necklaces of flowers?

And I could see Uberfurher with a fifty lb. bunny that wears a studded collar.
    I would suspect lying takes a great deal of intellectual capacity. So why is that "fluffy?"

And to make hats and necklaces of flowers, I would suspect you would need to be good with your hands.

And I do have a 6-foot tall bunny right next to me. His name is Harvey!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I would suspect lying takes a great deal of intellectual capacity. So why is that "fluffy?"

And to make hats and necklaces of flowers, I would suspect you would need to be good with your hands.

And I do have a 6-foot tall bunny right next to me. His name is Harvey!
    Arrggghhh! I give up!
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (So they came to their friend as an equal level person and go away feeling preached to or talked down to or suffering the insinuation they weren't smart enough to solve their own problem, when really they just wanted someone to reframe things or tell them they weren't as far off-base as they felt.)
    I'm an INTP and generally this is what I want when I vent. My other half is also an INTP and it's taken us a looong time to realise that it's far more productive to listen and empathize, rather get into the solving the problem mentality. The 'solving the problem' thing just makes me feel like I haven't been heard.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    *stuffs Shimpei in a bag for Uber* This should be interesting.
    Lol, I'm an old bunny for Uber.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    1. They are often so focused on the discussion and the subtext of the discussion that they completely miss the sub-subtext and the sub-sub-subtext of the discussion. Particular irl face-to-face conversation.
    LOL (at me). Fair point. Although, I expect I don't even pick up on the subtext of discussions, let alone the sub-subtext or sub-sub-subtext. This is yet another social skill I wish I had, and it's one that it is hard to conciously learn because it's all about the unspoken/implied stuff. I do have a few colleagues at work who analyse out loud what's really happening or what someone really meant and that's been quite eye-opening. But sadly, that hasn't happened often enough for me to have learnt how to do it myself.

2. They don't actually believe that the faults they are most often accused of (arrogance, coldness, lack of empathy) are genuine faults. In fact, they consider these to be strengths. Thus they typically don't consider their types to have any real weaknesses.
    That may be true of some INT's but I personally don't fall into this broad generalization . Well, I do have the arrogance, coldness and lack of empathy, but I don't consider them to be strengths.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
    Arrggghhh! I give up!
    There's another problem with you NFs -- you give up too easily!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

2. They don't actually believe that the faults they are most often accused of (arrogance, coldness, lack of empathy) are genuine faults. In fact, they consider these to be strengths. Thus they typically don't consider their types to have any real weaknesses.
    First, a defense:

What some people may consider to be my "arrogance" is simply a manifestation of my confidence in myself and my abilities. My personal self-confidence isn't steeped in my appearance, my ability to keep up with fashion, my intelligence, or any other such flimsy grounds. My confidence is based on the fact that I have, throughout my life, set and achieved, of my own efforts and planning, difficult goals. If that isn't an acceptable reason to feel good about yourself, then, really, what the hell is?

As for my coldness, the simple fact is this: my personal life-premise is that a life well-lived is a life rich in personal accomplishment. Whether we are aware of it or not, every one of us has such a "life premise" at the root of our decisions, actions, and personalities. I just happen to be quite aware of what my life-premise is and don't delude myself otherwise. To that end, in every situation I enter, I want to use every last brain cycle to assess, as accurately as possible, the situation. I simply can't be bothered to spend valuable brain cycles on worrying about what facial expressions I'm displaying, what my stance says of me, etc. If my life-premise were different, for example, if my life-premise were that a rich life is one filled with love and friendship, then you can bet I would place such things in a higher order of precedence.

Which leads into my next point. Terms such as "arrogant", "cold", and "lacking empathy" are subjective; one man's "arrogant" is another's "confident". One man's "cold" is another man's "calm and collected". Such terms are value-based assessments. And now, because I really don't actually have three things I dislike about NFs in order to join the other thread, I will use this to segue into the only thing that bothers me about them:

They insist upon making value-based assessments (F) even though they should really be clever enough (N) to know better!