Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Sensotard moments

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I'll be looking for my keys and then realize that they are in my left hand. It's ALWAYS my left hand, probably because I'm right-handed...

Last spring one fine Sunday morning I walk to the library only to realize it was closed because it was Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    This.

(This mom = definitely an NTP!)
    This makes me glad that my parents were sensors...
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    iNtP

I probably would've burned the house down at least five times by now if not for my girlfriend's (ISFJ) meddling with- I mean- correcting me. I'm seriously a hazard to the people around me in the morning. Watching me make coffee is like watching a dementia patient try to solve a crossword puzzle.
    Likes CitizenErased liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Somewhat recently: While in a cold medicine induced mental fog I had walked out of the house & into a snow storm intending to get the mail. I soon realized my pickup truck was inside the garage & I was locked out while wearing shorts & a T-shirt.
    I had to walk around the house in knee deep snow & luckily the deck door was unlocked but I was mad at myself for spacing out.

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

This one is horrible:
    Once when I was traveling with a group we had an overnight stay in apartments. After getting settled in my room, I went back out to the city center before realizing that I couldn't remember the building's number or even what it looked like. I had to wander around for about seven hours before the group met for dinner (at least I remembered that location). Then, even after a girl described in detail where the building was, I struggled to find it, initially passing it and even trying to unlock the wrong doors several times.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    This one is horrible:
    Once when I was traveling with a group we had an overnight stay in apartments. After getting settled in my room, I went back out to the city center before realizing that I couldn't remember the building's number or even what it looked like. I had to wander around for about seven hours before the group met for dinner (at least I remembered that location). Then, even after a girl described in detail where the building was, I struggled to find it, initially passing it and even trying to unlock the wrong doors several times.
    Thank goodness for Google Street View. I do that now every time I go to meet people. No problem driving around in circles trying to figure out where it is.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Visiting my ESFP friend in NC about a week & a half ago - we stopped at a Walmart for some household items. I had some trouble at self checkout, ESFP started getting impatient to get home. Resolved the issue, & we exit the store. There's a torrential downpour, the actual can't-see-a-hand-in-front-of-you sort of rain. ESFP instructs me to stay at the store entrance, & she'll pull up with the car.

I pause for a moment, but, feeling anxious/irrationally guilty for taking up time at the checkout- not wanting to waste any additional time (in my own idiotic impulsive mind) - I decided to sprint across the lot to her car as she pulled out.

In the blinding rain.

About an hour later, I'm in the local ER, & the doctor's gluing shut a gash just below my bruising eye, & administering a tetanus shot.

Photo taken in exam room to show my INTP travel-buddy, who was off doing her own special hippie things at the time

Did the ESFP hit me with her car?
    No.

Did my crappy sneakers lose traction, causing me to fall?
    No.

Did a Walmart shopper fly into a Hulk-rage about the weather & hurl their rusty shopping cart at my head?
    No.

..I somehow managed to slam the edge of her car door into my own face. Really fucking hard.

Her car (at a full stop when I did this) is a coupe - the passenger side doors are quite a bit longer than those on a 4-door, the latter of which are all I've been in for travel for probably over a year. Between the heavy rain, the gross underestimation of the door length, & rushing to her car in some ridiculous attempt at efficiency, I managed to bash the door into my own skull hard enough to blacken my eye & get a deep little cut on my face. I still try to visualize moment-to-moment precisely how the fuck I managed to do that, at all.. and I come up blank. Even the doctor looked baffled for a moment, before erupting into a fit of laughter. Couldn't help joining in.

Fortunately, the cut's healed up well - wouldn't have if I didn't get it glued shut. Cheekbone still hurts to the touch, but it's improving. Given my klutzy history, my pride remains technically unscathed & well preserved.. as it quietly laid down its life long long ago.

Ah well... it's not a road trip without at least one hospital visit, right?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Cellmold, SD45T-2, Bknight, riva liked this post

Lost in the Multiverse Array Bknight's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

LOL, I'm ADD, so I'm just one big pile of derp. Generally consists of me thinking I've lost my phone while I'm texting or something similar. Also, when I'm playing Total War, I've lost entire armies and fleets because I forget to move them out of danger turn after turn after turn. Very common and very facepalm-y.

Oh, yeah. I also forget to eat. I think I once went around 36-40 hours or so between meals. Skipping breakfast and/or lunch is quite common for me.

Also, I have a habit of just saying, "To hell with sleep, Imma do what the frick I want to, and damn the consequences of losing sleep." Basically what I'm doing right now.

Member Array
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

One time I had a full scale panic attack while driving my car because I couldn't find my car keys. I also became comedy show of the day for my friends one time by struggling for five minutes to get a spoon out of the dispenser at Whole Foods. Those are just two of the most recent I'm afraid.

Oh and of course my childhood was one big sensotard moment. I had to go to occupational therapy because my hand eye coordination was AWFUL

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Oh goodness. My poor ENFP roomie. Her hair is always in her food. And there is always food on her face. She likes to rock her long hair in a braid and it's always falling into everything. She's oblivious of it too.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I had one where I was running and a little kid was in front of me and I noticed too late and put my hand on his head and leaped over him like some sort of parkour trick.
    Likes Opal, Luke O, Hive liked this post

Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast