• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

V

violaine

I have a problem with transitioning - i.e. I regularly forget to put the umbrella down once it's stopped raining, neglect to turn on the windshield wipers after it's been raining a while and the old forgetting that I'm wearing sunglasses after it's already night-time and I'm wondering why it's so damn dark haha...

I have, however, completely mastered the art of making it look like I meant to do all of the above...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Darn I tried to prentend I was baking an apple pie.

Nothing gets by you does it.

Not a thing gets by my savvy Ni!!

Now, why are we standing in the gents? *pinches your boobs* I can't remember how to drive!

*walks into a pole*

MBTI Type
INxJ
I've looked for my pen, only to find it was in my hand. Looked for the lid for my water bottle, only to find it was already on there. I make plenty of those kind of mistakes on a daily basis. Sometimes, I wear my shirt backwards. Especially if it's a crewneck. I've had enough of my friends jokingly calling me, "nerd" when my shirt is backwards. I've almost conquered the shirt issue by making sure they have pockets that go in the front. I slip up occasionally, but it's bound to happen. lol

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Not a thing gets by my savvy Ni!!

Now, why are we standing in the gents? *pinches your boobs* I can't remember how to drive!

*walks into a pole*
LOL. You're competing with Victor for post of the week.

I've almost conquered the shirt issue by making sure they have pockets that go in the front. I slip up occasionally, but it's bound to happen. lol
Just stitch pockets onto the back of your shirt as well.

LucrativeSid

Last winter I wanted to go to a convenience store to buy some stuff so I went outside and started my vehicle to let it warm up. Then I came inside, forgot about it, and took a nap. A knock on my door woke up, and it was a cop. Somebody called the cops because my car was running for three hours and they were starting to worry about me...

My neighbors rock. One knocked on my door to tell me I left my dome lights on on two different occasions, saving me a dead battery in the morning.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That Sid. Not so lucrative as one might imagine.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
That's the problem. Sensors think once, thus acting rashly, and intuitives think thrice, thus spending too much time ignoring reality.

i do tend to act too quickly. i have a bad tendency of trying to walk through doors before my hand has finished turning the knob, resulting in said door not opening and me running into it :doh:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Sometimes when I get excited the words I say just form into one long mumbled incomprehensible pseudo-word.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I was saved from a similar fate by my daughter casually using that facility in front of me :D

At least I noticed THAT! Go me!!
(though I'd had the laptop for 6 months without seeing it)

:D Awesome.

I'd owned this laptop for nearly TWO years before finding the volume control.

I suck at navigating. I've lived in this suburb for nearly 7 years, and this particular house for nearly 2 years. I *still* have to think carefully about how to drive home, and I have occasionally got it wrong. :doh:

Anything that's been sitting there for more than about 48 hours becomes invisible, even if I deliberately put it somewhere in the way, like just inside the front door.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
ah, navigation... that's the strangest thing about my sensotardation. I have a BRILLIANT sense of direction and am NEVER lost. This is somehow achieved despite my not noticing 90% of what's around me! :huh:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ah, navigation... that's the strangest thing about my sensotardation. I have a BRILLIANT sense of direction and am NEVER lost. This is somehow achieved despite my not noticing 90% of what's around me! :huh:

I've heard lots of NTP's say they have good direction, I like to feel like I have a great sense of direction as well.

Maybe it's a visual right vs. left brain thing.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah... there are times when I'm in a totally unfamiliar town, there's a total deficit of signposts (Nottingham, UK for example), and I just get like a spidey sense and say "it's that way", and it always is. I couldn't explain why I knew it was that way, but I really did know, it wasn't just a guess.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I've heard lots of NTP's say they have good direction, I like to feel like I have a great sense of direction as well.

Maybe it's a visual right vs. left brain thing.

My INTP partner is excellent at navigating - as long as he's outside. If we're inside, like at a mall, he gets way confused.

Him navigating, me driving home after going somewhere new:

Me: "How do I get home? I'm lost."

Him: "Just go back the way you came."

Me: ":steam: If I knew how to do that, I wouldn't have asked."

Other Se-tard moments - my mind tunes out most of the buttons and navigational thingies on websites as irrelevant and useless, and therefore I just don't see most of them. It took me AGES (like, 6 months or so) to work out how to do multiquote because I never ever noticed the button for it. I only realised that such a thing existed when someone mentioned it in a thread, and it still took me ages to find it. :doh:

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Man, after reading all of these crazy responses, I'm glad the extent of my sensotardation is pressing the button for the floor I'm already on while getting on the elevator.