• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Teen Aged - ENTP

TypologyWSYF

As a 15 year old (female) ENTP-T I would like to learn and speak to fellow ENTPs that happen to be teen aged or adult ENTPs about how their lives were as Teens vs Now. :) Self improvement is on the top of my list as well as socializing so let the conversations and connections begin!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION] :D

ah god, why??! This is boring.
Fine, in a few words.
High school sucked. I hated school, the philosophy teacher loathed me for basically ridiculing his philosophy-for-morons classes. I faked chronic illness as to justify my abysmal or as I prefer to call it record-breaking attendance record. My understanding of the education system, beyond its utter uselessness (except if u want to become a physicist or smthing) is that you either need to be an A student if that's your thing, or a passing grade student otherwise. Anything in-between is sheer insanity/stupidity. I choose the later path and was generally barely aware of what was going on there on most days.

I took a 1 year break in college (also called Psychology College, where FJs and crazy people dwell - not mutually exclusive)

what else?
I then decided to do something actually useful - passed late admission exams to business schools - picked the one I thought made the most sense for various deep reasons. and of course I was right (won't go into details because boring and specific to my country's educational system etc.)

theeeenn I got my masters. College was way cooler because I actually chose to go there, but i still skipped most of it. I got my actual degree years later because I didn't want to write my thesis, or however they call these things. Mine was on space tourism, because it wasn't boring. Though I knew it was unlikely to pan out commercially before the 2030ies. Because come the fuck on - noone sane wants to pay a huge amount if the risk is high and its going to take a LONG time to get there.

Theeeeeeennnn welllll ... mh.
I was at a bar with some friends after a trip to the USA and he was leaving for Dubai, so i went over the data available to me and told him I'll come along on the spot. I was on the plane about 48 hours later, found a job there. Developed new products for that particular startup - got 3 promotions in about 1.5 year.. then i setup my own company, got up to 10+ employees in under a year until my business partner decided to basically fuck me over - life lesson.

Skipping over the details I'm an international man of mystery. I guess.

Last thought, I only seem to be willing to maintain for about 2 years before going mad from routine / not feeling like I'm learning anything. I then apply some large changes (moving to another continent, changing lifestyles etc.).

[MENTION=28425]TypologyWSYF[/MENTION]
Any questions ?

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
Teenage. I have read developmental psychology books (needed that for teaching courses) besides being Freudian BS continuum in different clothes (humans are all same and odd ones are disordered :dry:) I came to a conclusion that I am not a human at all at least when I was a teenager. I was the weirdo who knew he was a weirdo and had non ego driven social anxieties as well – some kind of basket case. Over here where I was born and still live we have Fi heavy culture which was very oppressive to me. I had to be quiet but lately I have broken the ice and do not care about others Fi outpourings. :hi: Yes, I was liked by many Si and Fe types in the past but this freaking Fi was like a prison.

I was very interested in from purely conceptual things but that is kind of dead end where I was. So from that got interested in sciences I guess it kept my in a leash as I couldn't argue too much all tough for a science master's thesis contained a lot of argumentation and it was considered pretty good.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Teenage. I have read developmental psychology books (needed that for teaching courses) besides being Freudian BS continuum in different clothes (humans are all same and odd ones are disordered :dry:) I came to a conclusion that I am not a human at all at least when I was a teenager. I was the weirdo who knew he was a weirdo and had non ego driven social anxieties as well – some kind of basket case. Over here where I was born and still live we have Fi heavy culture which was very oppressive to me. I had to be quiet but lately I have broken the ice and do not care about others Fi outpourings. :hi: Yes, I was liked by many Si and Fe types in the past but this freaking Fi was like a prison.

I was very interested in from purely conceptual things but that is kind of dead end where I was. So from that got interested in sciences I guess it kept my in a leash as I couldn't argue too much all tough for a science master's thesis contained a lot of argumentation and it was considered pretty good.

You know. Entps are Supposed to be "fe" not "fi".

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
When you are Fe'ing like a retard (like all ExTPs do) then Fi heavy culture is like a mental prison. When you extrovert it is frowned upon because you do not do it in a right way. Emotional closeness is expected I don't even know how to do that crap even if I have some concept how to see it. I have seen INTPs using Fi (role function) more or less so they get a free pass.

Te and Fi go hand in hand.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think school is for all entps about the same. Like Eck said, if you dont want to be a grade A student, its just a huge waste of time. I regulary got in debates with teachers, I fought out in class or in the exams. I once wrote an exam in german class, in which I wrote about 20+ pages and only 5 dealt with the exam itself. That teacher was so fucked up and politically biased, he was anything but the open-mindedness he tried to teach us. That was the first time when I learnt that extreme leftist teacher aint better than the extreme right ones.
My attendance record tho was exemplary. I have come pretty fast in life to the point when I needed to find other activities besides the rote activities lifes wants from me. I pretty early had ICQ on my mobile, which was the first whatsapp 10 years ago. People laughed at me, saying nobody would need that ever on their mobile.

In puberty school finally became irrelevant to me. I more concernced with girls and computer games. I built up a computer gang and we played counterstrike fun-professionally. We won some trophies and my actual PC is still from that time, paid by prize money. Eventually tho that gang broke up due to my frequent changing girls and the enviousness of some other male members.

I then finished school with majors in german and english literature and minors in biology and protestant theology. After that I went to the army for 2 years (1 year is mandatory in Germany) smoked weed for two years and then thought to do something useful. I then started to study mechanical engineering and the first semester where quite the hell. This was about the time when I joined typeC, cause there were always other intrests, you need to cope with, to get the mind free of the ones you have to cope with. The university choice was quite hard in the beginning since I never cared for math or physics before. Had to learn a lot and all in all University was to theorethical for me. I then did my bachelor and after that I made a master in mechanical and another one in electrical engineering. The latter one intrested me more. After that I thought about making a doctor degree but I already looked back on 23 years of school and I finally had it. The german school system is pretty long, you basically cant finish high school before the age of 21. Since many people see that this sucks and the school system sucks, they try to skip classes or to otherwise accelerate stuff. Does barely work.

During University I already found a job in politics at my local town. The job is pretty chill and basically involves dealing with a lot of people, socializing, networking and getting to know all sorts of crazy technologies and trieing to help them make their ideas happen. Its my dream job. I've been working on that job for 3 years now, payment is very good and I used that time to get this engineering stuff a bit out of my system. That all made me pretty freaky and drained a lot of energy. I journeyed the World a bit, finally came out of the closet, learnt new sports and made the body fit not only the mind, found new hobbies, got new intrestes and hold on to the old. I got a lot of energy back and my plans are to look more into entrepreneurship towards age 40 for myself now. As a side thing to my current job. Its very chillaxed and I dont want to give that up too soon. Plus I have become quite popular in my hometown. Maybe run for Mayor, or not.

Ah and the girl thing is still complicated. Tried to do a sabatical from girls but didnt work. Maybe will come with age 40.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
As a 15 year old (female) ENTP-T I would like to learn and speak to fellow ENTPs that happen to be teen aged or adult ENTPs about how their lives were as Teens vs Now. :) Self improvement is on the top of my list as well as socializing so let the conversations and connections begin!

It's been 15+ years since I was a teenager. As a teen I was more impulsive and didn't foresee dealing with consequences as I do now. Other than that I'm largely the same. 'Adulting' has added an experiential perspective to life. I was/am social, enjoy the company of interesting people (but get bored really fast with uninteresting people), outgoing, well-known, and typically confident and comfortable in my own shoes.

I still struggle with Ne driving thoughts in terms of changing my interests a lot. With time that becomes more tempered and 'sticking to things' becomes easier and more natural.

I'm a HS drop out but got a second chance by enlisting in the military for 6 years. I don't recommend dropping out even if school is boring as shit. ENTPs , especially young ones, struggle with structure and discipline as well as the perception that we're smarter than most people around us. If you can get some solid grounding and acquire a source of structure and discipline you'll be set. You'll be able to deal with life's set-backs better and turn them into opportunities.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's been 15+ years since I was a teenager. As a teen I was more impulsive and didn't foresee dealing with consequences as I do now. Other than that I'm largely the same. 'Adulting' has added an experiential perspective to life. I was/am social, enjoy the company of interesting people (but get bored really fast with uninteresting people), outgoing, well-known, and typically confident and comfortable in my own shoes.

I still struggle with Ne driving thoughts in terms of changing my interests a lot. With time that becomes more tempered and 'sticking to things' becomes easier and more natural.

I'm a HS drop out but got a second chance by enlisting in the military for 6 years. I don't recommend dropping out even if school is boring as shit. ENTPs , especially young ones, struggle with structure and discipline as well as the perception that we're smarter than most people around us. If you can get some solid grounding and acquire a source of structure and discipline you'll be set. You'll be able to deal with life's set-backs better and turn them into opportunities.

15+ yrs since you were a teenager? C'mon thats a lie :D

ENTPower

I'm a 16-year-old male who's turning 17 in November. School sucks. Everyone in my History and English classes (mostly the same students) think I'm a dumbass and change seats when I sit next to them. I'm actually somewhat liked in my Math and Biology classes, though. My school has this SJW-ish assignment, and they linked fucking Everyday Feminism and BUZZFEED as resources (seriously). There's other stuff, too.

Cheeseburst9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wow.Ok so I'm not answering your question because I'm almost like you. 15yr old ENTP female.Would be nice being friends tho:)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey, I am a 19 years old ENTP (Due to be 20 years so basically Im just slipping off the teenager cliff slowly one day a a time :D). School sucked for me because they make you do classes that are boring and taught in a very boring manner (Spending an entire year on Romeo and Juliet is the epitome of bore a hole into me so i can die to not suffer boredom, theirs dozens of Shakespeare alone which would be much more interesting). In college you have more freedom of study which I have thrived under my only downfall being my laziness to do the leg work and details stuff. (As I like to say a few crooked trees can give character to the forest).

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm a 16-year-old male who's turning 17 in November. School sucks. Everyone in my History and English classes (mostly the same students) think I'm a dumbass and change seats when I sit next to them. I'm actually somewhat liked in my Math and Biology classes, though. My school has this SJW-ish assignment, and they linked fucking Everyday Feminism and BUZZFEED as resources (seriously). There's other stuff, too.

I know that bs. 18 y/o and INTP.
I got to write an essay either about fourth wave feminism, real shows or human-machine interaction. I chose the last one.
Some guys looked at me and said "c'mon girl, that's not for you"

Anomally

Oh how I envy you young ENTPs :).

If I could go back in time, here is what I would tell my teenage ENTP self.

If the assignments and home are so easy, try more advanced classes, or stfu and do them.

Yes, you are so effortlessly cool without even trying, but don't be a dick about it.

Stick with something, art music anything JUST STICK WITH IT.

Learn about career opportunities that give you freedom and flexibility now, before you are 40 and you realize you aren't happy with your career choice, even though you excelled a rocket speed in your unfulfilling position.

If the assignments bore you talk to your teachers to see if they will give you credit if you do something outside the normal assignments but within topic. Maybe that will keep you focused.

Don't neglect your relationships. That friend you had, that no longer is interesting to you is probably wondering what is wrong with them or what they did wrong to fall out of your favor. Re connect, it will feel great I promise.

Continue questioning everything.

Get organized.

Ask for help more.

Don't tackle every single personal problem on your own.

You're already awesome so..

Listen more.

Drugs and Alcohol will only slow you from reaching your full potential.

Explore more and try more things that might interest you.

It's ok to want alone time, there is nothing wrong with you for wanting to withdraw for awhile.

People who don't get aren't morons and don't deserve being ridiculed, they aren't as intelligent as you. Would you make fun of someone that was born blind for not being able to understand colors?

Be Kind.
Be Humble.
Be Innovative.

Change the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arthoe

MBTI Type
ENTP
This thread is kind of old, and I don't know if OP is still checking but whatevs, since I enjoyed reading this:

I'm a female ENTP-T aged 22. I, also, often debated with teachers. Especially if they were stupid and their tasks didn't make sense, or if we had to repeat the same shit all over again... irritating af. Didn't enjoy school most of the time because it was, basically, a waste of time. Skipped a lot but still pulled thru because school is basically a pattern and if u kind of follow it u manage, I was not an A-grade student tho because I hardly made any effort. Enjoyed learning about things I was (am) interested in, but ya know, how the school is set up is such bullshit and boring. I was lazy (since I didn't think it was fun), plus understimulated. Trolled around a lot.