• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] 4 situations, cognitive functions?

Abjection

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) Get a general idea and understanding of the big picture and then proceed to formulate a plan, to work towards it. Detailed planning followed by effective actions, loathes working without knowing what it's building up to. (Compression)

2) Details matter first, collect as much information as possible, start taking small steps and actions, then using all those details, the user finally see's the bigger picture. (Expansion)

3) The user reflects and looks at the problem, locates the key issue (usually lack of a certain action/ proper implementation and planning) and proceeds to move on ahead, while remembering to correct that mistakes. (not self-critical, but looks at the problem as an isolated, detached, issue. Detached from the inner self sort of event.)
To simplify, problem is external.

4) The user reflects and looks at the problem, locates key issue (not in implementation and planning (action) but in thought process and the individual's mindset towards the project. Attempts to change mindset before moving on. (self-critical)
To simplify, problem is internal.\

I would like to know which cognitive functions you would assign to each of the above situation. They are just 4 random examples. Do respond.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have no idea which functions relate to these (focusing on functions doesn't interest me much)... i am an intp, and i perform all of those steps when addressing problem... well, that isn't precisely true... approach number two mentions taking small steps and actions... i only take physical/verbal action as a means to gather data, unless i feel i have allready found the solution (and have begun to implement it)...

i am not sure that this is helpful, but i thought it may be...

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
1) Get a general idea and understanding of the big picture and then proceed to formulate a plan, to work towards it. Detailed planning followed by effective actions, loathes working without knowing what it's building up to. (Compression)

2) Details matter first, collect as much information as possible, start taking small steps and actions, then using all those details, the user finally see's the bigger picture. (Expansion)

3) The user reflects and looks at the problem, locates the key issue (usually lack of a certain action/ proper implementation and planning) and proceeds to move on ahead, while remembering to correct that mistakes. (not self-critical, but looks at the problem as an isolated, detached, issue. Detached from the inner self sort of event.)

4) The user reflects and looks at the problem, locates key issue (not in implementation and planning (action) but in thought process and the individual's mindset towards the project. Attempts to change mindset before moving on. (self-critical)

I would like to know which cognitive functions you would assign to each of the above situation. They are just 4 random examples. Do respond.

1) Te
2) Si+Te
3) Si+Te
4) Si+Ti

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

They're all introverted perceiving approaches, potentially either of them. The difference Ni and Si lies in the relative importance of certainty and potential. Si types lean more towards the most reliable path, Ni types are more likely to follow a path to big results, so long as they think it is viable. Functions don't dictate the level of detail you are describing. Knowing a persons type won't allow you to predict their methodology so precisely.

sculpting

interesting

The first is Te. but cant really place as ENTJ, as it seems to miss the profound skill entjs have at situational adaptation.
The second sound TiNe, ie INTP or NiSe in an INTJ
The third sounds like NiTe, ie INTJ
The fourth sounds like Sorta like NeTi, ie ENTP or SeNi in an INTJ