• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

heart

heart on fire
My husband went into work with a pair of my underwear static clinged to his front pantleg. Bright red, of course.

MBTI Type
ENTP
When I was in the fifth grade, I ran into a door in school and I chipped my tooth. (I wasn't watching where I was going.)

My brother (an athletic sensotard) did that three times in the span of 2 days. Two of those times required three sets of 8-20 stitches each.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
This thread has convinced me to wear armor to any MBTIc meetup that I go to. And to have travel insurance.

I survived my meetup, but there were only two other members there, it might have become dangerous if there was more. ;)

But I have to give credit to Tallulah, she was the one who first commented on the decorations in the place, not me. :yes:

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
One from this weekend's trip: I knew it was likely we'd be doing a bit of walking while we were away so I chucked my pair of hiking boots in the car. And yes, we decided to go for a walk on a rough trail that needed good shoes. Turns out I brought along ONE hiking boot (brown) and ONE runner (white) which was missing the sole insert, so it was unwearable, even if I was so inclined to walk with mis-matched shoes.

:doh:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Bluebell, you win. That's it, you just win!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Two moments I remember, can't believe I didn't think of them before:

I was chasing a soccer ball on a tennis court at the park (i was about 5 years old) and the ball went on the other side of the net and I ran to it, and the opening between the two nets I was running to had a metal cord attaching the top of the two nets and I didn't see it, and as I was running my neck hit it and I was flung back and my head hit the ground. Some guy ran over and helped me out. I had to get a cat scan, but I was okay.

Another time (about 10 years old) I was running to get outside the school because it had just ended, and I went to push open this big wood door, and as it was about half way open it stopped (because everyone used to hang on the wire connecting the door) and I bashed my head on the door and started bleeding profusely. I was cupping it with my hands and it was spilling everywhere. For some reason I walked back to my classroom and the teacher saw me and screamed and everyone was yelling at me to go to the nurse, so i walked to the nurse and i left a trail of blood the whole way. I remember walking by some girls and them freaking out. I ended up just needing a butterfly band-aid and I could choose to get stitches or get a little scar above my eyebrow. I chose what would turn out to be a cool badass looking scar.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I very frequently turn on the electric kettle without it being plugged in/switched on at the wall. Then I will wander back and pour cold water into my teapot. I only realise I forgot to actually boil the water when I'm drinking the tea and wonder why it tastes funny. :'(

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Two massive head injuries, eh ajblaise? I'll take it easy on you from now on, lol.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I was doing a chemistry lab and we were using clay triangles on bunsen burners, etc... and we were cleaning up. And I wondered if the triangle would be cool or hot. And I tried to pick it up. It really hurt :cry:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was doing a chemistry lab and we were using clay triangles on bunsen burners, etc... and we were cleaning up. And I wondered if the triangle would be cool or hot. And I tried to pick it up. It really hurt :cry:

Yeah, I was cured of that tendency when I was 4, once a month getting boiling water spilled on you after 3 times teaches you a lesson.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Often I look for a pen when I actually have it in my hands.

Since I know I'm a space cadet, I've compensated by always keeping my wallet, keys, phone, etc. in the same pockets, and whenever I leave anywhere, I do a bang-bang-bang touch check to make sure they're there.

Ahah, yeah, I do this too. I'm totally paranoid about losing my wallet.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
It occurs to me that I could also start a thread about ditzy things that I've done, for a supposedly smart person. Like when my car battery died a few years back, and we lived across from an Auto Zone. The AZ guys rolled my car across the street and jumped the battery off. I thanked them, drove back across the street and promptly killed the engine. Yeah, I could hear them laughing from my house.

SKiNDiVeR

MBTI Type
eNTP
I identify with (too) many of your sensotard moments, these resonate the most:

I usually have deodorant in the door pocket of my car in case it suddenly hits me that I probably forgot to put it on that morning.
I often discover bruises on my body with no idea how they got there.
Anything that's been sitting there for more than about 48 hours becomes invisible, even if I deliberately put it somewhere in the way, like just inside the front door.
Having an opened bottle spill its contents on the floor because I urgently needed to look at my watch or something else grabbed my attention.:
Wearing odd shoes

... additionally, I do a mental check list before leaving the house, only to return to check that I remembered do what I thought I did but wasn't sure and still too often forgot to do after checking.

That's the problem. Sensors think once, thus acting rashly, and intuitives think thrice, thus spending too much time ignoring reality.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D

I really enjoyed reading this thread!

My husband (INTP) was wondering why I was sitting at my computer with giggles periodically breaking out, so I had to read it to him as well. We definitely can relate.

Ok so here's a few of mine.

I have issues with remembering to look for traffic when I'm walking with other people. Ever since I was young my friends would get very worried and grab my arm when we came up to a road crossing. "You never look where you're going!" I remember when I was younger being indignant, sure that I was just as aware as they were. It was so bad then I didn't even know I was unaware.:shock: I still do it now but at least I realize it, if only after the fact. Good thing I have my husband to look out for me. :D
Normally when we go on a walk I don't remember any of it, just the great conversation. Walking seems like a really good way of triggering our Ne.

Another thing, which I'm sure is common to many of you, is I can never remember where the car is parked. Or even how we got there, where we're at, or how we got to the store door, etc. Just yesterday my husband and I were leaving some shops to walk back to the car, he took me past the car, off down the street a block or so completely away from the car parking spots, and stopped in front of a noodle house. I looked around, "We parked over here?" Then after getting some food we were talking about my seriously lacking observational skills on the walk back to the car. After a minute I asked, "So where did we park then?" He laughs and says that yes I definitely am not good at details. It takes me a few minutes, then I realize we are standing right in front of our car. :doh:
I'd follow him over a cliff, not necessarily from loyalty, but because I wouldn't even have noticed it was there!

Oh yea, another one that always cracks up his family (all sensors) is when we make the 6 hour drive (this is all on a rural road, no freeways here) to visit them and not only miss the obvious turn off, but don't even notice until we end up in some city an hour or so out of the way. All the sudden we look out, what the hell are we doing in a city?! Oh shit we did it again :doh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
cars I always notice them after I begin to cross the street, which is why I now wait for the singanel. Lose things even if their right in front of me. Put my shirt on backwards and inside out a few times, didn't notice until someone pointed it out. Been knowing to put shoes on the wrong feet. Always forget what shirt I'm wearing. Always forget to turn off the toaster oven.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, I totally didn't notice that prplchknz was purple chickens until someone pointed it out explicitly several months after I'd chatted with her loads on here lol I mean I used to literally have to look her up each time I went to write her name because I couldn't remember the sequence of letters, seemed random hahaha

Driving stuff again... I get to where I'm going and they ask 'how was the journey?' and I'm like 'I don't remember' and they're like 'you only just got outta the car' and I'm like 'yeah... I don't remember'.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I routinely walk into walls, and I also do the whole door thing (if my hand is on the knob it's open... right?) by walking into doors that I haven't even twisted the knob on :doh:

yeah- EVERY day I wonder why I can't pull the keys from my ignition only to realize that I still have the car in drive and that it was merely stopped because my foot was on the brake

leaving the stove on when I leave :shock:

getting lost while talking and suddenly blurting out something that was relevant 10 minutes before (my mom makes fun of my and my dad's "circular" conversation style) :(

and I probably brushed my hair last about 6 months ago- that's what fingers are for... right? :huh:

this is sad, because I actually have high Se :doh:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I routinely walk into walls, and I also do the whole door thing (if my hand is on the knob it's open... right?) by walking into doors that I haven't even twisted the knob on :doh:

I have my issues with screen doors but that's pretty bad. Walls? How could you mistake a wall for an opening or door?