• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Fresh off the presses:

Drove several miles with the driver side door open. The car tried to tell me this in at least three different ways (red icon on dashboard, map lights on, actual door dangerously flapping back and forth. I can drive, I promise. Thankfully, I wasn't going very far.

In my defense, the work problem I was mulling over was important and I did solve it by the time I got home :)

Don't know if this qualifies -- I also tried wishing all the women I know happy international women's day today. It's in March, yeah.

sculpting

Fresh off the presses:

Drove several miles with the driver side door open. The car tried to tell me this in at least three different ways (red icon on dashboard, map lights on, actual door dangerously flapping back and forth. I can drive, I promise. Thankfully, I wasn't going very far.

That's hysterical!! I have driven around a lot with the trunk open, no gas cap, no oil cap on the enigne, left crap on top of the car, cant find the keys in the ignition and so on.

Does clumsy count here?

Yesterday I dumped an entire cup of coffee across my keyboard at work. new laptop in route as we speak.

Two days before that, I was getting ready to give a talk to about 150 folks at a conference. As I was getting ready in the back of the room, I didnt just drop, but drop-kicked my coffee cup like four feet in the air. It sort of slipped out of my hand, hit my foot, the cup flew up and coffee just slewed in a six foot arch across the room. I only hit three people.

I clamly surveyed the situation, stopped, and then left the room to pretend to find towels to clean up after that other clumsy person....retreat, retreat...

Lithograph

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth while holding a glass of water in my left hand. Get a dab of toothpaste on my chin. The instinct to wipe it off immediately leads to left hand changing from useful glass-holding shape to toothpaste-wiping shape. New shape is somewhat less useful in helping cylindrical objects avoid the effects of gravity, and the glass falls to the floor, shattering.

"Oh, what's that? Something interesting on the news in the other room?"

A few minutes later I return to the bathroom, dwelling on the new topic, and promptly step in the pile of shards. Several months after that it occurs to me that maybe the constant throbbing pain in my heel is connected to the above incident.

And yes... the glass stayed on the floor, as a new obstacle to step around, for nearly a month.

marmandahalf

I ended up with two pencils behind each ear, two in each pockets, and one in my hand as I was trying to pack the other day. I kept "losing" them...

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
lol sounds like me. It is getting late, so I was watching youtube killing time
before I am absolutely drowsy, I don't go to bed before then because I hate
lying awake, I saw a video that kind of scared me, not scary scary, but the
so stupid its scary kind of scary, and I saw my ear bud cord rocking from my
arm vibrating it as I typed since it was draped over my arm without thinking
about it and I saw it move and jumped a mile high. Then I laughed because
I felt as clueless as the video I just got done making fun of. (It was someth-
ing I didn't expect to see someone I find annoying/creepy in.) My room is
scattered with books from the classic days that are over 500 pages long and
I'm still easily amused enough to see some irony in that...I make fun of a video for making me think a ditzy thought about it being stupid then I do so-
mething stupid that makes me think 'how ditzy of me' two seconds later.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth while holding a glass of water in my left hand. Get a dab of toothpaste on my chin. The instinct to wipe it off immediately leads to left hand changing from useful glass-holding shape to toothpaste-wiping shape. New shape is somewhat less useful in helping cylindrical objects avoid the effects of gravity, and the glass falls to the floor, shattering.

"Oh, what's that? Something interesting on the news in the other room?"

A few minutes later I return to the bathroom, dwelling on the new topic, and promptly step in the pile of shards. Several months after that it occurs to me that maybe the constant throbbing pain in my heel is connected to the above incident.

And yes... the glass stayed on the floor, as a new obstacle to step around, for nearly a month.

a068.gif

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
I've been needling the building manager for three weeks about the lack of hot water in the bathrooms (e.g."Wash your hands with warm water signs everywhere - but do we even have warm water? No.")

This morning I went to wash my hands and nearly scalded them. But it wasn't until I read an email from the building manager with a warning and how he was communicating with facilities about a more reasonable definition of "hot" that I realized that the water was no longer cold - in fact, it was boiling.

Went back half an hour later and scalded myself again.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meh, it seems like it would just be unsanitary to not scald your hands. :tongue:

Man, that would be a sucky situation! I'm OCD about washing my hands after doing anything in a bathroom or kitchen, if I had to scald myself... Erg.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I was recently counting my till's money at the end of a shift at work, and no matter how much I went over everything, I kept ending up 20$ short, which is not the kind of thing that's commended. It wasn't until I dropped my keys on the ground that I realized I'd accidentally thrown two tens in the recycling bin with the rest of the unused paper bits. Hands down stupidest thing I've done in a long time. XD

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am the epitome of the absent minded teacher. My students have taken to asking me to check their homework because I forget, every day. I also loose my markers, pencils, tape, crayons; only to find them in odd spots. I've missplaced my attendence folder at least two dozen times, usually finding it in some random room I walked into days before. You have no idea how often I am seen sprinting down the hall to the teacher's room during class, because I forgot something, or forgot to make copies of something. I often haven't noticed my students' hair cuts for a week or more and they give me that "you're slow, aren't you?" look when I finally do. I have marked on my own clothes, or on my students because I forgot I was holding a pen in my hand. I never remember to change the calendar until someone comes in and tells me that "no, it's wednesday, your calendar is on the wrong month." :shock:

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
I feel it's best to kick a student's ass during the first week of class. Kick someone out for texting, or embarass that smirking wiseass in the peanut gallery.

Then they won't give you any shit. Do it enough, and that calendar isn't on the wrong month anymore. It's the students who are collectively mistaken.

I suppose I have similar problems. I wouldn't even notice that they changed their haircuts a week after the fact. I don't even bother to remember their names most of the time.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I have absent minded moments all of the time. I had a friend help me look for my cellphone for over an hour. We searched the whole house and never took to notice how I was complaining to my mom about it via my cellphone.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Eh. I once put my Apricot Facial Scrub on my toothbrush instead of the toothpaste. Luckily, I noticed before I put the toothbrush in my mouth.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Every once in a great while I'll get out a bowel, fill it with milk, bring it to my lips, and think to myself, "Wait... something is wrong."

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I might have mentioned my epic dodge... -_-

My ENFJ friend was about to hit me in the shoulder really hard, so I did a low and very fast sideways dodge which sent my head crashing into the side of my armchair. I almost knocked myself out and I collapsed on the floor laughing at myself, ENFJ (BigSwede on here) as well >.<

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Every once in a great while I'll get out a bowel, fill it with milk, bring it to my lips, and think to myself, "Wait... something is wrong."

lmao - I just had a very startling image, until I realized what you probably meant.