• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I remember back in middle school for the first like 2 weeks of soccer I never brought the right socks to the match. If we were supposed to wear white id bring red and vice versa, heck sometimes I brought one of each. In highschool I didn't realize you were supposed to catch the soccer bus at the front of the school instead of the back where the regular busses are until my coach finally got pissed at me missing so many practices.

I remember one time in Latin class I was doing my usual zone out routine during a lecture, so being the smart ass that I am I decided it would be a great idea to break my pen in half just like a pencil.... lets just say that the kids halfway across the room were not very appreciative of having ink splattered in their face while trying to listen.

As an aside I remember one time in an English class this girl just burst up mumbling what appeared to be gibberish and heading towards the door, as she was rounding the desks to get to the door you could see the ink dripping from her face to the floor

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'll quite frequently have something in mind..like, to run to the store, or something, get thinking about other stuff, forget where I was going in the first place, try to remember why I'm out, am unsuccessful, and go somewhere else, like the library or something..and then remember later, and laugh :)

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
In group discussions, I get so caught up in the ideas we're discussing that I completely fail to notice other people's body language. Afterward, someone will tell me that someone was texting, or that someone was visibly angry and I'll think, "You're kidding me."

Sometimes I'll wonder why I'm so irritable and then I'll realize that I've had to pee for the past three hours. I can go hours and hours without eating. Mind over matter - I don't want to be interrupted.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes I'll wonder why I'm so irritable and then I'll realize that I've had to pee for the past three hours. I can go hours and hours without eating. Mind over matter - I don't want to be interrupted.

Me too!

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Me three on the peeing thing!

The other day I looked all over for my sunglasses. Then someone said I should check the top of my head.

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
The place where i work is having major repair work done &, because it's a Grade 1 listed building, they're doing their best to take it back to its former mid 1930's "glory". We had to move office to the "new" extension (built circa 1977) about 3 months ago. About 3 weeks ago they blocked off all the main corridors so that work could begin proper. We were informed about all this several months ago.

Last week i went into the building, clocked in, & proceeded up the main stairs. Which was the wrong way but easily done if you've been used to taking that direction for the past few months. Usually i'm half way up the steps before the "Aah! What are you doing you stupid sod?". This time, however, i carried on. Turn left, am about to open the double doors when i notice something written on them.

"This area is undergoing construction work & is closed off to all staff & members of the public".

Oooh i thought to myself, what's going on here, then?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I needed socks, so I bought some a day later when I went to go put a pair on I found out they were toddler socks :doh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
^ LOL How'd you pull that one off?

I was at walgreens and they mix all the socks together. And they were on the bottom shelf so I just grabbed a package without really looking. And I had been drinking. We went to go get halloween decorations, and I realized I needed socks.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh:

The other morning I was on my way to work when I lit a ciggi (am not a regular smoker) and I went to flick the ashes out the window and the f'n thing was closed. The cherry fell and burned my leg. Ashes were flying in my face, and I got pirate eye from the smoke. o_-

I told myself, "there's a reason this happened. You really shouldn't be smoking."

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:laugh:

The other morning I was on my way to work when I lit a ciggi (am not a regular smoker) and I went to flick the ashes out the window and the f'n thing was closed. The cherry fell and burned my leg. Ashes were flying in my face, and I got pirate eye from the smoke. o_-

I told myself, "there's a reason this happened. You really shouldn't be smoking."

LOL!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's an entirely random event whether my socks match or not

i have a personal lock-smith

i get lost in car parks

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ENTP partner is a sensotard when it comes to spelling, so he uses spellcheckers a lot. This leads to some hilarious mistakes, as there isn't a spellchecker on the planet that can cope with his garbled spelling!

Some recent examples:

I'm dressed today. (translation: I'm depressed today)
My mother has phenomenon (translation: My mother has pneumonia)

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
I wore a shirt backwards yesterday, and today I looked in the fridge for the mail. And no matter who it is, or what they're saying..I drift off.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Today:

I was in the pet shop, going to get a new cat door for a new house I'm having built. I wanted to get the same type as at my current house, a magnetic one to stop stray cats. The one at my current house though stopped working about a year ago, and I couldn't figure out why. So I was looking at the ones in the shop trying to figure which would be best.
While looking I saw the words "battery operated" on the back... :doh:

My husband and I were talking to his mother, she was saying she has to go to the hospital on friday for a special shot for her lower back, she has had this before and we have always picked her up since she's not allowed to drive afterward. Naturally we said, "Do you want us to pick you up?" She said, "Ah no, I can get someone else or just get a taxi if necessary." We say, "Are you sure? We may as well, we don't mind." (I am starting think, "Does she not want us to pick her up?") Then she says, "But you're going away on friday..." We look at each other, the same question on our faces, "what..?" Then it dawns on us at the same time, "oh yea! we are going away." We have had this hotel booked for a few weeks now for this big festival. Glad someone else is here to keep track of this stuff for us. :blush:

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
The other day.

Falcarius: Who was that on the telephone?
Guy: No arms.
Falcarius: :wtf:
Guy: You know that old lady that was sitting by you when we had tea I am on about her.
Falcarius: :huh:You mean she has only one hand?
Guy: Yeah, she had cancer.
Falcarius: I thought she was just cold as we were outside all day, so she was wrapping herself up well as she did not want to catch a cold.:doh:
Falcarius: I better be off now, I will see you on Monday.
Guy: It is Monday.
Falcarius::shock:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Okay I'll join in...

Bought all the technical pieces for my new computer (well actually the previous build but you get the idea). I'd researched water cooling for months and had a list of the right blocks, the right radiator, the right fans, case, fan controller, hard drives you name it. I ordered it all from about 3 suppliers just to get everything perfect for this build. You know what I found? I'd managed to order all the piping perfectly, the right amount of PTFE tape, the right combination of thermal grease, the right fixings the lot... except the water.

:doh:

EPIC FAIL.

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
Putting my cardigan on upside down & wearing it for half an hour wondering why it didnt seem to sit right on my shoulders.
If im given good enough directions i can find my way to a place but have terrible trouble finding my way back.
Ishida's looking in the fridge for mail is what i do except i it's usually a jar of coffee.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yesterday I left my precious bicycle out in the rain all night, despite being reminded to put it away twice by my partner. Luckily it was not stolen, but it was a sorry sight this morning, as it had fallen over and one of the lights had fallen off.

To put this in perspective: I love my bike like a pet and use it to cycle to work every day. I was distracted by the various posts I made to MBTICentral yesterday, which pushed everything else out of my consciousness. I had to be reminded to eat!