• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ and INTP Comparison

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I propose keeping INTJs and INTPs out of this thread if you want to learn anything at all.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Isn't there this thread all the time?

Correct answer: Learn about the cognitive functions. INTJs are Ni-dominant (and Te-auxilary), INTPs are Ti-dominant (and Ne auxilary).

Short answer: INTJs like D&D to crush other people. INTPs like D&D for other reasons.

Seamrog

That makes sense, then. I'm INTP, and when I play RPGs like that or the ones on the computer, I don't appreciate PVP as much as others do.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Isn't there this thread all the time?

Correct answer: Learn about the cognitive functions. INTJs are Ni-dominant (and Te-auxilary), INTPs are Ti-dominant (and Ne auxilary).

Short answer: INTJs like D&D to crush other people. INTPs like D&D for other reasons.

ZOMG, I always played single player RPGs and I didn't like the battles that much. What do I do, what do I do?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It's the same as the difference between ESFPs and ESFJs, only with different letters.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm not going to go into it, I'm just going to post the functions:

INTJ -> Ni, Te, Fi, Se
INTP -> Ti, Ne, Si, Fe

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTJs will tell you what a moron you are while INTPs just silently think it. :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJs will tell you what a moron you are while INTPs just silently think it. :D

I don't know sometimes it's hard to stay silent, and some kind of small usually-friendly humorous comment/insult comes out.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know sometimes it's hard to stay silent, and some kind of small usually-friendly humorous comment/insult comes out.

True, but Te tends to be more of a withering retort than Ti's friendly jab. :devil:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ya, think it's the other way around. Maybe the INTP will tell you you're a moron while the INTJ will explain why.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Errr...I think 219 29892 knew what he was saying, it makes sense to me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You callin me a moron :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It'd make sense, if he was calling me an INTJ.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"Ti's friendly jab" I believe in reference to your "humorous insult."

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, but he said "True, but.." so he was disagreeing on INTP's making friendly jabs.