• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm messy, and lose things, often; TOO often

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
In the past year I have purchased 48 pairs of safety glasses! I won't work without them so I just make up for it with quantity! I have no clue where they go but often times I will buy something, forget where I put it away and go buy another so I have it to use only to find the first one I bought a month later.

Things were really bad when I was married. My ex-wife was a compulsive cleaner and I would walk in from the garage, put a hammer down on the table, go to the bathroom and she would have put it away in that time. I'd spend 10 minutes wondering where I put it before I'd ask her.

The sad thing is when you start looking for things like your shoe in the fridge or that dvd you wanted to watch in your cloths dryer!!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Two days ago my ENTP partner burnt the rice he was cooking while allegedly watching it, then tried to empty the contents into a plastic bin-liner, which melted and coated the outside of the pan with plastic residues. I tried to clean the saucepan (an expensive, stainless steel pot) by alternately soaking it in detergent and scrubbing it over the course of several days - a proven technique from previous charcoal incidents.

Yesterday he decided to invent a new technique for cleaning the pan (without my knowledge) - fill it with concentrated sodium hydroxide and boil to death on the stove. Needless to say, he allowed it to boil dry, filling half the house with a cloud of toxic fumes! At this point the noxious smell penetrated my own sensotardness and I suddenly realised what he had done. :wtf:

After the choking fog had cleared, I examined the saucepan, and found that his technique had actually removed most of the charcoal (though not the plastic residues).

Life is never dull in our house! :shock:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've cooked popcorn and forgotten to take the plastic wrap off.

Friend: "Anyone smell burning plastic?"

Me: "Shit. How about chips and dip instead?"

MBTI Type
INxJ
Yesterday he decided to invent a new technique for cleaning the pan (without my knowledge) - fill it with concentrated sodium hydroxide and boil to death on the stove. Needless to say, he allowed it to boil dry, filling half the house with a cloud of toxic fumes! At this point the noxious smell penetrated my own sensotardness and I suddenly realised what he had done. :wtf:

After the choking fog had cleared, I examined the saucepan, and found that his technique had actually removed most of the charcoal (though not the plastic residues).

Life is never dull in our house! :shock:

lol Seriously

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I reached new heights(or depths) a couple of nights ago.

I was brushing my teeth, and generally there's a whole routine. I brush my teeth, rinse my mouth, use mouth wash, rinse again, wash my face, and use the toilet. I try to do that as fast as possible, because I don't like wasting time in the bathroom. So I often overlap these things (like washing my face while swishing mouth wash). Sometimes I'm so determined to leave as fast as possible that I forget things. Well, in this particular case, I finished urinating, turned off the barthoom light, and dashed into my room, and only as I began to sit down did I suddenly realize that there was water in my mouth! I didn't remember to spit the rinsing water out, and I somehow didn't notice that my mouth was filled with water up until that point. :laugh:

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ

I was brushing my teeth, and generally there's a whole routine. I brush my teeth, rinse my mouth, use mouth wash, rinse again, wash my face, and use the toilet. I try to do that as fast as possible, because I don't like wasting time in the bathroom. So I often overlap these things (like washing my face while swishing mouth wash). Sometimes I'm so determined to leave as fast as possible that I forget things. Well, in this particular case, I finished urinating, turned off the barthoom light, and dashed into my room, and only as I began to sit down did I suddenly realize that there was water in my mouth! I didn't remember to spit the rinsing water out, and I somehow didn't notice that my mouth was filled with water up until that point. :laugh:

I was anticipating the punchline and believe me it was far worse than going to bed with water in your mouth. :D

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
It was a day off work and I spent it with my girlfriend who had a cold. We went for a drive and as we got in the car, I told her that her hair looked nice. A few hours later, she said her headache had finally subsided and that it was due to her wearing a large medicated sticky plaster on her forhead. My reaction was, oh, I hadn't noticed you were wearing it!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

if I did that I'm sure i'd end up with soap in my mouth and toothpaste on my face. But never forgot water was in my mouth. I did the other day accidently spit water on the bathroom floor. I was brushing my teeth and then i noticed something about the floor so I bent to look at it, I think because I was in the same position when I spit my mind just went on autopilot and i spit the contents of my mouth on to the floor. And I quickly realized what I had done and went to clean that up. Autopilot is not always good.

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
In the past year I have purchased 48 pairs of safety glasses! I won't work without them so I just make up for it with quantity! I have no clue where they go but often times I will buy something, forget where I put it away and go buy another so I have it to use only to find the first one I bought a month later.

I have the same problems with memory sticks, books and pens at work and -God knows how - but I also lose coats and jumpers with annoying regularity and I've given up on gloves! I can also relate to putting things in 'safe places' and never being able to find them or finding them after you need them

I wouldnt like to count the cost of this but it drives me insane :doh:

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
"You stole my eraser, right? DON'T DENY IT! I KNOW YOU DID! YOU'RE NOT FUNNY YOU KNOW, GIVE IT BACK!!"
Then I throw to my victim whatever I had in my hand. Which, obviously, was my eraser.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Occasionally I'll snack while sitting in front of the All-Seeing-Eye, Teh Intertube Sauron, my computer. Occasionally I like to snack upon a brand of small, chocolate-coated wafer balls. They're not much but they do what it says on the bag. Since I don't like to eat an entire bag in a sitting, I'll portion out an amount in a convenient and disposable plastic cup. From this cup I'll pour out into my hand a few or five tasty treats, and thence transport said treats to my gaping maw for mastication and eventual presentation to the stomach. The plastic cup is not unlike, indeed is of exactly the same kind I will often serve myself a sharp and sugary brown beverage. Chilled, not stirred.

Thus, I did just now pour myself a handful of Coca Cola.

So much for that keyboard.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I lose my phone on a daily basis. Looked for it everywhere yesterday when going to bed, stripped the couch completely, for instance, as I knew I was going to need it this morning. Couldn't find it anywhere, finally gave up and went to bed. Got online this morning to ask a friend on msn to please call me so I could finally get a hold of it. And wouldn't you know it, the second he does, the couch starts vibrating at me *SIGH*

I absolutely, truly hate that thing sometimes --- no, scratch that, all the time

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
I'll open something, doesn't matter what it is, and then throw the contents of the package away rather than the actul package. :doh:

frenchkiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Got out of my date's car to quickly return something to my apartment. Came back out. Got into the passenger seat. Turned to talk to my date. There was a man there. But, wrong man. Wrong Car.

I've done this too! I turned and looked at the guy and said sheepishly, "Oh. I got in the wrong car." He looked at me and said, "Yes. Yes, you did."

For the past roughly five years I've been taking the same bus route to and from work. Last week, there was a new driver. I was the first person on the bus, and she asked me if I take this route often, and I said yes. So she let me get on without payment if I would sit in the front and help direct her where to go. I didn't want to let her down, so I said I would do it. But then she would ask me about specific turns, and I was just like, "Uhhh....." :confused:

She ended up asking someone else to do it.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Things were really bad when I was married. My ex-wife was a compulsive cleaner and I would walk in from the garage, put a hammer down on the table, go to the bathroom and she would have put it away in that time. I'd spend 10 minutes wondering where I put it before I'd ask her.

The sad thing is when you start looking for things like your shoe in the fridge or that dvd you wanted to watch in your cloths dryer!!

I've done this with TI-83 Plus calculators. Three of them. I ended up finding the originals after buying the new ones.

Erudur

MBTI Type
INTJ
My first post after lurking for a while -- I entered the wrong email address when signing up. Of course the password never got to me.

This was really bad. I had parked in a downtown parking garage and after some circling to come out of the building, I went the wrong way on a one way. I was deep in thought. It was great, I was zipping along and there were no red lights to stop at, er, no green lights either.

I ended up hitting a cop car going through an intersection.

He charged me with DWI. I had had one beer two hours earlier with some pizza in between. He charged me even though my BA barely registered on the breathalizer. They finally dropped the charges.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In middle school. Glasses on face. Ask everyone WHeRe r dey?? Look for 15 minutes. Find them on my face.