• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
:( Yes. I don't like driving so I avoid it. The power you have to kill people with is scary.

I did it 2x that I remember, but if I have to think about it- I usually hit the wrong one. It's very natural in the subconscious. It's wierd.

F

figsfiggyfigs

My life is a sensotard moment.

I've probably written this in here before.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I once got kicked out of an exam room because I suddenly couldn't find my pencil (that I had purchased earlier that day). The proctor told me to go ask people in a different class for one. The only one I could get was extremely small. I did the whole exam with possibly the smallest pencil I've ever used. This whole time my pencil was in my pocket.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to be a sensotard...but I kicked that out of my system to an extent.

My mom has them a lot. She'll be like 'WHERE ARE MY KEYS?!' and wave them around in her hand. I just like to see how long it takes her to see that they actually are in her hand...she does this a lot, and the longest recorded time was 5 minutes. :laugh:

I remember I failed some classes because I'd go to school thinking 'okay, I just have to turn in this assignment, then the rest of the day will be a breeze...I just have to remember not to lose the assignment worth half of the class grade.' I left every single one of them at home, except one, which I left on the bus.

N

NPcomplete

I live in a house with really strong N's and well, let's just say that there are times when looking for stuff turns into a full-blown quest for the holy grail that we may or may not find. Sometimes, we even forget what we were looking for..

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've done that...have keys in hand and I'm tearing up the place looking for them.

Best ever is while I'm nursing my son and I yell at everyone else, "WHERE'S THE BABY?!"

:huh:

psynite

MBTI Type
INTx
I have one everytime i'm listening to my ipod with the earbuds. I take one out to hear what someone is saying and then when im trying to put it back in, I forget which ear doesnt have one! I often try and put it in the wrong ear....I just hope to god that no one is watching me very carefully!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I have become slightly compulsive with my items because I lose them constantly. I've left the keys to my house in the lock, I'm not afraid of anything bad happening! I've left the garage door open all night, I've left the door to the gargage open all night. My wallet as of now is in my car... Or I hope it. I should find that.

Sometimes I forget if I have anything on my head, like a hat. I just get out of contact with my body. I constantly hit my head on dishes at work. I'm tall and forgetful.

Found it.

psynite

MBTI Type
INTx
Sometimes I forget if I have anything on my head, like a hat. I just get out of contact with my body. I constantly hit my head on dishes at work. I'm tall and forgetful.

Found it.

I'm very much the same. I often forget where my body is in relation to static objects, which results in me clipping my knee or shoulder into doorways, desks, etc. like a malfunctioning robot.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
If I were to write a book about them, it would be longer than the Harry Potter series.

But the most frequent ones are related to physical issues. I spend so much time inside my head that I become completely unaware of my surroundings.

I often can be oblivious of the weather, to the point that I realize I should be wearing a coat in the moment I get to a meeting place, and my friends start giving me weird looks.

Being unaware of physical needs, especially food and sleep, for a long time. I pay no mind to "physical signals", until I have a headache so strong that it leaves me numb, or I when I feel like fainting.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OMG. When will I learn. When I'm in the shower, why am I ALWAYS accidentally putting hair conditioner in my hair when I meant to pick up the bottle of shampoo? Or vice versa.

I have become slightly compulsive with my items because I lose them constantly. I've left the keys to my house in the lock, I'm not afraid of anything bad happening! I've left the garage door open all night, I've left the door to the gargage open all night. My wallet as of now is in my car... Or I hope it. I should find that.

Found it.

You commit my biggest fears. I'd have a heart attack living with you. :laugh: I'm always compulsively checking to make sure my keys are with me, and haven't been left on the keyhole of my front door... hasn't happened yet, but never say never. I didn't expect that I'd slip up and leave my computer adaptor plugged in all night either, but I did. :angry:

N

NPcomplete

Ooh I remember another one: we did leave the garage door open during the whole day once. I remember going out at some point and not seeing the white thing (door) but shrugged it off and kept on doing whatever I was doing. It's only much much later that I noticed that the garage door was still open with the house keys still in the lock. My dad (INTP) got a long lecture from my mom (ENFJ) that day (although she hadn't noticed it either).

Another thing I've noticed is that I'm "blind" to most things that have been around for a long long time. So I never notice sharp edges, for example, and it's only afterwards that I find bruises/wounds on myself..

R

ReflecTcelfeR

mrcockburn;1415142/ said:
You commit my biggest fears. I'd have a heart attack living with you. :laugh: I'm always compulsively checking to make sure my keys are with me, and haven't been left on the keyhole of my front door... hasn't happened yet, but never say never. I didn't expect that I'd slip up and leave my computer adaptor plugged in all night either, but I did. :angry:

Hahaha, I've gotten a little bit better. Yeah, I leave electronics on all the time. I'm surprised my X-box360 still works. I'm constantly forgetting about that. The saddest thing is I've done much worse... I drove 3 hours to find out that my wallet fell out of my pocket at my orignal destination. Someone picked it up and was nice enough to call me dad. That was fun!

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Another thing I've noticed is that I'm "blind" to most things that have been around for a long long time. So I never notice sharp edges, for example, and it's only afterwards that I find bruises/wounds on myself..

Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

This happens to me too. But those who get to see the bruises have a hard time believing that I run into things most of the time. They think I'm into BDSM or that I pick fights constantly.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Found it.

Yeah, I am anal about where I keep certain objects. It's really a means of compensating for my weakness of being naturally absent minded and forgetful. By having a set place where I put certain things like keys, I minimize the frequency of losing them. This method has helped. There are times where I still goof up- leave the keys in my pocket and forget to put them back on the key ring but I do it much less often than I used to.

I'm also bad about leaving doors open that should be shut. Like my apartment door, my car door, my fridge, my door to my mailbox, my locker door, etc. I'm surprised that no one ever robs my stuff since I've put myself at great risk. Probably because I own the nerdy type of possessions no one else wants. :shrug:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I tried that. I would put necessary objects in logical places, but they weren't the usual places that I look and so I end up losing them until I realize where they should be (logically).

More moments. I left my car door wide open for I'd say 45 minutes or so at my school in the parking lot, right after school. Nothing was stolen. I've done that twice.

N

NPcomplete

Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

This happens to me too. But those who get to see the bruises have a hard time believing that I run into things most of the time. They think I'm into BDSM or that I pick fights constantly.

That's hilarious and sad at the same time. I remember at the beginning of my internship program, people used to be worried for me because they thought I was miserable and was cutting myself. Then they started to get to know me a little better and saw what a mass of clumsiness I am.

A

A window to the soul

Whenever I trim the holly and boxwood hedges in my yard, I cut right through the $50 extension cord. It happens every year!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Let's say you have to grab a few items, like deoderant, chapstick and shampoo- and while trying to decide what shampoo to buy you put the chapstick in your pocket. You finally decide on your shampoo, go up to pay for the shampoo and deoderant, and realize way later- like 2 hours that you had chapstick in your pocket you never paid for?