• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
My ENTP daughter was playing piano. For some time she was struggling until at last I said to her, "don't you think it'd be easier without that umbrella lying over the keys?" she looked up. "Umbrella?" :laugh:

I was struggling to read a newspaper yesterday, when my ESFJ daughter came in the room, switched on the light and said "Why are you reading in the dark?" and i was like, "ah, I thought it was more difficult than usual... I was contemplating cleaning my glasses, but..." :blush:

Any other amusing anecdotes of sensotardation? :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Sometimes I try to type with my mouse cord laying across the keyboard, and I don't think about it for quite a while. It doesn't really work out well.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I forget to brush my hair. For days. Even when I shampoo it. Still don't brush it.

I'm one big walking Sensotard moment. It's hard to pick just one.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sometimes I try to type with my mouse cord laying across the keyboard, and I don't think about it for quite a while. It doesn't really work out well.

yeah I've done that a few times too...

Pink - that's why whenever mine gets long enough to tangle, I buzz it! :laugh:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Can't count the number of times I've rummaged through my purse, looking for my keys, when I was already holding my keys.

If something lies in the same place long enough, I won't see it anymore. It just becomes a blindspot, even when I'm looking for it.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
If something lies in the same place long enough, I won't see it anymore. It just becomes a blindspot, even when I'm looking for it.

OMFG that is soooo me tooooo!! :doh:

Actually my INTJ the other day had quite a funny Sensotard moment. He was pacing up and down his office mumbling something about stupid people not being able to put stupid things back where they stupid found them, and I came in. "What gives?" I said. "Someone's run off with my stupid stylus for my stupid Nintendo DS!" said he. "What's that in your mouth?" said I. ":blush:" said INTJ, and suddenly realized he'd been chewing it for the last hour whilst he was typing a letter.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've brushed my teeth, then said, wet toothbrush in hand, "Ok! Time to brush my teeth!"

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I drove to work, and realized I forgot my car. *badum tschhh!*

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, I do a lot of crazy, stupid shit - but how do I know if it's because of a weak I, weak S, weak T, weak J, or just a weak mind???? :blush:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay, I do a lot of crazy, stupid shit - but how do I know if it's because of a weak I, weak S, weak T, weak J, or just a weak mind???? :blush:

Well, if it's something that would've involved your actual senses working properly in order for you to notice/not make the error, then it's a sensotard moment. See above :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ROFL!!!
*catalogue of similar incidents springs to mind*

It got so flaming hot in the garage one day, we were literally melting. We kept pulling down the overhead hoses and dousing ourselves just to stay upright and conscious. It was almost unbearable. During break, I was totally out of it and tired, sitting on a steel table with my ISTJ friend Gypsy. She was fanning her shirt, saying, "It's SO hot..." and something in my brain said, "yes, yes it is... fix this..." and I started to take my shirt off. She grabbed my arms, barked, "Pink! Snap out of it!" I stared at her stupidly, like "What?" Suddenly, I realized I had my shirt halfway off. Yikes! We both sat there laughing, and she said, "Don't think it didn't cross MY mind.... I don't care WHAT the boys see... I'm too hot to care..."

:huh: That would have been unpleasant and damaging to my reputation.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I often misuse the word "literally" as well. Total sensotard me.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
OMFG that is soooo me tooooo!! :doh:

Actually my INTJ the other day had quite a funny Sensotard moment. He was pacing up and down his office mumbling something about stupid people not being able to put stupid things back where they stupid found them, and I came in. "What gives?" I said. "Someone's run off with my stupid stylus for my stupid Nintendo DS!" said he. "What's that in your mouth?" said I. ":blush:" said INTJ, and suddenly realized he'd been chewing it for the last hour whilst he was typing a letter.

LOLOL! That is great! And would totally happen to me, too.

I've brushed my teeth, then said, wet toothbrush in hand, "Ok! Time to brush my teeth!"

Yup, or I'll forget how far I am into the showering process and have to start completely over because I was daydreaming.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I drove to work, and realized I forgot my car. *badum tschhh!*

Actually I know an INTP who got half way to work once before realizing he had no pants on... seriously... damn good thing he left for work so early in the morning nobody else was around to notice!!

I once spent all day wondering why my head hurt so much before passing a neighbour on the communal staircase, who asked me if I'd heard that car alarm going off all day outside the window...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yup, or I'll forget how far I am into the showering process and have to start completely over because I was daydreaming.

Ever have the water run cold doing that? :D Me too!

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Things that are in the same place for a long time become invisible. For example, if I've had a box in my room for a long time I won't notice it, even if it's in the way. I just know something's in my way, but I won't think about moving it.

Once I looked for my backpack while it was on my back.

I was talking on the phone with a friend the other day and announced:
"Damn, I can't find my cellphone"

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Actually I know an INTP who got half way to work once before realizing he had no pants on... seriously... damn good thing he left for work so early in the morning nobody else was around to notice!
That's pretty crazy. I'm not so sure that was an N thing, maybe a "sex criminal" thing.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Things that are in the same place for a long time become invisible. For example, if I've had a box in my room for a long time I won't notice it, even if it's in the way. I just know something's in my way, but I won't think about moving it.

Once I looked for my backpack while it was on my back.

I was talking on the phone with a friend the other day and announced:
"Damn, I can't find my cellphone"

Yes! This!

And for some reason, my ENFP twin doesn't seem to nearly so crippled by this phenomenon.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
That's pretty crazy. I'm not so sure that was an N thing, maybe a "sex criminal" thing.

Haha, no he had boxers on, y'know, those ones that are kinda like short pants so it wasn't obscene or anything. I'm just amazed he didn't notice the cold either because it was a winter's day, must've been about -2°C outside.