User Tag List

First 9101112132161 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 774

  1. #101
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Actually, what usually happened is that the Feeler hones in on the word "wasted" (see my quote) that I let slip out in frustration -- "What do you mean WASTING your time??? You consider this marriage/friendship to be WASTING your time? Why did you ever marry/befriend me if you just thought you were WASTING your life!!!!!??? I hate you! Go away! I don't know why I thought I could ever talk to you about the things that matter to me!"

    Grrrrrr.....

    which leads to:
    #5 Reason. Typecast as the RB/HB [Ruthless Bastard / Heartless Bitch].
    Sorry but I have to disagree there. That's a reason why everyone else sucks when dealing with INTs. See now I didn't notice a single problem with your rant because I read it in context of you being annoyed. This is an NT thing and something that most if not all people miss, except those familiar with it. Honestly that wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest. In fact I'd probably stop being pissed at you instantly at that and cheer up.

    Funny how people can read sarcasm but only if you do it in a sarcastic tone. Oh and is being sardonic "sardony"?

    Hmm divergance again. Damn your plague today!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  2. #102
    Senior Member Lookin4theBestNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Let's see if the NFs play along, though, before we get too excited about it.
    I do want to play along but you all sent a Noob to do the job . Where is MacGuffin when you need him?!?
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

  3. #103
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree there.
    Disagree with what? That Feelers tend to respond that way?

    See now I didn't notice a single problem with your rant because I read it in context of you being annoyed. This is an NT thing and something that most if not all people miss, except those familiar with it. Honestly that wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest. In fact I'd probably stop being pissed at you instantly at that and cheer up.
    Good. Because that's what it would have been.

    Funny how people can read sarcasm but only if you do it in a sarcastic tone.
    I know, I know... I have to stop the "dry sarcasm" around people who aren't expecting it. Sometimes they take me straight-forward and then get ticked, where I was just joking or being whimsical.

    Oh and is being sardonic "sardony"?
    To quote that world-renown sage Madonna, "It makes my bottom hurt just by thinking about it."

    Hmm divergance again. Damn your plague today!!


    Sorry, Charlie, I think you're the common link here!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #104
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Disagree with what? That Feelers tend to respond that way?
    NO..that its a reason why NTs suck..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Good. Because that's what it would have been.
    Exactly so it's more to do with others suckage than with your own.. capisce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I know, I know... I have to stop the "dry sarcasm" around people who aren't expecting it. Sometimes they take me straight-forward and then get ticked, where I was just joking or being whimsical.
    You should see some of the people I know. They are now reduced to assuming I'm being sarcastic/ sardonic unless there is evidence to the contrary. It's the only way they survive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    To quote that world-renown sage Madonna, "It makes my bottom hurt just by thinking about it."
    Sage? No it's different herbs used in that embalming process. You gotta wonder though when they're going to put the tape over her mouth though. It's gotta be worth a national holiday or six.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

    Sorry, Charlie, I think you're the common link here!
    I need a halti for my brain.... ooo a new sig me thinks. Damn it I've done it again!!! :steam:
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #105
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    1. They are often so focused on the discussion and the subtext of the discussion that they completely miss the sub-subtext and the sub-sub-subtext of the discussion. Particular irl face-to-face conversation.

    2. They don't actually believe that the faults they are most often accused of (arrogance, coldness, lack of empathy) are genuine faults. In fact, they consider these to be strengths. Thus they typically don't consider their types to have any real weaknesses.

    3. They often make terrible parents. The implicit (if not explicit) demand for competence from their offspring undermines the perceived unconditionality of their love, which is bolstered by the famous INT difficulty in expressing affection in direct ways. This is especially damaging to the perceived self-worth of young offspring, and fosters all kinds of insecurity. This might be compensated for if the INT believed that coldness is actually a fault but, alas, they usually don't.

  6. #106
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    3. They often make terrible parents. The implicit (if not explicit) demand for competence from their offspring undermines the perceived unconditionality of their love, which is bolstered by the famous INT difficulty in expressing affection in direct ways. This is especially damaging to the perceived self-worth of young offspring, and fosters all kinds of insecurity. This might be compensated for if the INT believed that coldness is actually a fault but, alas, they usually don't.
    That's actually something I disagree with. INTPs seem to have a split personality when it comes to kids and families... but it has been shown that for the most part, we make excellent parents. INTJs are a bit more split than INTPs and they can be very vision driven, which makes them a bit worse in certain cases. In both cases, it is the ENTs that seem to have more pressure problems.

    (I love #2 though... )

  7. #107
    Senior Member Crabapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What exactly is considered "fluffy fun"?
    Well, for instance, a lot of the fun on this board comes from puns and wordplay. That is not "fluffy fun". Fluffy fun is more nonsensical and is emotionally pleasant and humorous.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

  8. #108
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
    Well, for instance, a lot of the fun on this board comes from puns and wordplay. That is not "fluffy fun". Fluffy fun is more nonsensical and is emotionally pleasant and humorous.
    What? You don't think wordplay and puns are pleasant and humorous?

  9. #109
    Senior Member Crabapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What? You don't think wordplay and puns are pleasant and humorous?
    They are intelligently pleasant and humorous. Not that that's a bad thing- it just ain't fluffy.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

  10. #110
    Pareo cattus Natrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Methinks you need a bunny, Uber.

    This signature left intentionally blank.

    Really.

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] Top 3 reasons for why SPs suck...
    By The Ü™ in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:58 AM
  2. [SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs suck...
    By The Ü™ in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 07:21 PM
  3. [SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs rule...
    By Athenian200 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 01:11 AM
  4. [NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Rock
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 02:06 PM
  5. [NF] Top 3 reasons for why NFs suck...
    By The Ü™ in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO