• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

MBTI Type
INxJ
Ok, this I don't do, I just wanted to ask all of you who do this: why don't you just look at the tag when you put it on? It's impossible to put shirts on either inside-out or backwards that way. I don't get it....:huh:

This would work if my shirts had tags to begin with. I cut them out because they scratch my neck.

I use to purchase shirts that dipped down in the front because I never had a problem putting it on correctly, but I'm female and low cut shirts attract too much attention. So, I went back to crewneck with pockets for an identifying marker. Problem with crewnecks of a dark color is, they look practically the same front and back because the pocket blends in.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This would work if my shirts had tags to begin with. I cut them out because they scratch my neck.

I use to purchase shirts that dipped down in the front because I never had a problem putting it on correctly, but I'm female and low cut shirts attract too much attention. So, I went back to crewneck with pockets for an identifying marker. Problem with crewnecks of a dark color is, they look practically the same front and back because the pocket blends in.

I get the crew necks that have the label imprinted on the fabric itself so that there's nothing to be scratched by, but I still have my marker. Otherwise I have trouble with front/back as well.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I get the crew necks that have the label imprinted on the fabric itself so that there's nothing to be scratched by, but I still have my marker. Otherwise I have trouble with front/back as well.

:laugh: I'm not alone! lol

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah I cut tags out of my clothes too for the same reason, they itch!
but even if they were there, I think the key word you used Randomnity is "look"! N's don't look with their eyes... that's why we don't notice shit. I mean, we notice stuff, but not physical stuff, much... heh... as you can see! :)

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Arriving at school without the schoolbag. That day was so funny.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Since I know I'm a space cadet, I've compensated by always keeping my wallet, keys, phone, etc. in the same pockets, and whenever I leave anywhere, I do a bang-bang-bang touch check to make sure they're there.

When I get home though, I throw everything around randomly. I must search for two to thirty minutes before I can leave again.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah I cut tags out of my clothes too for the same reason, they itch!
but even if they were there, I think the key word you used Randomnity is "look"! N's don't look with their eyes... that's why we don't notice shit. I mean, we notice stuff, but not physical stuff, much... heh... as you can see! :)

Yeah, the only reason why I notice the print on my shirts is because I'm paranoid to the point of psychosis of putting my shirt on backwards. :doh:

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Since I know I'm a space cadet, I've compensated by always keeping my wallet, keys, phone, etc. in the same pockets, and whenever I leave anywhere, I do a bang-bang-bang touch check to make sure they're there.

I do that too, but it's less due to space cadetism and more due to liking to know where everything I might need is at every moment of the day, and because I get a little upset if I have to waste time digging through my bag to find something. I'm also a little paranoid about the location of my keys. I have this irrational fear of being locked out of the house...But that's commentary for some other thread. :doh:

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I've had several times where I've gotten into the car and driven down the road in pitch black conditions with nothing but my parking lights on. After a few minutes I'd say, "I wonder why the road is darker than it usually is..." And then realize that I forgot to turn my headlights on.

Haha, I did that once. Haven't had any bombastically sensotard moments lately. I've left my notebooks on top of my car and driven off a few times. Once everything fell off in the road, the other time a girl honked at me before I got too far. I've walked out of the house without my shoes a few times. Wandered around looking for my glasses when they were on top of my head.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

When I get home though, I throw everything around randomly. I must search for two to thirty minutes before I can leave again.

I do that too - I make a point of always carrying my wallet and keys in my trouser pockets. I am constantly touching my pocket to make sure my keys are still there during the day (Whoops! I've just realised how that could be misconstrued.....).

My ENTP partner does the "throwing things around randomly" trick - he has "lost" his wallet, keys and phone at least once every single day I have known him (over 16 years!).

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I was changing at my aesthetician's (LOL, yes I have one) this morning and I just realized today that the dressing room consists of a room divider next to a window. It's customary to undress and change into the robe they give you.

Before I started taking off my clothes, I had enough Sense to close the blinds. Partially this was because a truck drove by as I put down my bag and caught my attention.

As I shut the blinds, I thought to myself did I leave the blinds open last time??? Holy crap, I think I flashed the whole street!!! LITERALLY!!!!! :shock:

LOL

Luckily, as an ENFP I [have to] find this amusing. Now. But will not be repeated. (Intentionally)

edel weiss

MBTI Type
ENTP
Arriving at school without the schoolbag. That day was so funny.

I've done that too. Sometimes I used to mix up my uniforms and end up getting punished.

Apart from that, I keep tripping over everything all the time 'cause I'm never looking down while walking. I have a tendency to smile on the road, making complete strangers think I'm grinning at them. I also get very startled when people suddenly come up in front of me.

One of my INFP friends takes the cake, though. She told me how he was taking a shower once - and realized that she'd forgotten her name. She spent a few minutes shaking and wondering what her name was, until she thought of her sister's name and traced her own, which sounds similar. :huh:
I really didn't know what to say to her.

I had to look up aesthetician too. :D

Richard0612

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can identify with the 'walking into doors' and looking for things when they are right under my nose, but my top Se-tard moment has to be this:

At school, I was walking from one building to another. It was raining and I had my umbrella up due to it being a fair walk; I got lost in thought, walked into the second building with it still up (somehow manoeuvring the umbrella through the doors) and managed to walk a fair way inside before I noticed. When I eventually did notice I casually put it down and said something along the lines of 'hmm, not raining inside'.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
When I eventually did notice I casually put it down and said something along the lines of 'hmm, not raining inside'.

Very smooth. ;)

When I do things like that, I'm too embarassed to even look around to see who's noticed. So I just very casually walk away...very quickly.

My INXJ friend walked into a glass wall and broke her tooth. The organization that owned the building paid for her doctor's visit to fix the tooth.

My brother, INTP, ran full speed into our sliding glass door and bounced off with a terrific THUD! It was pretty funny. He said he thought it was open.

I once zoned out for a second and fell off a treadmill. One second I was on it, next second :huh: I was off it. And when it happened the gym attendant came over and was concerned and kept asking me (loudly) if the machine was broken, what happened, etc. etc. I kept on mumbling and trying to think of a way to get out of there and that's when the entire girl's lacrosse team walked past us.

Oh the lack of Se/Si stories just never end.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
This thread has convinced me to wear armor to any MBTIc meetup that I go to. And to have travel insurance.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was in the fifth grade, I ran into a door in school and I chipped my tooth. (I wasn't watching where I was going.)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My brother, INTP, ran full speed into our sliding glass door and bounced off with a terrific THUD! It was pretty funny. He said he thought it was open.

:rofl1: Been there, done that. Woke up the next day with a knot on my head.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
At school, I was walking from one building to another. It was raining and I had my umbrella up due to it being a fair walk; I got lost in thought, walked into the second building with it still up (somehow manoeuvring the umbrella through the doors) and managed to walk a fair way inside before I noticed. When I eventually did notice I casually put it down and said something along the lines of 'hmm, not raining inside'.

:doh::rofl1: