• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My bedroom is a disaster area, I literally have to walk over objects to get to my clothes in my dresser. It's like an obstacle course. My friends and family can't understand how I could live like that (all sensors), but what they don't understand is that I don't care and I know where everything is.

Crashing into things/knocking things over. It's like I have no coordination whatsoever. I don't understand how people become dancers.

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se. That wonderful thing that apparently makes not-me people not forget their most valuable possesions when they're in plain sight and notice what is in front of their face.

I have vaguely enough tertiary Si to seriously mind not having my favorite pen (could also be a sp thing), but sadly not enough to accurately remember where I put it. I did find it again but it was humilliating, because it was right on the very table I'd sat on the day I lost it. It didn't even fall down or anything.

One day me and my SO - an INTJ - noticed a fairly remote public toilet that he thought seemed like a great makeout spot, so we stayed there for a bit. Sometime during the process, he noticed something tumbling out of his jacket pocket, he grabbed some of it and stuffed it right back.

We leave, head back, but then when we were back in town, we both notice that both out wallets are gone.
All the time he was convinced that it must've fallen out in the bus but we asked the bus drivers, recapitulated our steps, niente!
He was beginning to consider that we might have been robbed and should call the police, ("Not likely we don't have the slightest clue when it happened or proof that it was even stolen, we didn't buy anything or talk to anyone"), it was basically a nightmare scenario because we were on vacation and that was the money for our trip back home, also we'd have to redo the paperwork for our IDs and everything...

Then, just as a last resort/ somethin to try before giving up, I suggested we take a bus back to where

...and there they were, both wallets! They were in plain sight, on a white floor we noticed right as we walked back in!

Yet we must've walked right past them earlier.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
In Sports- I can see my opponent, and I can also know what they are going to do; but for some reason I'm slow to react. I envy my SP friends who are great at anticipation and coordination. #SeEnvy

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
D-d-d-double kill follows.

I'd started to leave the room after I'd given a presentation. I accidentally left my satchel in my seat. The guy who comes in after me points right at it and says -- "Hey, you forgot your, uhm.. uh.. mmm... bag!"

So I forgot the one thing that I brought in, and he forgot the word "bag." Nice.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
me: *stands up from desk* i need to go do something.
me: ...
me: *sits back down* can't remember what tho.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Other day

Me: omg why wont my car start! *Curses furiously*

Me:Think frosty think... Why wont the car start. Why wont the car start.

Like a minute later

Me: oh! I forgot my keys!

Things like this arent even a daily occurance, more like an hourly one... If not more frequent.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i stubbed my toe on a chair today SO OBVIOUSLY I'M NOT ESFP OK???

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The other day I was looking for my wallet in the fridge and I was wondering why I couldn't find it.

Autopilot can be quite a tricky thing.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
1) Reading a history book, page 5. Meanwhile, in my mind:
"If a plane flies OVER the city is because it flies above the limit of the city. If not, it would fly THROUGH it. So, what is the limit of the city? The tallest skyscraper? And birds flying over the skyscraper would not be in the city below..."
I look back at the book, I'm on page 28.

2) "I'm hungry, I'll see what I have in the fridge." I go to the fridge. "What am I doing here?" I go back to my desk. Five minutes later: "I'm hungry, I'll see what I have in the fridge." (maybe that's early Alzheimer's?)

3) Sitting in an isolated landscape, thinking, when I hear a voice near me: "... and that's what happened". An I'm like "when did you arrive??". I never notice what's around me unless it's ridiculous enough for my INTP radar to notice it, until it's too near to do anything about it.

I'm the epitome of sensotard.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I tripped over my laptop charger epically today.

Being for real...one time I fell and my friends claimed it was literally like watching someone fall in slow motion. I can't remember where because it was when I was abroad in New Zealand, but I kind of wish I could've seen it happen from a 3rd person perspective. I think it was because I knew what was happening in the moment so I tried to stop it...but physics and gravity were having none of that.

Also when my friends and I roadtripped throughout New Zealand's south island for a week...one of my friends decided to assign everyone a story to sum up the trip...

Tom chased sheep
Arjay got high
Chandler fell a lot

:cry:

AND I DIDN'T EVEN FALL THAT MUCH?? We hiked over slippery rocks to get to a waterfall we found and I didn't fall once!! Falling is just my thing I guess.

her-space-holiday

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...I don't even want to talk about it.

ok, I'll give you one. You're gonna judge me but it's okay because I judge myself.

I stapled my own hand once with an industrial stapler. There's a story behind it, but long story short, there were two staplers, one of which did not work. I was a member of the costume dept for a staged production and we were using it to dress the set - I was holding the shitty one, looking for the alternative so I could go work on another set that happened to have restricted access. I only mention this because I had two coworkers who worked as techs who wanted to see the other set and were going to tag along with me while I went and did something or other, we were good friends and they were being super obnoxious and impatient and kept asking why I didn't just use the one in my hand.

In a moment of frustration I flung my hands up, and for some stupid fucking reason(for the hundreth time) I said "This one doesn't work!" and I guess just to make a point I punctuated the sentence..by stapling my hand. I didn't mean to do that, it was just an impulsive flourish haha.

At first I was really humiliated and dumbfounded by my stupidity that I didn't even feel it, so I turned my back to them and stared at my hand(it was smack dab in the middle of my hand stigmata style), then I got so happy that it worked that I ran to find the wardrobe supervisor in the next room and told her with tears in my eyes, that I found a stapler that finally worked.

I don't even want to talk to you guys about my car, my keys, my phone(where IS it?! gahh), or any of the other stuff because..yeah.
It was really embarrassing.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I went to Lowes to pick up doorknobs for our new closet. I picked out what I wanted on the model wall, but couldn't really figure out which drawer had the knob I wanted. I started opening randomly to check, but knew there had to be a better way. I started reading the tiny labels for the model number but there didn't seem to be any sort of order. I stood there for a while, debated getting some help when I uhh...finally figured it out.

12558652_1673239409620214_1959210866_n.jpg

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I went to Lowes to pick up doorknobs for our new closet. I picked out what I wanted on the model wall, but couldn't really figure out which drawer had the knob I wanted. I started opening randomly to check, but knew there had to be a better way. I started reading the tiny labels for the model number but there didn't seem to be any sort of order. I stood there for a while, debated getting some help when I uhh...finally figured it out.

12558652_1673239409620214_1959210866_n.jpg

Ya, I'll be completely honest, I totally didn't realize the handles and knobs were represented by the actual drawer pulls either... I didn't notice for a while after reading your comment. It suddenly just clicked just as when looking at one of those images that are two things in one and depending on your perspective you'll see one or the other. Ugh! I probably have tons of sensortard moments myself. This is such a funny thread haha.

CDH15

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have moments where I will say, "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY (insert personal belonging)", then realize the aforementioned object is in one of my pockets.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I walked around where I work for over 15 minutes looking for a pair of glasses that I had hung on the top of my shirt. I asked two people if they had seen my glasses, and neither of them noticed that the glasses were on my shirt.

I'm just that way, over all. My approach to everything real is intuitive. I feel so cognitively lazy.

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ENTP daughter was playing piano. For some time she was struggling until at last I said to her, "don't you think it'd be easier without that umbrella lying over the keys?" she looked up. "Umbrella?" :laugh:

I didn't quite get what happened here, but that was surely some sensotardation!
Would you care to explain?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm not sure if It's sensotardation or just pure lack of logic, but I regularly misread or get things wrong at my job/jobs.

Most recently I misread Hixon as Hixton and made a cock-up of a delivery.

At the retail job it's just an endless line of minute mistakes i make that piss everyone off. I think it's getting worse :ohmy:.

I'd have a really comfortable life if I learned not to give a shit. On the other hand giving a shit keeps me firing on neuroticism so I can keep surviving in our trapped world of finance.