• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Apparently the star of this show: Doc Marten is an INTJ.

Three minutes into that episode he walks right into a door. BAM! Hahahahaha. :rofl1:

Eylrid

MBTI Type
INFP
My ENTP daughter was playing piano. For some time she was struggling until at last I said to her, "don't you think it'd be easier without that umbrella lying over the keys?" she looked up. "Umbrella?" :laugh:

I was struggling to read a newspaper yesterday, when my ESFJ daughter came in the room, switched on the light and said "Why are you reading in the dark?" and i was like, "ah, I thought it was more difficult than usual... I was contemplating cleaning my glasses, but..." :blush:

This happens to me fairly often. My Mom comes in and turns on the light. I don't mind a little darkness, though.

Any other amusing anecdotes of sensotardation? :)

I've had several times where I've gotten into the car and driven down the road in pitch black conditions with nothing but my parking lights on. After a few minutes I'd say, "I wonder why the road is darker than it usually is..." And then realize that I forgot to turn my headlights on. I've also forgotten to use deodorant several times, but let's not go into that...

I do that too.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
I just sumbled across this, back from sometime this winter, I was checking the time and didn't notice my friend taking the photo. Liminality the fascist, who knew :D:doh:

glove1.jpg

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've spent a day with my pajama top still round my middle - didn't finish taking it off.

I've done this before! I show up to school wondering why my clothes is so tight, then I realize I didn't take my pajamas off before putting on my clothes!

Also, once when I was talking to my brother, for some reason, I wanted to say I liked the lamp that was next to me, but instead, I said, "I really like this fan." I immediately burst into laughter because I thought of how stupid that sounded, and my brother just gave me a strange look. Also, during that same conversation, I wanted to say "pretty cool", but it came out as "critty". I combine words a lot.

I don't know what's wrong with me.
:alttongue:

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
I've done this before! I show up to school wondering why my clothes is so tight, then I realize I didn't take my pajamas off before putting on my clothes!

Also, once when I was talking to my brother, for some reason, I wanted to say I liked the lamp that was next to me, but instead, I said, "I really like this fan." I immediately burst into laughter because I thought of how stupid that sounded, and my brother just gave me a strange look. Also, during that same conversation, I wanted to say "pretty cool", but it came out as "critty". I combine words a lot.

I don't know what's wrong with me.
:alttongue:

Rofl, yeahhh, that whole talking coherently thing...totally overrated.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I still have to ask people to open packets of chips for me... :blush: Which I hate so I have just stopped eating them.. in fact I have stopped eating anything that requires removing a packet! I always push dorrs that say 'pull' on them.. and couldn't figure out why the library doors were locked and the library was in darkness... Was quite annoyed until someone pointed out that it was 9 o'clock on a sunday... :(

Synthetic Darkness

Synth... is there something about yeur after hours job yeu'd like to tell us? >.>;;

I just didn't have any pockets that's all ;)

Newest sensotard moment:

It was lunchtime and my friends and I were roaming the halls as usual now we were in front of the library when I thought it would be cool to try my new ninja/starwars move with my umbrella, now as I'm making weird noises and frantically waving around my umbrella...did I walk into a door and after muttering about retarded teachers who forget to close their doors...did I realize that the teacher was watching me the whole time, laughing his arse off :doh:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What's wrong with a big bowl full of milk?
I 'multitask' during eating if I'm alone (and bored by just eating). Results:
- drinking the whole glass of sour milk ("strange, there is something wrong - but this quadratic function does give that parabola, I didn't make any calculation/sign errors this time - thirsty - something wrong - found the zeroes - how should I explain negative zeroes to these students? - bleh, that milk was sour!!")
- leaving half a glass of milk on the table or half a sandwich or...

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Originally Posted by substitute

I was struggling to read a newspaper yesterday, when my ESFJ daughter came in the room, switched on the light and said "Why are you reading in the dark?" and i was like, "ah, I thought it was more difficult than usual... I was contemplating cleaning my glasses, but..."

Originally Posted by Eldanen
I've had several times where I've gotten into the car and driven down the road in pitch black conditions with nothing but my parking lights on. After a few minutes I'd say, "I wonder why the road is darker than it usually is..." And then realize that I forgot to turn my headlights on. I've also forgotten to use deodorant several times, but let's not go into that...

Heh... I walked into work a week or so ago and had forgotten to swap out my sunglasses with my regular glasses when I got out of my car. It took me 15 minutes and someone asking me if I was "hungover or something" for me to realize "why it was so dark" in the office.

:doh:

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll often pause during the day to ask myself if I brushed my teeth earlier, or showered, or ate breakfast.

Sometimes I'll tell someone I enjoyed lunch but when asked what I had for lunch I'll have no idea. :thinking:

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I spent 20 minutes attempting to put on a sweater before I realized that I was trying to put my head through the arm hole.

StoryToTell

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
This thread is awesome.
I've brushed my teeth in the morning, then promptly forgotten if I had, only to find that the toothbrush was already wet when I went to brush them again.
I was texting and looking at hoodies, wandered over to the mirror to try one on, then freaked out when I reached for my phone and it wasn't in my pocket. It had been on the shelf across the way for about five minutes at that point.
Any sort of renovations. Took me about a year to realize the wire traffic light by my house was replaced by a traffic light on a pole.
What happened the day before.

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey, whose that asshole who forgot to put on their parking break and is now running after their truck?

Oh, it's me! :doh:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first sensotard moment that comes to my mind is when I was asked to grab an ashtray for someone, sprinted upstairs, only to return with a TV remote control.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey, whose that asshole who forgot to put on their parking break and is now running after their truck?

Oh, it's me! :doh:

I've done that a few times too.

relentless

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram
went 2 the bathroom 2 clean my teeth, came out, holding my tooth bush having only wached my hands.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I walked out of the house wearing odd shoes once. Went back and changed them

astroninja

MBTI Type
INTP
Was on the phone with my friend. Started rummaging through my bag and hissing to her, "Where the hell is my goddamn phone?" And she said "Er, aren't you using it now?". Has happened more than once.