• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lil sensotard moment, first sensotard moment since my screw up two days ago. Focused Se functioned for approximatly 40 hours.

I accidentally brought keys that I shouldn't have back home from work. Keys that other people will need tonight. So I'll have to go back at some point to put them back. :p

edit: First posted this post in the wrong thread. Second little sensotard moment. :D

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
wow, all of you are terrible.

i never forget anythng.
(i)

actually I'm terrible at remebering numbers of any sort, which is why I haven't checked my bank account forever because while I know my pin I dont know the log in username that I chose and I've just been too lazy of a P to go down and figure it out.

and mostly I don't remember the names of places, just how to get there and what they looked like. which is why I'm also terrible at giving directions and driving places when given directions. and thats why I like GPS. although sometimes when I'm told to 'turn left' I just turn right, and then I'm like 'waiiiit why did I just turn right? she said left. fuckshit.' maybe she needs to point it at me. '<<<< turn, this way <<<'
that would help.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
wow, all of you are terrible.

i never forget anythng.
(i)

actually I'm terrible at remebering numbers of any sort, which is why I haven't checked my bank account forever because while I know my pin I dont know the log in username that I chose and I've just been too lazy of a P to go down and figure it out.

and mostly I don't remember the names of places, just how to get there and what they looked like. which is why I'm also terrible at giving directions and driving places when given directions. and thats why I like GPS. although sometimes when I'm told to 'turn left' I just turn right, and then I'm like 'waiiiit why did I just turn right? she said left. fuckshit.' maybe she needs to point it at me. '<<<< turn, this way <<<'
that would help.

haha, I relate to that so much it's not even funny.

Some things I've thought are sensotard moments when really they're probably just intuitard ones. Language is, after all, an abstract concept. We sensors are much better with our hands and eyes.

RogueAgent

MBTI Type
ISTP
I am just LMAO at most of these. I occasionally have a sensotard moment, but only if I am extremely preoccupied at that moment. Once I went to Arby's with a car full of people and I ordered and pulled up to the first window and paid. Then I drove off, lol. Realized what I did immediately and came back, went inside and got my order.

These kinds of events you N's are describing as common are very rare for me, thankfully.

I think if I was as situationally unaware as some of you sound, I may as well give up on flying lest I end up a lawn dart. :newwink:

V

violaine

I usually have sensotard moments when people introduce themselves to me, and I'm not making a mental not of their name. Luckily I know a lot of people have the same problem, which makes it easier.

Oh gawd, this was the bane of my existence in my teens. x 1000. I would apparently meet people, even spend entire evenings with them only to completely forget any of our interactions by the time we next met. I would get so paranoid about going to parties etc cos I would run into people who knew me but I had no idea who they were. There were people my sis would talk about and I had no idea who they were and she was like, you've hung out with them five times already! Eeps. *scratches head* I have a memory like an elephant for everything else.

Yesterday I needed to go to city hall with some papers. I was at work, left the papers at home. So I drive home to get the papers. Then I realized I didn't have my wallet and needed identification as well. I looked all over at home, couldn't find it. Figured I left it at work. So I went to work to get my wallet. Found my wallet at work. Ah all set.

I'm back in my car, preparing to go to city hall... Damnit. In my hastiness and search frenzy for my wallet at home, I actually forgot to bring the papers. I start heading home again, got my papers in a hurry, city hall was nearing closing time. So I snatch them from the table and start scooting to the car. Drove to city hall, got in line, picked a number. Waited 10 mins, my turn! I walk up to the desk. Pull out my wallet and the papers. Spreading the papers as I start to talk to the girl behind the desk.

My eyes lower to the papers in my hands. You know how INTP's are at looking strangers in the eye when conversing. And what do I see. A printed out personal file of mine.

I had snatched the wrong papers from my table at home.

I had to mention it here. This has surely been the most sensotard moement of the year for me.

I went to city hall today and everything went smoothly this time by the way. :p

Bwahahahah!

Hmm, this summer I have been plagued by the amount of times I've accidentally worn my lil straw fedora backwards. I have trained myself to check the placement of my hat when I notice one of those weird looks from people (which, to be honest, even takes a little while for me to register as being stared at for looking odd.) Lol. Always very humbling. :)

Also, recently went out all day with a friend until he finally asked, what is that white stuff all over you?

Sun cream. Applied it but forgot to rub it in, lol. So smooth!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am taking an advanced statistics class for the behavioral sciences, and whoa, does the distinction of the fact that I am an N versus an S come out.

Conceptually I get it, (or most of it), but when it comes to SPSS, grrrrr, I feel like a useless monkey clunking away at the keys!!!

Inferential statistics for the almost epic win, descriptive statistics for the epic lose.

And, I hate having to make graphs using a stupid computer program!!!!

Headstrong

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am taking an advanced statistics class for the behavioral sciences, and whoa, does the distinction of the fact that I am an N versus an S come out.

Conceptually I get it, (or most of it), but when it comes to SPSS, grrrrr, I feel like a useless monkey clunking away at the keys!!!

Inferential statistics for the almost epic win, descriptive statistics for the epic lose.

And, I hate having to make graphs using a stupid computer program!!!!

Oh yes...the joys of SPSS. It's a pain. I remember taking that same class. Couldn't agree more.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I just realized it's saturday. Only took me about 8 hours.

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Well I did wonder why I was limping.

New sensotard moment:

I thought I lost a 5 dollar bill (I do lose money very easily) so I overturn the house looking for it because my brother needed the money for a school trip (don't ask me why he couldn't just ask my mom he's a sensotard like me) and after checking every room and turning it upside did I realize it was in my bra :doh:

I wondered what was chafing me. :cheese:

:blush:

I do this all the time. But the end result was far more humbling.

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
A while ago when I was in school I was challenging a friend in a math game (equations for those who know it). The game works with one player shaking all the dice and then creating a "solution." Then the players work at creating lots of different equations that would equal that solution from the remaining dice. Anyway, there are a few more intricacies that make the game challenging, but basically all the players are looking to create the most challenging and creative equation that the other players won't think of and then narrow down the possibilities to just that one equation.

So I was playing the best player on our team and he kept throwing random dice into the required category and I had to keep modifying my already ridiculous equation to fit everything. Finally when it came time to show our equations to each other I figured we must have the same equation. Well, we might have had I realized I was solving for 9 instead of 8. I had come up with a very complicated equation with all the same numbers and functions as my friend--for the wrong answer. I felt a bit sheepish.

D

Dali

Am I the only sensotarded sensor out there?

I have to will my Se to work and it does brilliantly when I do (will it). Otherwise, most of the time, it's a bit of a joke.

My absent-mindedness is frequently the butt of my friend's jokes.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Lol yes, happened at least 5-6 times. :yes:

Hahaha!! Ahhh, try 2x's in one day. And the damn server has the nerve to keep track of it even after you delete the message and post it on the receiver's wall. Seriously, what purpose does, "EnFpFeR has deleted this message" serve aside from rubbing it all in?:doh:

Am I the only sensotarded sensor out there?

I have to will my Se to work and it does brilliantly when I do (will it). Otherwise, most of the time, it's a bit of a joke.

My absent-mindedness is frequently the butt of my friend's jokes.

I have major intuitard and sensotard moments. I have to ask a million questions because I can totally read between the lines, but just to be sure, I ask for explanations for everything. My intuition is only good after having been confirmed by someone's explanation of what I intuited in the first place. Does that even make sense?

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Today I was driving through a school zone and saw the "15 mph while light is flashing" sign. So I asked my dad, "Is school in session?" And he said, "It's Sunday." And the light wasn't flashing.

B

brainheart

that would help.

I've lived in the same town for fifteen years and I still forget street names. Although I can visualize the streets perfectly. Yeah, giving people directions is a challenge. I'll be like, "Uh, you know, there's that big brick building next to that house with the dog that's always barking? You know, the one with the big oak trees? Shaker shingle roof? Turn down there." :doh:

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I just remembered a bad one I did some time ago XD

I rarely ever wear my glasses, but when I do I normally don't notice them on... so... one conversation kinda looked like this one day at work >.>

"Hey, I didn't know yeu wear glasses"

"Oh, yeah sometimes, just not often. Waiiiiit how'd yeu know I have glasses?"

"Yeu're... wearing them?"

"...I knew that"

And then I killed him to hide the evidence.

>.>

*Kills yeu for reading this and hides yeur body in the middle of the floor because noone would think to look there.*

PS: The latter parts of this post may have been minor embellishments.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The popular location to find a remote control in my parents' house is.. the fridge. :D

Me and my father did this A LOT. ;)
(ENFJ and ENFP, respectively)