• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think in one of my worse S moments I went out and bought a car to piss people off. I wasn't aware of all of the work it entailed and I'm now getting this thing called a license. This was never supposed to happen.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Oh, gosh. I had a really awkward one today...

I was looking for the baby wipes to change a diaper, and I looked ALL over the entire house, except the spot I knew I'd left them on the couch, under my sleeping 2yo. Somehow, my brain tricked me into believing that fate wouldn't play such a cruel trick on me, so I never looked under her. There was just something so *wrong* about having to wake her, I kept looking all around the house and getting quite angry. It never dawned on me to move the kid.

Duh.

I swear, I'm a very intelligent person. Really.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
i went swimming to the pool the day before. so there i was, swimming, thinking my own thoughts and it was time to turn around. you know how it goes - inhale, turn your face in the water, turn around, push yourself away... and so i did - inhaled, turned my face in the water, turned around... and started to breathe in again. face still in the water.

good thing i realized it was not such a good idea.

and i still don't get why i needed to inhale the second time anyway...

D

Dali

I was running through an empty restaurant in the hotel where I work and, just as I was getting that nice rhythm going (the restaurant is long), I started admiring the sunlight and my focus completely shifted. Need I say what happened next?

I will anyway;I fell in a rather dramatic arms-and-legs-flying-every-which-way way. Luckily, suit didn't get dirty (I'd just had it drycleaned).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To me it happens that what I type and what I think are not the same thing .

I am pretty sure that others have noticed that I have words that should not be in the sentences by now.
Or my use of grammar is "unconvetional"

Once I am finished with the typing I read my post but sometimes I simply don't see a mistake. Sometimes I can look directly into the typo and not seeing it.

Because of this my English can look weaker then it is.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I almost threw my laundry into the garage bin because somehow I thought it was the washing machine.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
today i was cooking and, well, of course - thinking at the same time. i had an especially good insight just when i was adding salt.

... i had to throw the food away... there is no way to make anything less salty... not after a certain point, no...

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was struggling to read a newspaper yesterday, when my ESFJ daughter came in the room, switched on the light and said "Why are you reading in the dark?" and i was like, "ah, I thought it was more difficult than usual... I was contemplating cleaning my glasses, but..." :blush:

This. It happens to me like every other day. It used to drive my family MAD!
...I didn't see the problem. [shrugs]

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Can't count the number of times I've rummaged through my purse, looking for my keys, when I was already holding my key

Oooh, that's me too.

I've also put things like milk in a cabinet without realizing it. Or, looked all around the house for hairbands that are on my wrist, or pencils that are tucked behind my ear.

But I'd say slamming my head in the door on two seperate occasions counts as my ultimate in sensotardation.

ilovetrannies

MBTI Type
ISFP
Sensotard?! You rude, motherfuckers! I do absentminded shit all the time, it might be because I'm fucking busy!!!!

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
My sentiments exactly. They tempt me onto the rude mofo side of the force often. Thus far I have resisted, for the more part.

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
I once went to work wearing my pyamaslippers. It's a 45-minute dive up there so I bluffed myself through the day (thank god they were grey and not pink!).
In once told my boss in a meeting he could slap my butt if was to turn out wrong on a certain subject (the onther members of the meeting liked that idea...)
I also have watered my garbagebin instead of my plant...

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
i went swimming to the pool the day before. so there i was, swimming, thinking my own thoughts and it was time to turn around. you know how it goes - inhale, turn your face in the water, turn around, push yourself away... and so i did - inhaled, turned my face in the water, turned around... and started to breathe in again. face still in the water.

good thing i realized it was not such a good idea.

and i still don't get why i needed to inhale the second time anyway...

ohh reading this I suddenly remember being seven years old and doing an exam to get my swimmingdiploma. Tribunes are full with a crowd op moms, dads and grandparants. After doing the bit where you have to swim with clothes on, all kids strip off their clothes in the shower-area and return to the pool. I did too, but forgot to strip off mij lovebug-printed underpants. It was a good laugh for the crowd!:blush:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
hahaha, oh man. I'm so tempted to make fun of all you foo's, except for the fact that I had an N phase in my life in which I had many of the same foibles. Some of the ones you guys posted are pretty bad, though, which makes me feel kinda good. I thought I was horrible... haha. :laugh:

Can't really even remember any of those moments, either. If I do though, I'll be sure to post them. :newwink:

:laugh: 98 percent of the time that I'm reading this forum, it's an "intuitard moment."
Yes. Well, either I read it and understand, or my mind just can't read it. I zone most of it out, honestly. These forums are mostly a big TL;DR. I just stick around for the lulz and the SP forum.

It's an ironic twist that all the profound thinkers and feelers of this world end up looking so comical to the rest of us. ;) :yim_rolling_on_the_

I guess it serves to even the score up a bit... :D

Oh, I heard a good one about Sir Isaac Newton. Evidently he had a full plate of chicken lying in front of him when suddenly he had to take a restroom break. While he was gone, his friends, knowing how much of an absent-minded professor he was, decided to put clean chicken bones down on his plate instead. When he came back, he just figured he must've already eaten. :doh:

I used to tell that one back in the day when I had troubles of my own. Hopefully that might help quiet down the peanut gallery a bit for you guys.

I also heard Einstein would have to call his wife sometimes to figure out where he was, even when he was at big huge events.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
More from wikipedia:

André-Marie Ampère used a cloth chalkboard eraser as a handkerchief. In the streets of Paris, he mistook the side of a horse-drawn delivery van for a blackboard, began some calculation on it, and walked and then ran along beside it to continue his work when it drove off. Between the afternoon and the evening of one day he forgot a dinner invitation personally delivered by the Emperor Napoleon.

Geneticist Sewall Wright, known for his copious use of chalkboards, is said to have once accidentally used a guinea pig as an eraser.

hahaha!!!

Glass Forest

MBTI Type
INTJ
Way too often i've been in the shower and i think... have i washed my hair already? And i have no idea. Then i start to do it and see some foam on the floor from before...
Once i had a shower and completely forgot to wash my hair. Walked out and my mum said "didnt you have a shower? why isnt your hair very wet?" *facepalm* Damn showers... my time for pondering, like everywhere else :p

And the looking for something whilst its in your hand... so embarrassing.

I guess that's what makes intjs appear awkward so often?