• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
-Leaving my keys hanging in locks

-Getting deodorant streaks on my dark shirts (today I have a HUGE white patch on my dark brown tee-shirt)

-Forgetting to wash out shampoo or conditioner in the shower, or forgetting to use shampoo in the first place, or forgetting to use soap

-Putting shirts and sometimes pants (never jeans, though) on backwards, despite my monitoring the position of the tag

-Spilling everything on everything for various reasons

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I noticed that usually, I pick my phone for looking what time is it. Seconds after that, I have to pick it again because I haven't looked at the hour. It's like my mind is 'oh, the phone, nice' and doesn't process the information about the time.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Today it was raining so I ordered a taxi to go to work (I usually cycle). Right when the taxi was due I suddenly noticed the cat litter tray needed emptying. As I was doing this, the taxi arrived and tooted his horn loudly. I jumped up and hit my head on the door handle, then had to stumble around dazed to gather up my things and leave the house.

I now have a sore head and a big red mark on my forehead - hopefully it won't bruise!

Oh, and yesterday my ENTP partner ran a red light because he did not even see the traffic lights.

Two dominant Intuitives in the same household - it's a wonder we're still alive!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A thought just occurred to me: perhaps Intuitive types are rarer than Sensors because fewer of us survive to adulthood?

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
A thought just occurred to me: perhaps Intuitive types are rarer than Sensors because fewer of us survive to adulthood?

Natural selection is a very valid theory.

I am just waiting for the day that I ride my bike under a moving truck like in city of angels.

silversun

MBTI Type
INTJ
There were a couple times in high school when I noticed I had my shirts on inside out or backwards.
I'm always running around trying to find stuff too.. I lose chapsticks very frequently.
One time I thought I lost my wallet and started getting really upset and about to cry when I noticed 5 minutes later it was in the crook of my arm.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks to this thread, I'm noticing more and more of my own Sensotard moments.

Yesterday I did the following:

1. Lost my driving license, panicked, then found it in the wrong compartment of my wallet.

2. After I returned from visiting another city, I thought I must have left one of the dog's metal bowls behind. Since then I have been feeding him from the remaining bowl, which I have washed up several times. Yesterday, there was a loud clang when I picked up the bowl as the missing bowl crashed onto the kitchen bench. The bowls are stackable and the "missing" bowl had simply been stacked underneath the other one. And for three days I simply could not see this!

3. I've "missed" grabbing hold of door handles on at least three occasions, which means I crash loudly into the door (I tend to walk quite fast).

I think I'm getting worse at Sensing as I get older!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Today I managed to walk straight into a low level bush. And it was in the city.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
A few days ago - tried to walk through an open door and hit my left ankle against the door frame. A few minutes later, I walked back through the same door and kind of missed again - hit my right ankle against the door frame. Two minutes, two painful ankles. I don't seem to learn from experience!

No wonder I was always rubbish at sport!

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I noticed that usually, I pick my phone for looking what time is it. Seconds after that, I have to pick it again because I haven't looked at the hour. It's like my mind is 'oh, the phone, nice' and doesn't process the information about the time.

Yeah, this happens to me too.
Sometimes, when I'm with friends, one of them might see that I just looked at the hour on my phone. He/she asks:
"What time is it?"
"I dunno."
"But you just looked at your phone!"
"I did?" or "well I didn't catch it anyway"

Then I receive strange looks.

Kess

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I parked my car and walked a friend into starbucks. I came out a few minutes later and spent about 10 mins walking around looking for my car. I eventually walked back into startbucks to get my friend who pointed out my car almost immediately :)

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sure I'm not the only one that did this today...but, I totally spaced on daylight savings time and I went into work an hour early. I was fuckin' pissed! :laugh:

Oh, and on the way there I ran a red light because I was looking at the green light on the opposite side of the road. This would not be the first time.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm sure I'm not the only one that did this today...but, I totally spaced on daylight savings time and I went into work an hour early. I was fuckin' pissed! :laugh:

Oh, and on the way there I ran a red light because I was looking at the green light on the opposite side of the road. This would not be the first time.

Could you let me know if you are ever likely to be driving in my part of the world? :D

My sensotard issues... wow, where to start. I suppose the endless bruises on my upper thighs from bumping into desk corners at work would do it. I scoot around at high speed, and don't have the observational skill to spot the sharp corners :doh:

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Could you let me know if you are ever likely to be driving in my part of the world? :D

You drive on the left side, right? I've always wanted to drive on the left side, legaly. lol. I did it once on an open empty highway. I'm such a rebel. :D

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
You drive on the left side, right? I've always wanted to drive on the left side, legaly. lol. I did it once on an open empty highway. I'm such a rebel. :D

Well, I guess it's something to do in that state of wonder you live in :devil:

I spend quite a bit of time in other places, so it's amazing how easy it is to get used to the side of the road swaps. The only tricky way is when you drive your own car abroad on the wrong side, as you are no longer sitting nearer the middle of the road.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
So I am waiting in line at the local CVS, cellphone and keys in hand, arms folded across my chest, zoning out mind wandering about, I dunno, something, and I hear a phone ring, it sounds kinda muffled, so it seems far away, whatever, it continues to ring, on about the third or fourth ring I register, "hey that person has my same ring, cool", by about ring five I remember that I brought my phone with me and untangle my arms and unclasp my hand to see, :doh: it had been my phone that was ringing the whole time. :)

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Looking at my clock whenever a question with relevance to time comes up. I can't count how my many times I've had to explain, as to why I look at my clock when talking about stuff that happened years ago.

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm 100% Sensotarded.

Last week, I was on my way to the underground station, but popped across the road to get a coffee first. I queued up and paid for my coffee, then crossed the road and went down to get the Tube (subway) and only realised when almost at the platform that I didn't take my coffee. So I went back to the coffee shop to collect my coffee, acting as though this was perfectly normal (which, I guess, it is for me!) and finally claimed my purchase...The lady at the counter looked at me as if to say 'What effin' planet are you from?'. Lol.

When I was younger, I once went to school with my pyjamas on under my uniform.
I like to think I was seen as the lovable class eccentric, but I was probably just viewed as a bit of a weirdo!

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
At work I tried to pull a box out from a shelf without moving the box on top of it. As I was struggling to get it out, the handle broke and I punched myself in the face.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Had a giggle over your post, Wade. Do you laugh when you do this kind of thing? I usually do.

When I played trumpet in the marching band I once whipped my trumpet up to my face and punched myself in the eye with the mouthpiece. Looked right flashy, it did.

Another thing I remember was in the teen center. Glancing at a cute guy across the room, while I raised my coke with straw to my mouth, and stuck the straw up my nose to tittilate his interest. Lustful looks + straw up nose = enchantment.

Kinesthetically challenged.