• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I got home last night, got changed in my room, opened the curtains, went downstairs. Quoth my father, "It's nice to have the scaffolding gone." Me: "...it's gone?"

There's been scaffolding on the front of our house for the last fortnight. You have to duck under the bars to get to the front door. It's right outside my bedroom window, whose curtains I opened when I got home. Yet still, somehow, I didn't realise that it wasn't there anymore. :doh:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My library decided to have its storytime outside in the nearby park today and I had to direct parents and their children there and I could not remember the name of the park even though I've passed by it hundreds of times.

W

WhoCares

i am forever picking items up around my house and moving them without having anything except the vaguest impression of having touched the object. Little dramas are rife in my life where I cannot find these objects because I knew I saw it two days ago and have no idea where it went after that. Until this moment I never once connected that to a lack of sensing function.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I go to my local library all the time. My sister was going to meet me there and asked what color the building was. I told her it was a grayish brick building. I looked when I got there and it is actually a red brick building with a non-brick, grayish-white entrance.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have one of my mom: She's all like oh so you finally moved the tv, to my dad. when it had been moved for 3 days and she even watched a movie with me one it the first day it was moved. for myself I can't think of any.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Looking for the keys at my friends shop so I could open the glass cabinet for him, so that he could show me a model he had painted.

After a bit he just walked past me, put his hand out and opened the cabinet by a little metal lip which caused the whole front of the cabinet to just swing out.

"Oh" I said. He couldn't stop laughing. And in fact neither could I! :D

Not sure if that's a sensotard moment or just a tard moment.

ps: Cheers to [MENTION=8074]Seymour[/MENTION] for pointing out another sensotard moment of my misspelling of the word 'cabinet' ahahaa.

The idea that my friend owns not only a glass CABIN but an unlocked and completely insecured cabin is hilarious.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sensotards are AWESOME :)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Looking for the light switch on the wrong wall, fumbling around for it, then staring at the apparently blank wall and wondering where the hell the switch went!

Then I also realize that the lights were already on anyway.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
Yesterday while making a delivery i had to pull over half way to the house to open the door and get the bag that was on the roof of my car.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
today in the shower, i almost used shampoo as soap, but caught myself at the last second and realized what i was doing. what's really bad is i don't use body wash but instead a bar so i don't know how i got it confused.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
today in the shower, i almost used shampoo as soap, but caught myself at the last second and realized what i was doing. what's really bad is i don't use body wash but instead a bar so i don't know how i got it confused.

Gah, I accidentally tried to wash my hair with facial cleanser before..

They have a dual hair/body wash for men, they should have something like this for sensortard women, it'd make life easier.

MBTI Type
Mann
Gah, I accidentally tried to wash my hair with facial cleanser before..

They have a dual hair/body wash for men, they should have something like this for sensortard women, it'd make life easier.

Try showering with the lights off. It makes you more aware :D

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Try showering with the lights off. It makes you more aware :D

I'd probably get lost and not be able to find the water. I do that even with the lights on but without lights it would be worse.

I'm horrible without lights which is ironic because my vision isn't very good anyway. But without lights I go from "what is that blurry thing?" to "AUGH WHERE DID THE WORLD GO? HALP MEH!" *runs into wall*

MBTI Type
Mann
no.. trust me, just. no.

..my friends don't call me ''jinx'' for nothing.

I'd probably get lost and not be able to find the water. I do that even with the lights on but without lights it would be worse.

I'm horrible without lights which is ironic because my vision isn't very good anyway. But without lights I go from "what is that blurry thing?" to "AUGH WHERE DID THE WORLD GO? HALP MEH!" *runs into wall*

Hrmmmm. Maybe I should start giving sensor classes. *considers the thread possibilities*

gromit

likes this
I stood up at the rest area on megabus and whacked my head on a low portion of the ceiling. Head aches now.

very_odd_guy

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
?
Some moments:
I walked into a huge post while I was explaining to a friend that I need stronger glasses. :blush:
I had finished my thesis saved it on my memory stick and went to show it to my instructor. I proudly said to her it was ready, put hand in my pocket to just to find out that I left my memory stick at home.

In general:
I'm a horrible driver. Don't worry, I wont drive where I feel my or others security threatened.
The amount of glassware I broke in organic chemistry lab was enormous. My skills in that area are little bit better now. It is funny how I finally majored in the super precise chemistry field aka analytical chemistry. :huh:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My moment today:

Rifling through my bag in a dim room for my migraine meds*, only to almost eat a sedative I just picked up for my cat the other day [for the flight]. :doh:

Almost.

*(migraine sparked up shortly after I caught Jack eating the almost all of the other cat's prescribed lysine supplements/treats- had to call the vet to check for possible overdose as per instructions in the Warnings on the back [that fat little shit is fine])

..fuckin' cats.

I

Infinite Bubble

Today I put an empty yogurt pot on the side, and the spoon in the bin. I also keep catching my sleeve on door handles as I walk past. The chances!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
So I just did the dumbest thing today. I'm usually a ditz in my chemistry lab class, but today was an exceptionally bad day. I don't know if I'm just really absent minded or what, but I always manage to screw everything up. If it weren't for my lab partner, I have no idea how I would do the procedures.

Here is a summary of my screw-ups today.
1. I set up the assignment backwards and started the reaction without realizing it. We had to start over again.
2. I poured water all down the front of me.
3. This one is the kicker and my absolute worst one yet. I dumped about 10mL 9M hydrochloric acid onto the floor by mistake. At 9M this is very concentrated and essentially approx 30% of the solution is hydrocloric acid (and has a pH of approx -1 -- highly acidic). This is probably the highest concentration we've used so far. But that isn't it. I didn't spill it because someone bumped into me or my hand slipped. No. The acid was sitting in a buret (think tall, skinny container) we were using. I picked up the buret and dumped it over my shoulder (but I don't think it got on me) onto the floor because I forgot it still had liquid in it. Yeah, that's right. I essentially just threw it on the floor like an idiot. And guess what? I was terrified of getting in trouble (the professor is not the most understanding), so I just wiped it up with paper towels because no one noticed what I did. I did tell my lab partner, though. She must think I am retarded! :alttongue: I used my shoes to move the paper towels around and when I bent down to pick them up, the smell burned my nose. I was freaking out a good while after, afraid it would burn my shoes or something, but I'm calm now. In the back of my mind, I'm still afraid someone will find out and I'll get punished. I have no idea if that stuff will do anything to the floor or someone else's shoes. Not to mention the smell will likely be noticed if someone leans near the floor.

Seriously, I have no idea why the hell I do stuff like this.