• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

D

Dali

Ah, there are two types of phone-related sensotardation with which I'm normally inflicted.

- I'll often start to call someone on my phone and then get distracted by another task and place my phone on the desk (usually happens at work) and only remember when the person hanged up and called me back or I heard a disembodied 'hello?' coming from the phone.

- I'll remember that I have to call X, Z & D and call one of them - Z, for instance - and forget who I called then start off addressing them as X.

Both only happen when I'm snowed under at work, or running lots of errands. So, often.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'll believe you, because I don't have much of a choice, but... I'll just have to forget you said this in order to keep my view of order and sanity in the world. :horor:

Honestly, that post, specifically because of the bolded, sounds like fiction. Maybe that was your idea of humor, in the context of the rest of it.

Some things, of course, like Elfboy's post above, sound realistic. I've done that plenty of times before. But others...

I do that sometimes, the phone call thing....All phones don't give u the ID, and you're not thinking of looking on it. I can't talk on the phone and type at the same time. One has to give, and it's usually the person on the phone.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
u ever put the food garbage in the fridge, and throw the leftovers away? I've done that like twice. LOL. I go looking for my food and all I see is a dirty plate and bones..............

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
*shameless thread necromancy*

I love this thread, it makes me feel normal! :D Things like this happen to me almost daily, even if it's only having to lock the door three times because I've forgotten that I did so five seconds ago, or getting into the shower still wearing something, or going to do something and then completely forgetting what it was. I drive my probably-ESFJ mum crazy. She doesn't really believe me when I tell her that I "didn't notice" the pile of laundry on the stairs, or the note on the table, or the fact that I have ten used cups on my desk, or that I actually don't know what I did with the thing I was holding ten seconds ago...

One of my "better" moments involved going downstairs to make some tea. Successfully made a cup of tea, went to find book. Somewhere along the line, the tea vanished. I spent about half an hour looking for it, before giving up and making myself another cup. Four hours later I found the original cup of tea. In the fridge. I have no recollection of putting it in the fridge. I was home alone, so it must have been me. Why? Why is the tea in the fridge? I don't understand :huh:

LEGERdeMAIN

Last week I was washing clothes and I threw a pile of dirty clothes in the dryer, freshly dried clothes in washer and wet clothes in the basket lolol, omg, toooootal fail

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I love this thread, it makes me feel normal! :D Things like this happen to me almost daily, even if it's only having to lock the door three times because I've forgotten that I did so five seconds ago, or getting into the shower still wearing something, or going to do something and then completely forgetting what it was. I drive my probably-ESFJ mum crazy. She doesn't really believe me when I tell her that I "didn't notice" the pile of laundry on the stairs, or the note on the table, or the fact that I have ten used cups on my desk, or that I actually don't know what I did with the thing I was holding ten seconds ago...

@ bolded: Hehe, yep, I've had similar arguments with my mother. She flat-out does not believe that I don't notice some of the things I don't notice. She used to actually say to me, "You do so. How could you not notice? Are you blind/deaf??"

Anyways, last notable example of my obliviousness: I went into the downstairs freezer in the laundry room to get some frozen berries for a smoothie. I had to take some things out to reach them. Got my berries, went upstairs and had my smoothie, and didn't find out until the next day that I'd left some frozen meat out. It was on the water softener and I'd walked right past it. I'd ruined maybe about $30 worth of meat. Yuck.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
What good timing on this thread ... I had a Te / Se fail today ... I looked at the picture instructions 3 times to put up a new closet door and I still did it wrong. Wrecked one half of the door too, so I had to go buy another set.

It was a stupid picture anyway, I don't think that's my fault there. But then when I actually READ the written instructions, I could only slap myself on the head because it was SO OBVIOUS.

*sigh*

Usehername

On a mission
Anyways, last notable example of my obliviousness: I went into the downstairs freezer in the laundry room to get some frozen berries for a smoothie. I had to take some things out to reach them. Got my berries, went upstairs and had my smoothie, and didn't find out until the next day that I'd left some frozen meat out. It was on the water softener and I'd walked right past it. I'd ruined maybe about $30 worth of meat. Yuck.

It will just magically get better when you move out, at least for things that cost money. Those moments happen far less frequently when you pay for your own groceries.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
It will just magically get better when you move out, at least for things that cost money. Those moments happen far less frequently when you pay for your own groceries.

I had bought what I'd ruined myself. Who knows, maybe it won't happen again.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
@ bolded: Hehe, yep, I've had similar arguments with my mother. She flat-out does not believe that I don't notice some of the things I don't notice. She used to actually say to me, "You do so. How could you not notice? Are you blind/deaf??"

That's like Me- I left my Foreman Grill on- for 2 days straight. I used it one Sunday night and didn't realize it was on until Tuesday night. I walked over near it and felt the heat....I was so thankful my place didn't burn down.

LEGERdeMAIN

That's like Me- I left my Foreman Grill on- for 2 days straight. I used it one Sunday night and didn't realize it was on until Tuesday night. I walked over near it and felt the heat....I was so thankful my place didn't burn down.

lulz, I do this so often. Mostly with coffee makers and burners and fans and other things with plugs.

i'm such a sensortard, lollolollolololololloloololol

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Accidentally sending texts to wrong people...worse when I accidentally fail to distinguish between different people with the same name.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Lies!

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love this thread! I can relate to so many things....

Yesterday, my dad's family was gathered in my grandmother's house to divide up things in her apartment (she just died). My aunt (ESFJ) asked if anyone wanted this big standing lamp in the living room. I went over to check it out and turned the knob to turn it on because I wanted to see how much light it gave off and wondered why it wasn't turning on. After my aunt burst out laughing, I realized that it was in the middle of the room and clearly had the cord wrapped around it and was nowhere near an outlet. She told everyone what happened and they all teased me (good-naturedly). It was the only time that day that anyone seemed happy, so at least my cluelessness served a purpose :)

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hubbie: You know that drug store they just demolished?
Me: What drug store?
Hubbie: You know, the drug store on Church Street?
Me: Nope, sorry.
Hubbie: You walk by it every single day. You walked by it WHILE construction was going on. Every day.
Me: Nope. Doesn't ring a bell...

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*shameless thread necromancy*
Four hours later I found the original cup of tea. In the fridge. I have no recollection of putting it in the fridge. I was home alone, so it must have been me. Why? Why is the tea in the fridge? I don't understand :huh:

I often find my writing utensils in the fridge.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being a sensotard is fun because you don't need to think about anything like the intuitards but rather get to act the clownish fool!