• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Sometimes I fall over from standing still because my thoughts were too fast.

I swear I'm plenty smart.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Some moments of Sensotard ness... done by sensors.

Whilst reversing out of a parking space..
"Watch the pillar, I did park close to it... no stop... no STOP, you're going the wrong way"
"Stop shouting at me I know what I'm doing"
**crrrunch***
"It's your fault. It's stupid parking that close to a pillar"

Whilst trying out new rollerblades..
"These things are stupid. The clips on the boots keep catching."
"Huh?"
"When I'm going along I keep getting my feet tangled as the clips rub together."
"Let me have a look... you've got them on the wrong feet doofus."

Even when living in the moment it is entirely possible to miss the pit beneath your feet.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
How many Sensotard threads do we need, anyway? I think there are 3 now.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rolli:
do you really expect a sensotard to notice these things?
:)

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
:rolli:
do you really expect a sensotard to notice these things?
:)

Lol!

I recently posted a response to a lengthy thread in the NF forum in response to a provocative and rather ignorant opening post, and after reading through all the posts thoroughly. Only when I went back to check on it did I notice that the thread had been started back in 2007, last posted in more than a year ago, and had been resurrected earlier that day. Moreover, further investigation found that the person who started the thread had only posted 7 times and not been on the site for over a year. Since the purpose of the thread was to help the person who had made the OP with certain personal issues, any response at this time would appear entirely redundant. I was in good company, though, as several other people took the time to read through and post a carefully thought out response to the OP; none of us, including the person who actually ressurected the thread, had remotely noticed that anything was amiss. It fascinates me that it's possible to process such a mass of information effectively using the N function and yet miss the fundamental details in this way :doh:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
The most ridiculous place I have left my wallet? The fridge. This has happened on numerous occasions.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Parking, I suck at it. I start thinking about other stuff as soon as I slow to a crawl and end up crooked, bumping into a pillar, running over the curb, whatever. :doh:

To combat this I zip into parking spots at full speed, freaking out my passengers, but end up perfectly straight in the center of the spot. :cool:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Parking, I suck at it. I start thinking about other stuff as soon as I slow to a crawl and end up crooked, bumping into a pillar, running over the curb, whatever. :doh:

To combat this I zip into parking spots at full speed, freaking out my passengers, but end up perfectly straight in the center of the spot. :cool:

Once you're done that do you say "Lllllllllike a glove!"

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
I love this thread! I thought I was alone!
Just a few examples from the last few days
TV remote control on top of the loo
I bought 6 eggs on saturday and lost them - how?
Picked up friend to take her to concert - had to go back for my ticket then locked key in car and had to wait for husband to come home with spare set (he wont allow me to kep them cos he's worried I will lock them in too (istp soul with amazing memory)
lost memory stick

think I'm getting worse and note that it is much worse when I'm stressed due to trying to think about too many things

Same day

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
The most ridiculous place I have left my wallet? The fridge. This has happened on numerous occasions.

I have left books, keys, spoons and forks in the fridge and/or freezer.

I have put eggs in the pantry.

I have walked out of the front door leaving it wide open.

walked into a room and have no idea why I came so I have to start over to retrace my steps.

I have gotten out of the car leaving the keys in the ignition (luckily my car wont lock this way.)

I have fixed plates of food and forgotten about it, only to come back hours later, hungry and find a cold plate of food.

Cleaned my room and have no idea where anything is when I'm done. ( I really hate this, which is probably why I hate cleaning my room.)

Once, when I as younger, I didn't realize the stove top was on, and I layed my hand on the burner as I was stretching to reach something in the above cabinet. It took me a few seconds (longer than I think it should have) to realize that I burned the crap out of my hand.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

walked into a room and have no idea why I came so I have to start over to retrace my steps.

I have gotten out of the car leaving the keys in the ignition (luckily my car wont lock this way.)

I have fixed plates of food and forgotten about it, only to come back hours later, hungry and find a cold plate of food.

Cleaned my room and have no idea where anything is when I'm done. ( I really hate this, which is probably why I hate cleaning my room.)

Once, when I as younger, I didn't realize the stove top was on, and I layed my hand on the burner as I was stretching to reach something in the above cabinet. It took me a few seconds (longer than I think it should have) to realize that I burned the crap out of my hand.

:)*bows to manifestly superior skils*

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?

Oh my god...particularly when I have friends in the car, I'll do that thing where I'll think I'm gonna park, so I sort of swerve, but then I decide not to, and when I finally do park, I'm right on top of the line and have to essentially re-park...I can only imagine how stupid it looks.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Arriving at school without the schoolbag. That day was so funny.

Only once? I must have forgot my bag every other day in highschool. It was the same with my homework. My teachers hated me because they thought I did it on purpose. :cry:

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
There are three things I must have before leaving in the morning. My keys, my wallet, and my cellular phone. I never keep these three items in one place, but rather scatter them in random spots around the house.

Also I had noticed that I didn't have very many clothes so I went out and spent some money on my wardrobe. Two weeks later I washed my sheets and found about ten shirts wedged between the wall and my bed.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yesterday when I was sitting at a cafe, the woman next to me asked if they kept the newspapers folks had left behind. I said no, and directed her to the newstand outside. The guy on the other side of me pointed and said "how about the paper you're sitting on?" That morning's paper was right next to me.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wonderful! I laughed so hard I´ve got tears in my eyes. I´ve done a similar thing with our stove; if you lean forward onto the front of it, the gas burners automatically light. I´ve nearly set fire to myself at least three times while cleaning the damn thing!