First 2060686970717280 Last

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

If I were to write a book about them, it would be longer than the Harry Potter series.

But the most frequent ones are related to physical issues. I spend so much time inside my head that I become completely unaware of my surroundings.

I often can be oblivious of the weather, to the point that I realize I should be wearing a coat in the moment I get to a meeting place, and my friends start giving me weird looks.

Being unaware of physical needs, especially food and sleep, for a long time. I pay no mind to "physical signals", until I have a headache so strong that it leaves me numb, or I when I feel like fainting.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

OMG. When will I learn. When I'm in the shower, why am I ALWAYS accidentally putting hair conditioner in my hair when I meant to pick up the bottle of shampoo? Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I have become slightly compulsive with my items because I lose them constantly. I've left the keys to my house in the lock, I'm not afraid of anything bad happening! I've left the garage door open all night, I've left the door to the gargage open all night. My wallet as of now is in my car... Or I hope it. I should find that.

Sometimes I forget if I have anything on my head, like a hat. I just get out of contact with my body. I constantly hit my head on dishes at work. I'm tall and forgetful.

Found it.
    You commit my biggest fears. I'd have a heart attack living with you. I'm always compulsively checking to make sure my keys are with me, and haven't been left on the keyhole of my front door... hasn't happened yet, but never say never. I didn't expect that I'd slip up and leave my computer adaptor plugged in all night either, but I did.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

NPcomplete

Ooh I remember another one: we did leave the garage door open during the whole day once. I remember going out at some point and not seeing the white thing (door) but shrugged it off and kept on doing whatever I was doing. It's only much much later that I noticed that the garage door was still open with the house keys still in the lock. My dad (INTP) got a long lecture from my mom (ENFJ) that day (although she hadn't noticed it either).

Another thing I've noticed is that I'm "blind" to most things that have been around for a long long time. So I never notice sharp edges, for example, and it's only afterwards that I find bruises/wounds on myself..

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn;1415142/
    You commit my biggest fears. I'd have a heart attack living with you. I'm always compulsively checking to make sure my keys are with me, and haven't been left on the keyhole of my front door... hasn't happened yet, but never say never. I didn't expect that I'd slip up and leave my computer adaptor plugged in all night either, but I did.
    Hahaha, I've gotten a little bit better. Yeah, I leave electronics on all the time. I'm surprised my X-box360 still works. I'm constantly forgetting about that. The saddest thing is I've done much worse... I drove 3 hours to find out that my wallet fell out of my pocket at my orignal destination. Someone picked it up and was nice enough to call me dad. That was fun!

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Another thing I've noticed is that I'm "blind" to most things that have been around for a long long time. So I never notice sharp edges, for example, and it's only afterwards that I find bruises/wounds on myself..
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

This happens to me too. But those who get to see the bruises have a hard time believing that I run into things most of the time. They think I'm into BDSM or that I pick fights constantly.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I have become slightly compulsive with my items because I lose them constantly. I've left the keys to my house in the lock, I'm not afraid of anything bad happening! I've left the garage door open all night, I've left the door to the gargage open all night. My wallet as of now is in my car... Or I hope it. I should find that.

Sometimes I forget if I have anything on my head, like a hat. I just get out of contact with my body. I constantly hit my head on dishes at work. I'm tall and forgetful.

Found it.
    Yeah, I am anal about where I keep certain objects. It's really a means of compensating for my weakness of being naturally absent minded and forgetful. By having a set place where I put certain things like keys, I minimize the frequency of losing them. This method has helped. There are times where I still goof up- leave the keys in my pocket and forget to put them back on the key ring but I do it much less often than I used to.

I'm also bad about leaving doors open that should be shut. Like my apartment door, my car door, my fridge, my door to my mailbox, my locker door, etc. I'm surprised that no one ever robs my stuff since I've put myself at great risk. Probably because I own the nerdy type of possessions no one else wants.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

ReflecTcelfeR

I tried that. I would put necessary objects in logical places, but they weren't the usual places that I look and so I end up losing them until I realize where they should be (logically).

More moments. I left my car door wide open for I'd say 45 minutes or so at my school in the parking lot, right after school. Nothing was stolen. I've done that twice.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one.

This happens to me too. But those who get to see the bruises have a hard time believing that I run into things most of the time. They think I'm into BDSM or that I pick fights constantly.
    That's hilarious and sad at the same time. I remember at the beginning of my internship program, people used to be worried for me because they thought I was miserable and was cutting myself. Then they started to get to know me a little better and saw what a mass of clumsiness I am.

A window to the soul

Whenever I trim the holly and boxwood hedges in my yard, I cut right through the $50 extension cord. It happens every year!

MBTI
    INTJ

Let's say you have to grab a few items, like deoderant, chapstick and shampoo- and while trying to decide what shampoo to buy you put the chapstick in your pocket. You finally decide on your shampoo, go up to pay for the shampoo and deoderant, and realize way later- like 2 hours that you had chapstick in your pocket you never paid for?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: