User Tag List

First 3171798081828391 Last

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I got home last night, got changed in my room, opened the curtains, went downstairs. Quoth my father, "It's nice to have the scaffolding gone." Me: "...it's gone?"

There's been scaffolding on the front of our house for the last fortnight. You have to duck under the bars to get to the front door. It's right outside my bedroom window, whose curtains I opened when I got home. Yet still, somehow, I didn't realise that it wasn't there anymore.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My library decided to have its storytime outside in the nearby park today and I had to direct parents and their children there and I could not remember the name of the park even though I've passed by it hundreds of times.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

WhoCares

i am forever picking items up around my house and moving them without having anything except the vaguest impression of having touched the object. Little dramas are rife in my life where I cannot find these objects because I knew I saw it two days ago and have no idea where it went after that. Until this moment I never once connected that to a lack of sensing function.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I go to my local library all the time. My sister was going to meet me there and asked what color the building was. I told her it was a grayish brick building. I looked when I got there and it is actually a red brick building with a non-brick, grayish-white entrance.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    yupp

I have one of my mom: She's all like oh so you finally moved the tv, to my dad. when it had been moved for 3 days and she even watched a movie with me one it the first day it was moved. for myself I can't think of any.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Looking for the keys at my friends shop so I could open the glass cabinet for him, so that he could show me a model he had painted.

After a bit he just walked past me, put his hand out and opened the cabinet by a little metal lip which caused the whole front of the cabinet to just swing out.

"Oh" I said. He couldn't stop laughing. And in fact neither could I!

Not sure if that's a sensotard moment or just a tard moment.

ps: Cheers to @Seymour for pointing out another sensotard moment of my misspelling of the word 'cabinet' ahahaa.

The idea that my friend owns not only a glass CABIN but an unlocked and completely insecured cabin is hilarious.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

MBTI
    xSTP

Sensotards are AWESOME
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Looking for the light switch on the wrong wall, fumbling around for it, then staring at the apparently blank wall and wondering where the hell the switch went!

Then I also realize that the lights were already on anyway.

Yesterday while making a delivery i had to pull over half way to the house to open the door and get the bag that was on the roof of my car.

MBTI
    yupp

today in the shower, i almost used shampoo as soap, but caught myself at the last second and realized what i was doing. what's really bad is i don't use body wash but instead a bar so i don't know how i got it confused.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington