• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Brushed my teeth with my son's toothbrush the other day. And with children's toothpaste, adww...
Yesterday I got in the car and was about to drive to some official gathering when feeling 'wrong' when my feet touched the gas. Was still wearing my soft and worn out home slippers.

Has been worse, though.
When I was a child it took years before my parents would let me walk to school on my own. My classmate more than once saved me from being run over because I would just vaguely notice that some green lights were on somewhere and start crossing the street, when it would indeed be green light, but for the opposite direction! I'm lucky to have made it to adulthood I guess...

I do have a sense of direction and read maps just fine, but I can easily get lost on a totally familiar route when I have to take it alone for the first time. When in company with people who'll lead the way I simply don't notice where I am.
Oh, and it took me forever to learn to drive. I would rather chat with the instructor or think about something I was working on than concentrate on the traffic, the signs, the direction or the movements of my hands and feet. But I finally got it automatized and I absolutely love to drive now and am good at it! Could have gone wrong several times before getting to this point, though.

I usually get a cold in spring from not noticing I wear to little. And always get red and burnt by the sun in the summer for forgetting both time and sunscreen, don't know if that counts?

Kalyrn

MBTI Type
INTP
The other day I while at work I walked in to the fridge. The coffee machine is next to the fridge and is almost even with the counter so it's not that easy to run into but some how I managed. Spilled my tea all over the floor too.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Last night I got home from work and spent a couple of hours browsing the net (mostly this site). It was an unusually cold night here in Auckland, and our PC is right next to a set of drafty French doors. I vaguely remember thinking to myself that it was a bit chilly, but ignored it.

Then the phone rang, and as I went to answer it I realised I was chilled to the bone! My feet were numb with cold and I began to shiver uncontrollably. I had to turn all the heating to max and walk around for 30 minutes or so before I finally started to feel warm again. It's a bit scary how I got so very cold and barely even noticed.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Today, I opened the fridge to get breakfast and found my cellphone chillin' on the shelf. :[
It was weird. I don't remember putting it there, although I do remember walking around the house while texting the night before.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sometimes I walk into another room on a definite mission but, when I get there, I forget what I was looking for.

I hate that.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes I walk into another room on a definite mission but, when I get there, I forget what I was looking for.

I hate that.

That happens to me all the time.

I don't know if it's an INJ thing or not, but I like to arrange my various movements around the house or at work for maximum efficiency and to minimise the number of moves I have to make. So I'll pick up 2 objects, go to one room and deposit one there while picking up another, then move to the next room where I have to put down object 2 and do some other task, etc.

My system works well unless I have a sensotard moment. It then causes maximum chaos as everything ends up in the wrong place, I forget what I'm supposed to be doing and end up utterly confused. It then takes me far longer to untangle the mess than it would have if I'd done each task one at a time!

VinceBaker

MBTI Type
INTJ
I forget why I'm where I'm at all the time. I once drove all the way across the city (in rush hour traffic, mind you) and when I finally got there, I forgot what I went there for. I just wandered the shelves of books at the Barns & Noble until I remembered.

I also have an affinity for colliding with cars, parked and otherwise. I don't have that problem while driving, but bikes and walking tend to lead me into solid objects quite often. Apparently walls just don't like me.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
For some reason I suck at transitioning from one task to the other.

One second I'll be thinking, "Right. And after I finish task C, I'm going to start on task D." No sooner do I say that, I finish task C, I turn around and think, "........ what was I going to do next??!?"

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2

One second I'll be thinking, "Right. And after I finish task C, I'm going to start on task D." No sooner do I say that, I finish task C, I turn around and think, "........ what was I going to do next??!?"

I don't necessarily know how rooted in sensing that is but I can relate. I'll be at work and for, seemingly no reason at all, go and walk over to a part of the store and come out of my stuper and wonder why I'm there. Then I use my sensing or my Jness to figure out the the things I wanted to get done. If it's not that important I don't bother to remember it and just walk back to where I was.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I was playing the mandolin, then stopped to text someone. Started looking for it again, tore up the living room, still couldn't find it. So I gave up, went to the bathroom, and as I passed my reflection, realized I'd been holding the pick in my mouth the whole time.

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ones that happened within the last week to me:

1. Thinking that I should start dinner I filled a vegetable steamer with water and broccoli and completely forgot about it. I didn't even notice until my brother came home hours later and asked what was burning.

2. Picked up a pair of shorts from my floor to wear. I went through the entire day without noticing there was a giant black splotch on the back of them. Turns out they had been sitting on top of an open permanent marker. (Who leaves open permanent markers on their floor??)

3. Managed to trip down a flight of stairs after "missing" the first step with my foot.

My parents still call me their absent-minded scientist. My friends just call me clumsy. >.<

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I dont have time to sift through all these posts but I will say one thing.

I often go into the bathroom just to check if my zipper is up. It always is, but the thing is I cant remember zipping it. I cant remember ever zipping up my pants, I can remember putting my pants on and consciencely thinking "im putting my pants on" I have several memories of this. However I dont have a single memory in my life of ever zipping up my pants. Its not realy a senstarded thing but it just bugs me. I may die without knowing what it is like to zip up a pair of jeans. :huh: (Also while this frequently bugs me when I have my pants on, when I put them on I or before I put them on I never think about it. Its a curse)

Also I am horrible at remembering what I was doing. I have also gone to the refridgerator, taken off my shirt, and started to put it in the refridgerator.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Unfortunately, I get this so much that I cannot even begin to start saying, otherwise I will take hours wondering what to share.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

That along with spinning around in a circle searching for clues to jolt my memory while mumbling under my breath is what I do. I've been told it's funny to watch. But then again, so is my habit of talking to myself in an otherwise incohesive manner. :mellow:

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Also I am horrible at remembering what I was doing. I have also gone to the refridgerator, taken off my shirt, and started to put it in the refridgerator.

One day, I opened the fridge to find my cell phone in the carton with the strawberries. :shock:

In my defense though, I was texting really late the night before and must have put it there while searching for snacks. Still. Weird!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I was buying some new pairs of athletic shorts, because wearing the same ones all the time is apparently some sort of personal hygiene issue, and I walked out of the dressing room without my shorts on. I had them in my hand, along with the shorts I was about to buy. I got about 10 feet before I realized and did a quick 180 back into the fitting room to fix the problem.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I usually have sensotard moments when people introduce themselves to me, and I'm not making a mental not of their name. Luckily I know a lot of people have the same problem, which makes it easier.

Further I was with friends once and we couldn't find the remote to the tv. The room was fairly clean, apart from some empty beer bottles and pizza plates from that evening, but we couldn't find the remote. After looking for it for about 15 minutes we gave up and instantly I noticed it was right there on the table in front of the couch. (We weren't exactly sober though.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I today was supposed to experimentally set up a laptop for a presentation to be held tomorrow. The older woman from my company, whose name I dont know asked me to put the presentation ppt file from our local network on the laptop, so I tried to connect the thing to the LAN. But it only got an old modem slot and no apparent LAN slot.

So I got out the other laptop a small atomPC, connected the LAN but figured it has got no rights to connect to the network and I am no administrator. So after 20 minutes of excuses to the older lady and trial and error, she gave up and got another younger woman, whose name I dont know either and asked her. The younger woman already set up the whole thing once, as the older one remembered.

Well the younger one connected the 1st laptop to the LAN network via the LAN slot and explained me how to do it. And then I saw it, the first laptop got a LAN slot next to the modem slot :doh: :hi: .

The best thing was the explanation she gave me on how to connect Computers to a netwrok :party: