User Tag List

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast

Thread: Sensotard moments

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Dispenser View Post
    I tripped over my laptop charger epically today.
    Being for real...one time I fell and my friends claimed it was literally like watching someone fall in slow motion. I can't remember where because it was when I was abroad in New Zealand, but I kind of wish I could've seen it happen from a 3rd person perspective. I think it was because I knew what was happening in the moment so I tried to stop it...but physics and gravity were having none of that.

Also when my friends and I roadtripped throughout New Zealand's south island for a week...one of my friends decided to assign everyone a story to sum up the trip...

Tom chased sheep
    Arjay got high
    Chandler fell a lot

AND I DIDN'T EVEN FALL THAT MUCH?? We hiked over slippery rocks to get to a waterfall we found and I didn't fall once!! Falling is just my thing I guess.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Masokissed, Enthusiastic_Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    i stubbed my toe on a chair today SO OBVIOUSLY I'M NOT ESFP OK???
    lol
    INFP
    4w3-5w6-9w8 so/sx
    EII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

...I don't even want to talk about it.

ok, I'll give you one. You're gonna judge me but it's okay because I judge myself.

I stapled my own hand once with an industrial stapler. There's a story behind it, but long story short, there were two staplers, one of which did not work. I was a member of the costume dept for a staged production and we were using it to dress the set - I was holding the shitty one, looking for the alternative so I could go work on another set that happened to have restricted access. I only mention this because I had two coworkers who worked as techs who wanted to see the other set and were going to tag along with me while I went and did something or other, we were good friends and they were being super obnoxious and impatient and kept asking why I didn't just use the one in my hand.

In a moment of frustration I flung my hands up, and for some stupid fucking reason(for the hundreth time) I said "This one doesn't work!" and I guess just to make a point I punctuated the sentence..by stapling my hand. I didn't mean to do that, it was just an impulsive flourish haha.

At first I was really humiliated and dumbfounded by my stupidity that I didn't even feel it, so I turned my back to them and stared at my hand(it was smack dab in the middle of my hand stigmata style), then I got so happy that it worked that I ran to find the wardrobe supervisor in the next room and told her with tears in my eyes, that I found a stapler that finally worked.

I don't even want to talk to you guys about my car, my keys, my phone(where IS it?! gahh), or any of the other stuff because..yeah.
    It was really embarrassing.
    Likes senza tema liked this post

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

I went to Lowes to pick up doorknobs for our new closet. I picked out what I wanted on the model wall, but couldn't really figure out which drawer had the knob I wanted. I started opening randomly to check, but knew there had to be a better way. I started reading the tiny labels for the model number but there didn't seem to be any sort of order. I stood there for a while, debated getting some help when I uhh...finally figured it out.

Hiro Dreams of Sushi Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I went to Lowes to pick up doorknobs for our new closet. I picked out what I wanted on the model wall, but couldn't really figure out which drawer had the knob I wanted. I started opening randomly to check, but knew there had to be a better way. I started reading the tiny labels for the model number but there didn't seem to be any sort of order. I stood there for a while, debated getting some help when I uhh...finally figured it out.

Ya, I'll be completely honest, I totally didn't realize the handles and knobs were represented by the actual drawer pulls either... I didn't notice for a while after reading your comment. It suddenly just clicked just as when looking at one of those images that are two things in one and depending on your perspective you'll see one or the other. Ugh! I probably have tons of sensortard moments myself. This is such a funny thread haha.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

Hiro Dreams of Sushi Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Dispenser View Post
    I tripped over my laptop charger epically today.
    I think Apple designed their power cords just for us
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I have moments where I will say, "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY (insert personal belonging)", then realize the aforementioned object is in one of my pockets.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I walked around where I work for over 15 minutes looking for a pair of glasses that I had hung on the top of my shirt. I asked two people if they had seen my glasses, and neither of them noticed that the glasses were on my shirt.

I'm just that way, over all. My approach to everything real is intuitive. I feel so cognitively lazy.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    My ENTP daughter was playing piano. For some time she was struggling until at last I said to her, "don't you think it'd be easier without that umbrella lying over the keys?" she looked up. "Umbrella?"
    I didn't quite get what happened here, but that was surely some sensotardation!
    Would you care to explain?
    "If you fell down yesterday, stand up today." ~ H. G. Wells
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." ~ C. S. Lewis

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

I'm not sure if It's sensotardation or just pure lack of logic, but I regularly misread or get things wrong at my job/jobs.

Most recently I misread Hixon as Hixton and made a cock-up of a delivery.

At the retail job it's just an endless line of minute mistakes i make that piss everyone off. I think it's getting worse .

I'd have a really comfortable life if I learned not to give a shit. On the other hand giving a shit keeps me firing on neuroticism so I can keep surviving in our trapped world of finance.