• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bitten by the Shark

Vacuuming the apartment on Sunday. Carpet's frayed in one spot, string just hanging out there. Vacuum snags the string as I make a pass over that area. Thoughtless reflex - I grab at the string before any more of it can be eaten. My index finger tangles in the unwieldy strand, as the powerful brushroll pulls it up toward its spinning doom at top speed. Mangled/ripped the flesh off down to the dermis on both sides of the top knuckle.

Any other human being would have shut the damn thing off at the very start. :doh:

This is probably more of an ordinary, "Hey, I'm a fucking idiot right now" moment, vs an authentic sensotard moment, actually.

Sidenote: That vacuum is AWESOME, by the way- despite our conflict. I feel disgustingly domestic expressing enthusiasm over a cleaning device, but it is that good.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
One of my worst pet peeves is intuiting letters/shapes. I read words and traffic signs wrong. Watch me when I drive. :blush: Trusting pattern where the text lay out is noncontinuous. Yes, I'm hazardous and my place is probably in some kind of facility.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...I definitely just collapsed onto the couch, resting my head into a plate of leftover barbecue sauce from some chicken I just ate less than 5min ago. Didn't realize it until I stood back up, & felt the paper plate stuck to my hair.

That's what I get for leaving stuff on the arm of the couch. And generally being a gross dumbdumb, sometimes.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anytime I've been in a store to buy videos I cannot tell which way the alphabet is going. As soon as I think it is going one way, I turn the corner and it's suddenly the other way. I have to give up and just look at the pictures and not worry about the order.

I once went into Cosco and the confusion of having sofas next to frozen lasagna and so forth made me literally dizzy. There was so much disconnected information that it felt like a house of funny mirrors. I rely on some organization to simplify the external world because I can't see too many different things at once. I had to go sit in my car for a while to recover.

I also forget stuff trying to put myself together in the morning. I keep small versions of most toiletries in my purse because I tend to forget something - anything from earrings, to matching socks, to brushing my teeth.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am well know for sensortard moments in my life. I have walked into door frames, low hanging lights, chairs, doors. You name it i have walked into it. My family never let me do anything hands-on or practical out of fear i will cause a nasty accident and i am officially banned from going to shops with lots of fragiles. Plus i often misplace things and in one particularly embarrassing moment i was looking for my phone for 20 minutes and then someone said it was in my pocket and there it was.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been [trying to resist] freaking out the past week because Cricket's had some serious dandruff showing up on his fur - my fear was that it was a symptom (as it can sometimes be the only symptom) of his longstanding fungal friend, ringworm, recurring.

...It just occurred to me that the dandruff was only showing up after we cuddled.. it was actually just my skin flaking onto him because of the Retin-A I'm using. I tested this hypothesis by gently rubbing my cheek against the sleeve of my black hoodie - created the same flake pattern. Relief. But still :doh:

I also may have punched myself in the mouth yesterday, trying to yank a tangled cord out of a box of miscellaneous junk.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
I think body will give up on me. My toes hurt. Staircases... :cry:

I'm a sensor, but I have my moments as well...

I stub my toe everywhere.

My room looks like a hurricane came and toppled over everything. I don't mind it at all though. In fact, if it was too clean, my thoughts would remain static. I need to keep my imagination flowing with a bunch of knick-knacks and tchotchkes everywhere around me.

I sometimes read in the dark without realizing until my dad would come in and turn on the switch.

I'm the worst when it comes to cleaning dishes. I have to really make sure I scrub well or else there's always pieces of leftover food still stuck on.

I hum when I eat without realizing it.

I have weird ticks I don't notice that other people point out.

I am very sensitive to people wandering around me and shouting. Probably an Fi thing though.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
I'm a sensor, but I have my moments as well...

Like an elephant in a porcelain shop?

Because, I have lost my legs many times just by standing still. Someone is on the ground again...

Kas

Fabula rasa
Not sure if that's sensotard or memorytard moment. Yesterday:

Sister: Have you got new kettle?
Me: New kettle?
Sister: Yes
Me: Why would I?
Sister: It was broke.
Me:... <confused>
Sister: It was stopping working from time to time, it was switching off.
Me: Oh yes, I remember!
Sister: Finally
Me: I don't know.
Sister:...
Me: I remember kettle didn't work well. But now the kettle is working just fine and I don't remember the moment of buying new kettle or what the kettle looked like before... It may be the very same kettle from what I know. :unsure:

Kas

Fabula rasa
^ Ugh, it was different kettle. Apparently it was black.

Whoah I'm fully aware of my surrounding. :doh:

Radio Bob

Resident Alien
ROFL!!!
*catalogue of similar incidents springs to mind*

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
I've brushed my teeth, then said, wet toothbrush in hand, "Ok! Time to brush my teeth!" (way back from page 1)

I go in the bathroom to check if the toothbrush is hard and dry in it's holder. If it is, I figure it's time to brush.

Last edited:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I finally have something to contribute to this thread:

Was excruciatingly typing Neflix.com on my TV, when I suddenly realized there is a HUGE WHITE BUTTON which has NETFLIX written on it. Pressed it and accessed Netflix for the first time in my life.

I wonder why I can access it on my TV but not on my PC.

I get sensortard moments quite a lot when reading instructions and guidance on PCs. Somehow I never mentioned those.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
^ Ugh, it was different kettle. Apparently it was black.

Whoah I'm fully aware of my surrounding. :doh:

Man you have problems... lolz.

Maybe you have a split personality in which your inner ESTJ takes over your life and gets shit done for you, like buying that kettle. You are a INFP right?

Be careful when you attempt breath meditation. You might forget to breathe and die. Lolz... :p

...I definitely just collapsed onto the couch, resting my head into a plate of leftover barbecue sauce from some chicken I just ate less than 5min ago. Didn't realize it until I stood back up, & felt the paper plate stuck to my hair.

That's what I get for leaving stuff on the arm of the couch. And generally being a gross dumbdumb, sometimes.

So much for my assumptions that you are a neat freak. Sleeping of sauce. Jesus woman, you are an embarrassment to all INFJs :p.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So much for my assumptions that you are a neat freak. Sleeping of sauce. Jesus woman, you are an embarrassment to all INFJs :p.

Quiet, you. I'd only left the plate out for all of 5 minutes. :dry:

Kas

Fabula rasa
Man you have problems... lolz.

Maybe you have a split personality in which your inner ESTJ takes over your life and gets shit done for you, like buying that kettle. You are a INFP right?

Be careful when you attempt breath meditation. You might forget to breathe and die. Lolz... :p

I know!

Yes, I'm INFP. It keeps happening to me- forgetting that I’ve already done what I was supposed to do. I had similar blank moment today, though it wasn’t that absurd.
I would prefer to have different kind of double life, maybe not Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde kind, but something more adventurous than persona buying kettles and writing down appointments...

Is this why they say to concentrate on breathing?;)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sensotard moments.. usually this happens when I walk out of my house without any shoes. Sometimes I'll even walk for a couple of feet until I stop, look down, grumble, and walk the fuck back inside to get the shoes.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My sensortard moments are many. I cannot tie my laces due to lack of coordination and not being able to remember the process plus I am not allowed to drive by my family due to being so clumsy.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Today I was searching for my phone while talking on it..

Gone

Oooh I have a kettle story too... when I was making tea for the first time I put water in the kettle, switched it on and waited. So far, so good. That was easier than I thought. But then a thought struck me, and I just had to ask: "How do I know when it's ready?"
My mom couldn't stop laughing.