• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Partner and I have gone to the mall a few times recently. A few times I've started talking to strangers in shops, thinking it's him, even though the strangers look nothing like him (different clothes, age and gender). :blush:

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I love you intuitives! I wish I knew more in person I only know one INFP :( I wish I had xray vision or something so I could see what goes on inside your brains half the time :)

Even an S can have their moments! For example while I was working out in Oklahoma at a site I somehow misplaced my jump drive...the last day I was there I couldn't find it anywhere and even told my lead that he stole it lol. So about 4 days later I did laundry and i'm picking up my clothes out of the washer and I see this little black square lookin thing...I put my jump drive through the washer! :doh: But good news it still works! :)

V

violaine

Partner and I have gone to the mall a few times recently. A few times I've started talking to strangers in shops, thinking it's him, even though the strangers look nothing like him (different clothes, age and gender). :blush:

ROFL - different genders even? Awesome. I have mistakenly started talking to some random thinking it was the boyfriend, but always the right gender, LOL!

ENTJ-girl

I lose my keys and cellphone few times per day. I even lose money for god's sake.

But I'm wondering about the hunger/eating thing. I always become hunger/full way too fast. There are days when I eat 5-6 meals. I eat few bites, become full really fast. When I'm hungry, it's hard to control. Is that due to my weak S?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:devil: Grabbing a heating torch on the hot metal parts as soon as people get done using it, while knowing and watching them use it prior to doing said task.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All this time seeing this thread; I didn't realize the term "Sensotard" was to describe N types blunders in the physical world; explaining what I go through in some form everyday. I for some reason had thought it was N's calling S's retards or something; even as I had glossed over a few posts.

And for IN-P's, Se is "Trickster" (deceiving/comedic), so we must have it the worst.

I have many of the same experiences, like looking for something that I'm already holding. Just yesterday, jumped into a cab, aiming to take out money to pay on the other end, but then realize half way that I had lost my card recently (from using one of those old fashioned ATM's at WaMu, that suck the whole card in and give it back to you at the end; instead of just swiping it). So had had to bring me back to where I got on, and then I was much later than if I hadn't tried to take a cab.
This kind of stuff gets incredibly fustrating at time.

shadow1986

MBTI Type
INTP
When i was about 14-15 years old, I was cooking some pasta with my sister. After having boiled the pasta in a pot to soften it, I then had to use a strainer to strain it.

So I grabbed the strainer, and poured the boiling water with the pasta in it through the strainer.

Then suddenly my ISTJ sister screamed "OMG! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?".

I was very confused, and it took me a few sconds to realise that I hadn't gone to the sink. I was pouring the boiling hot water all over the gas stove and it was going everywhere.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My worst sensotard moment of 2008: Got up to pee in the middle of the night. Miraculously remembered to turn on the bathroom light, but didn't look where I was sitting and missed the toilet seat completely. I fell, hitting my head and shoulder on the bathtub. Hitting my head is never a problem--it's hard as a rock--but the force of the blow to my shoulder shattered it and I spent the next week in the hospital having to explain to drs, nurses and Social Services that no, I wasn't being abused by anyone; I was just a natural klutz.:D Then there were all the questions about whether I could "safely" live at home. Of course I'm not "safe"; I'm an N--with my thoughts always other than on the task at hand--and clumsy to boot, but I couldn't say that without risking getting incarcerated in a nursing home (fate worse than death in my mind).

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've taken to delighting in my sensotard moments... like a child who's recently discovered magic markers or peeing while standing up or something.

Lost my cell phone? Laugh, clap, turn house upside down, find it, call a friend, laugh together. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You won't laugh when you start forgetting to put on oven mitts, believe me *sigh*

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yeah... but that's a bit extreme, right? How about ALMOST running into doors? :D Fun for the whole family!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah... but that's a bit extreme, right? How about ALMOST running into doors? :D Fun for the whole family!

Not really...I've had it happen recently *sigh*
Almost running doors in is also a common problem, I must admit.

I remember that the day I was supposed to host a dinnerparty, I got into a string of sensotard moments. Actually, it started the day before already. I was making a cake for dessert, and had used some ready cake mix, but accidentily put in too much milk, and forgotten to follow the instructions for that matter. So naturally, the cake kinda failed.

The next day was a Sunday which means only a few shops are open. I check 'em out, no cake mix. I buy some eggs and put them in my purse, so i can make a cake from scratch. Get home, grab my keys from my purse, forget about the eggs and splatter them all over the pavement. Get new eggs, go inside, turn on the oven to warm and start the batter. Halfway through I realize I stored all kinds of things in the oven (I have a small kitchen). I curse, put on oven mitts, get the stuff out and take of the mitts. I sigh, grab the plate that was just in the oven to move it, and burn my hands. Finish the batter, put the cakes in, only to find that after only half their baking time (when I went to check) they were completely burned. So yeah..that was not my day.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hahaha!! I've had it before where I made a box cake, put in all the ingredients.. then proceed to get frustrated because it doesn't resemble cake mix! It looks like a little bit of mush and gross.

So I beat it harder and on a higher setting. It still looks like nothing.

Ask my sister, "What is WRONG with this cake I'm making?!" ...To which she cooly replies, "You forgot to put the cake in." ... So I followed the instructions on the back of the box, and never thought to open the box and put the actual cake mix in.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Grin..yeah, that sounds like something I would do as well *sigh*

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I have too many of these to remember in one sitting. I have a habit of leaving the TV remote in strange places, the freezer, grocery store. I often wear my cloths inside out. Sometimes when I'm eating or drinking while holding something else in my other hand, I'll try to eat or drink whatever else I am holding.

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe its because I was raised by my very ESFP mother, but I tend to hear about my ENTP friends doing this kind of shit, but I only experence very little of it my self, Sometimes i cant find the ketchup for like...15 min only to realize im holding the damn thing. But other than that I dont see my self doing a lot of the very silly things i read here.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about, somebody comes over, and you're sitting there talking, and the person gets this funny look on their face ... because you left something entirely where it doesn't belong, like, your bra is on the china cabinet ... it didn't look strange until somebody else was looking at it ...