• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
EDIT: Am I the only sensor this shit happens to?

The person I know who has the best sensotard moments is an ISTJ. I sometimes wonder how they managed to reach adulthood. The sort of person who sits all the way through a movie, has me say "I didn't realise it was going to be in black and white" only to respond "Oh! Was it in black and white?" :doh:

I almost have them quite frequently, but I manage to catch myself before I finish them. Although I have a lot of bruises from standing up when I'm preoccupied and walking into furniture.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'll be reading a book and then a thought grabs me, I'll bring it to completion then find myself on the other page, wondering how I got there.
Ha, I do that all the time.
This could be why I don't read much. Sometimes I'll go through five pages without thinking about a single word, and it's actually quite frustrating. After I've done it a few times in a row, I usually give up. F'n books.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually I know an INTP who got half way to work once before realizing he had no pants on... seriously... damn good thing he left for work so early in the morning nobody else was around to notice!!

I once spent all day wondering why my head hurt so much before passing a neighbour on the communal staircase, who asked me if I'd heard that car alarm going off all day outside the window...

Luckily, my aide who comes in 5 days a week is an ISFJ or I'd get in a lot more trouble than I do, but one night I got up to write, dressed as usual, in underpants and a tee shirt when someon knocked on the door and I automatically answered it without realizing the state of my undress. The guy--a detective from the local precinct--blushed, I realized how I was--or wasn't dressed--and we both bowed out gracefully.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've had several times where I've gotten into the car and driven down the road in pitch black conditions with nothing but my parking lights on. After a few minutes I'd say, "I wonder why the road is darker than it usually is..." And then realize that I forgot to turn my headlights on. I've also forgotten to use deodorant several times, but let's not go into that...

I often leave my sunglasses on when entering a building from a bright day outside, and no matter how often I do this, I think there's something wrong with my eyesight, like I'm going blind or something

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
- I forget the day, the month, and sadly, yes, even the year sometimes. I rarely, if ever know the date. (LOL, does this even qualify as a sensotardation?)

- Birthdays, holidays, "special days", they tend to slip my mind.

- I am frequently seen displaying unknown pen marks on my clothes, arms, neck and face.

- I AM GOD-AWFUL AT LABORATORY EXPERIMENTS!!!

- Other than strictly kinesthetic pursuits, I can never learn anything by doing "hands-on" application.

- My penmanship fails!

- I never seem to have time to get "properly" dressed which then leads me to don the clothes that happen to be the most conveniently available and subsequently rush out the door without having looked in the mirror. My haphazard outfits are often met with LOLs.

-HAHAHAHAHHAHAA, I just remembered that I've needed to take a piss for what has been probably more than a couple of hours. That happens a lot.

ROFLMAO!! This is where my ISFJ aide comes in. On my way out the door, she'll say, "You're not going out of this house looking like that" and quickly gets something more appropriate for me to wear.

The other thing I do is forget to plug my chair into its charger at night and then can't figure out why I run out of "juice." This inevitably happened when my son was ill with psychosis and by the time he was finally admitted to the hospital, all the buses had stopped running for the night, meaning I had to roll the two miles home. All of which meant my long-suffering partner would have to run home and get a charger so I could plug in long enough to charge for the roll home. One early morning at 3 I ran out of charge going in the front door and got stuck on the door sill. We had to plug me into the nearest outlet for 15 minutes or so till I could get in the door.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm another sensotard who is forever bumping into inconveniently placed doorframes, chairs, tables etc. I often discover bruises on my body with no idea how they got there.

Yesterday I sliced my thumb open somehow while taking a taxi ride. I noticed there was blood all over my hands, but it took me some time to track it down to the cut on my thumb. Still don't know how I did it!

I don't know how many toenails I've had removed after a run-in with furniture or a wall. My older son learned to spackle at a very early age.

Gettimg out of an elevator with my ESTJ partner is always an adventure. We just tend to bump into each other's chairs until, purely by chance, one of us emerges. Drives my ESTJ son, a pilot and v methodical and meticulous crazy. He always says we have to develop a procedure. Yet my INTJ and I have no problem getting out of an elevator together (all that early training as a Marine?)

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
I took a computer certification exam the other day at a local college and you have to store your stuff in a locker and put a lock on it (to prevent cheating). Well, apparently after I finished taking the test I managed to take the lock off the locker, but didn't take my stuff out. Later I got a call by a very confused woman telling me I need to come and get my wallet.

I have countless other recurring things like boiling water for tea and completely forgetting about it, searching for something i'm already holding and i'm notorious among my friends for pointing out something external minutes after someone else already did.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I once wore two different shoes to school.

For a while, I wondered where I had gotten my limp, and then I was like, "SHIT!... these shoes are different, aren't they?"

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so today i went to walgreens to buy stuff as one does when one enters walgreens. so I was at the check out and i was going to use cash but i was like i need cash for something else. and i got at my credit card swiped, and the cashier had her hand out so I handed her my card. she looked at me like are you ok? I don't know what I was doing. I was like sorry got confused got my stuff and left.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I once spent the day at college with my zipper/flies undone. The worst part was that no one pointed this out to me.

I missed half a day of college because I thought it was sunday. Turns out it was tuesday... don't ask.

When I was working during class, I was so focused on answering the questions I hadn't realised that the lesson had ended until I looked up and stared at an almost-empty classroom.

Physical Education made me discover that I can't dance.

Sunshine8

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Talking to myself as I walk around in public

Sometimes I have too many ideas and they are just falling out of my brain space and I am walking down the street having a complete conversation with myself and I don't even realise until strangers start looking at me...I swear there is a nutty professor stuck in this EJ...

I have to leave clues to myself all over the house, like write in my diary 'night free - RELAX' to make sure I don't overdo it.

I also have to leave reminder notes on my bag when I think of things at night because by the next morning if I am distracted and thinking about something deeply...no recollection...

:cheese:

G

Glycerine

So when I was about ten, I was playing with my hamster, got distracted talking to someone, lost him, and after a few minutes of looking for him, it turned out I sat on him.

Kollin

MBTI Type
INXP
So when I was about ten, I was playing with my hamster, got distracted talking to someone, lost him, and after a few minutes of looking for him, it turned out I sat on him.

was it ok?:shock:

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
:D I even forgot my age some time ago - My forgetfulness is really scary sometimes. :doh:

I tell people the wrong age all the time, unless I stop and do the math I have no idea how old I am. Don't ask me to remember anniversaries, birthdays, or holidays. :BangHead:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:D I even forgot my age some time ago - My forgetfulness is really scary sometimes. :doh:

I always do that, thank Christ I was born in a round year so all I really have to remember is what year it currently is otherwise I wouldn’t stand a chance of ever getting it right.