Thread: Sensotard moments

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lol, that's because I delivered it with authoritai!
    You totally took ownership of the statement. It really sunk in on a deeper level.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    You totally took ownership of the statement. It really sunk in on a deeper level.
    Lol short.

Dali

Ah, there are two types of phone-related sensotardation with which I'm normally inflicted.

- I'll often start to call someone on my phone and then get distracted by another task and place my phone on the desk (usually happens at work) and only remember when the person hanged up and called me back or I heard a disembodied 'hello?' coming from the phone.

- I'll remember that I have to call X, Z & D and call one of them - Z, for instance - and forget who I called then start off addressing them as X.

Both only happen when I'm snowed under at work, or running lots of errands. So, often.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I'll believe you, because I don't have much of a choice, but... I'll just have to forget you said this in order to keep my view of order and sanity in the world. :horor:

Honestly, that post, specifically because of the bolded, sounds like fiction. Maybe that was your idea of humor, in the context of the rest of it.

Some things, of course, like Elfboy's post above, sound realistic. I've done that plenty of times before. But others...
    I do that sometimes, the phone call thing....All phones don't give u the ID, and you're not thinking of looking on it. I can't talk on the phone and type at the same time. One has to give, and it's usually the person on the phone.

MBTI
    INTJ

u ever put the food garbage in the fridge, and throw the leftovers away? I've done that like twice. LOL. I go looking for my food and all I see is a dirty plate and bones..............

right on the left wing Array Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

*shameless thread necromancy*

I love this thread, it makes me feel normal! Things like this happen to me almost daily, even if it's only having to lock the door three times because I've forgotten that I did so five seconds ago, or getting into the shower still wearing something, or going to do something and then completely forgetting what it was. I drive my probably-ESFJ mum crazy. She doesn't really believe me when I tell her that I "didn't notice" the pile of laundry on the stairs, or the note on the table, or the fact that I have ten used cups on my desk, or that I actually don't know what I did with the thing I was holding ten seconds ago...

One of my "better" moments involved going downstairs to make some tea. Successfully made a cup of tea, went to find book. Somewhere along the line, the tea vanished. I spent about half an hour looking for it, before giving up and making myself another cup. Four hours later I found the original cup of tea. In the fridge. I have no recollection of putting it in the fridge. I was home alone, so it must have been me. Why? Why is the tea in the fridge? I don't understand
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

Senior Member Array LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar

Last week I was washing clothes and I threw a pile of dirty clothes in the dryer, freshly dried clothes in washer and wet clothes in the basket lolol, omg, toooootal fail
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    u ever put the food garbage in the fridge, and throw the leftovers away?
    I have.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post

I love this thread, it makes me feel normal! Things like this happen to me almost daily, even if it's only having to lock the door three times because I've forgotten that I did so five seconds ago, or getting into the shower still wearing something, or going to do something and then completely forgetting what it was. I drive my probably-ESFJ mum crazy. She doesn't really believe me when I tell her that I "didn't notice" the pile of laundry on the stairs, or the note on the table, or the fact that I have ten used cups on my desk, or that I actually don't know what I did with the thing I was holding ten seconds ago...
    @ bolded: Hehe, yep, I've had similar arguments with my mother. She flat-out does not believe that I don't notice some of the things I don't notice. She used to actually say to me, "You do so. How could you not notice? Are you blind/deaf??"

Anyways, last notable example of my obliviousness: I went into the downstairs freezer in the laundry room to get some frozen berries for a smoothie. I had to take some things out to reach them. Got my berries, went upstairs and had my smoothie, and didn't find out until the next day that I'd left some frozen meat out. It was on the water softener and I'd walked right past it. I'd ruined maybe about $30 worth of meat. Yuck.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

What good timing on this thread ... I had a Te / Se fail today ... I looked at the picture instructions 3 times to put up a new closet door and I still did it wrong. Wrecked one half of the door too, so I had to go buy another set.

It was a stupid picture anyway, I don't think that's my fault there. But then when I actually READ the written instructions, I could only slap myself on the head because it was SO OBVIOUS.

*sigh*
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast