• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Many times if I am reading something and it either bores me or I'm just too busy thinking of something else I can be "reading" the book until I stop and notice that I don't remember anything I had been reading for the past half hour. I'm actually reading the book and saying the words in my head, but my thoughts are focused entirely somewhere different while I'm doing it. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Yep. It happens to me a good bit.

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
For some reason I suck at transitioning from one task to the other.

One second I'll be thinking, "Right. And after I finish task C, I'm going to start on task D." No sooner do I say that, I finish task C, I turn around and think, "........ what was I going to do next??!?"

I do something like that at times. I'll sit down to do something and all of a sudden, the very thing I was going to do pops out of my head.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
WOAH! You can do that? *looks* There it is! Wow!

Me too! ... I normally wouldn't have added to this, but it was just under the above post and so it was conveniently placed for me to do a double-quote!

There's... a multiquote button... well I found it right after yeu said this... I hadn't even realized it existed XD

Thanks? XD

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
I get bored with the mundane and forget to pay my cable bill for three months until they disconnect my internet.

The mundane, everyday sensing aspects of life are boring to me, as well. To give an example, I once neglected to pay a credit card bill for several weeks after the due date because I didn't remember getting the bill. As it turns out, I had gotten it but had just put it aside and didn't remember doing it.

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Ha, ha, I know exactly what you mean! Every morning I wake up and think: "Why do I have to go throught this whole tedious business of getting ready again? Every day, shower, brush teeth, shave, get dressed, eat breakfast, feed the pets - it's exhausting!"

Especially since you just did it the day before--and are going to do it again the next day! :cheese:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Domino Prints a Coupon For Her Mother

1. Ready to print.
2. Printer is unplugged.
3. Dom unplugs the DSL by accident.
4. Resets DSL. Miraculously does not blank coupon.
5. Realizes all outlets are taken.
6. Goes off to get extension cord.
7. Realizes they have been neatly stored by Jaye in a plastic tub. At the top of the washroom shelves.
8. Goes off to get stepladder.
9. Returns. Climbs up. Sets cooler on washing machine.
10. Opens giant plastic tub. Rummages about. Extracts cord.
11. Climbs down precariously in fuzzy house slippers. Manages not to die.
12. Goes back to printer.
13. Stares in disbelief at three-pronged plug. Stares in disbelief in two-pronged extension cord.
14. Grumbles.
15. Goes back to washroom. Reclimbs ladder. Rummages around for another cord. Huge heavy duty cord attempts to kill. Dom fights back. Narrowly wins.
16. Climbs down even more precariously in fuzzy house slippers. Manages not to die.
17. Plugs in printer.
18. Attempts to print coupon. Is forced to download coupon printer.
19. Grumbles.
20. Finally prints coupon for impatiently tap-dancing mother who wanted to go to the store about 20 steps ago.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not to brag but, my sensing abilities are almost as prominent as my intuitive abilities. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Talents are different from Preferences.

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Not to brag but, my sensing abilities are almost as prominent as my intuitive abilities. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Talents are different from Preferences.

...says the person who hasn't noticed the meteor flying toward them to smite them for their bragging...

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
only thing I do that's sensortard is misplace things, like my keys, glasses, headphones and extension cords.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Domino Prints a Coupon For Her Mother

1. Ready to print.
2. Printer is unplugged.
3. Dom unplugs the DSL by accident.
4. Resets DSL. Miraculously does not blank coupon.
5. Realizes all outlets are taken.
6. Goes off to get extension cord.
7. Realizes they have been neatly stored by Jaye in a plastic tub. At the top of the washroom shelves.
8. Goes off to get stepladder.
9. Returns. Climbs up. Sets cooler on washing machine.
10. Opens giant plastic tub. Rummages about. Extracts cord.
11. Climbs down precariously in fuzzy house slippers. Manages not to die.
12. Goes back to printer.
13. Stares in disbelief at three-pronged plug. Stares in disbelief in two-pronged extension cord.
14. Grumbles.
15. Goes back to washroom. Reclimbs ladder. Rummages around for another cord. Huge heavy duty cord attempts to kill. Dom fights back. Narrowly wins.
16. Climbs down even more precariously in fuzzy house slippers. Manages not to die.
17. Plugs in printer.
18. Attempts to print coupon. Is forced to download coupon printer.
19. Grumbles.
20. Finally prints coupon for impatiently tap-dancing mother who wanted to go to the store about 20 steps ago.

A 2-pronged extension cord can still be used in a 3-pronged electrical outlet, am I right? As I read down your list, I kept waiting for you to say, "Realized I could have used original extension cord."

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can we sticky this thread?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really love to read these things. I did a few of these things here, such becoming "blind" to items that remain in the same place indefinitely, and my ESFJ mother used to always SCREAM at me about how "abnormal" and "oblivious" I was. Either that or scream at me about "obviously not caring, otherwise I'd have noticed".

This NEEDS to be stickied. No, duplicated. And then stickied in both the NF AND NT fora. Or the general Meyers Briggs forum.

My most recent sensotard moments:

I attend a yearly event for an academic organization...I showed up on the wrong day...because I had referred to LAST year's brochure by mistake, and the two brochures looked IDENTICAL. :steam: I literally didn't notice the "2009" vs the "2010".

I'm *always* bumping my hips into things.

On that note, when I wear jeans, stupid hooks on the wall are always grabbing the loops of my jeans. This REALLY pisses me off for some reason.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My finest moment:

High school. It's been raining, well, pouring in buckets, actually, since early morning. School lets out and I run home. Completely soaked from top to bottom after 20 minutes of running in the rain, I enter my house. And my mother goes: "Where the hell is your raincoat? And your umbrella?"

I had left both at the school. I passed by them as I was running out. I didn't even notice nor remember them. Idiot.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
once took the tv remote control to work thinking it was my phone. they're not similarly shaped. i realised when i pulled it out of my bag because i needed to make a call.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hahaha, I always take the remote with me when I leave the room shortly, leaving the remote then anywhere else in the house. I already thought about equipping vital items, like remote, glasses or lighter with music boxes to make sounds when gone missing. This will need me to build another remote tho and I already know what will happen to the emergency remote :/

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, things I've done in the past few weeks:

-after taking some, put the (delicious and new) ice cream away in the fridge and didn't notice until the next day when it was melted and completely ruined. :( :(
-making KD (mac n cheese for you americans), wasn't thinking and after pouring the noodles into boiling water, opened the cheese packet and poured it in. Yes, I know how to make it properly and have made it all too many times before. Yes, it makes a horrible mess and ruins everything. Yes, I have actually done this before.
-forgot my glasses at home today, making it extremely difficult to do computer work (which I have to do today). I bring them every day so it should be a routine by now. :doh:

And of course the things that I'm used to since I've done them my whole life

-losing important things like my work badge I need to get into work (yesterday and still lost)
-misplacing groceries, random things everywhere
-forgetting the laundry in the washer or dryer forever (well a few days)
-washing lots of important things or money after forgetting to check my pockets
-bashing into things as I walk around, so much that I can't remember ever not having bruises all over my shins, knees and sometimes elswhere.
-many more unfortunately

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

-after taking some, put the (delicious and new) ice cream away in the fridge and didn't notice until the next day when it was melted and completely ruined. :( :(
-making KD (mac n cheese for you americans), wasn't thinking and after pouring the noodles into boiling water, opened the cheese packet and poured it in. Yes, I know how to make it properly and have made it all too many times before. Yes, it makes a horrible mess and ruins everything. Yes, I have actually done this before.
-forgot my glasses at home today, making it extremely difficult to do computer work (which I have to do today). I bring them every day so it should be a routine by now. :doh:

-losing important things like my work badge I need to get into work (yesterday and still lost)
-bashing into things as I walk around, so much that I can't remember ever not having bruises all over my shins, knees and sometimes elswhere.
-constantly losing umbrellas. I've kept this one longer than usually purely because I keep leaving it on the bus and nice people shout after me (probably 75% of the times I take it anywhere on the bus).
-many more unfortunately

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

-constantly losing umbrellas. I've kept this one longer than usually purely because I keep leaving it on the bus and nice people shout after me (probably 75% of the times I take it anywhere on the bus).
-many more unfortunately

Coming from...a sensor? *suspicious sniffing*

Welcome to the club! I'd give you your welcome basket, but I lost it...

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Looking for my cellphone.......not realizing I was using it for a call. It was wedged between my ear and shoulder.

I was walking to the cafeteria at work. I had a balled up napkin in one hand and some letters to mail in my other. The trash can and the mailbox are right next to each other. I proceed to put the napkin into the mailbox and my mail into the trash. My ENFJ boy looks at me in disbelief. Fortunately he was there to catch it. Of course he told our whole team.

I do that a lot, though LOL- taking 2 things and putting them back in the wrong places. Like the one time I put the milk in the cabinet and the cereal in the fridge. Nice........