Thread: Sensotard moments

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Coming from...a sensor? *suspicious sniffing*

Welcome to the club! I'd give you your welcome basket, but I lost it...
    Heh yeah, I'm not the most absent-minded person I've ever heard of, but I am the worst case I've met IRL (a dubious honour), with the notable exception of my family. My entire family is like that, parents and all siblings, to varying degrees (I'm probably medium-severity compared to the others). So probably upbringing or genetics, or both.

I'm both constantly thinking (not about abstract things, more day-to-day life things) and EXTREMELY easily distracted, either mentally or by things happening in the real world. A bad combination - my mind is rarely on what I'm actually doing at the time, although it's nice when it is (then it's usually something interesting, of course, not "mindfully" putting the groceries away).
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ

I really love to read these things. I did a few of these things here, such becoming "blind" to items that remain in the same place indefinitely, and my ESFJ mother used to always SCREAM at me about how "abnormal" and "oblivious" I was. Either that or scream at me about "obviously not caring, otherwise I'd have noticed".

I'm *always* bumping my hips into things.

On that note, when I wear jeans, stupid hooks on the wall are always grabbing the loops of my jeans. This REALLY pisses me off for some reason.
    You know what's funny?

I have a very very good idea of where everything is in my house. So If I walk downstairs at night in pitch darkness, I know where everything is, so I don't stub my toes or walk trip on something. Even if the item is newly placed in that position, I tend to have a recollection of it. So if I take out a space heater to use, and leave it there, I'll recall that change and be able to avoid hitting it or tripping on the cord. It just comes out of nowhere. I don't force myself to remember where everything is.

But on more than one occasion I have walked into a screen or glass patio door...........

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    You know what's funny?

I have a very very good idea of where everything is in my house. So If I walk downstairs at night in pitch darkness, I know where everything is, so I don't stub my toes or walk trip on something. Even if the item is newly placed in that position, I tend to have a recollection of it. So if I take out a space heater to use, and leave it there, I'll recall that change and be able to avoid hitting it or tripping on the cord. It just comes out of nowhere. I don't force myself to remember where everything is.

But on more than one occasion I have walked into a screen or glass patio door...........
    Hmph. I always have to turn on the light. Although my place is really messy and I'm totally blind at night, so that's probably it. I don't remember changes or moved positions at all...argh. Is this a lack of Si or Se?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmph. I always have to turn on the light. Although my place is really messy and I'm totally blind at night, so that's probably it. I don't remember changes or moved positions at all...argh. Is this a lack of Si or Se?
    It's Si. I'm not expert on Se, but if the mess is constant, I have a very very good idea of where things are- Si. Yesterday I decided to sleep on my couch since I wanted to watch my DVR, so I walked into my bedroom- pitch dark. My room is organized chaos. I was able to walk around the bed and not stub my toe, avoid the bags and boxes, and had a good appoximation of where my phone charger was. Then walked out. It wasn't as if I was tip toeing to minimize impact, I knew where I could walk freely, and places where I either had to extend my step to step over something or take smaller steps because the area was cramped. ( I have a big bedroom) I never turned on the light to do this.

Se to me sounds like like a more sweeping awareness of all of your surroundings.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Ok, I challenge ANYONE to top this. I am, without a doubt, the biggest idiot of all time.

Last night, I left my computer plugged into the adapter...ALL FUCKING NIGHT. I shouldn't be alive right now. There is something seriously wrong with me, and I might schedule an appointment with a shrink to get to the bottom of this.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Ok, I challenge ANYONE to top this. I am, without a doubt, the biggest idiot of all time.

Last night, I left my computer plugged into the adapter...ALL FUCKING NIGHT. I shouldn't be alive right now. There is something seriously wrong with me, and I might schedule an appointment with a shrink to get to the bottom of this.
    what?.....WHAT???? Lol. I leave EVERYTHING open. I'm still alive.

MBTI
    INTJ

What's wrong with that? I do that all the time.

Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

He's being sarcastic. It's a joke!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    He's being sarcastic. It's a joke!!
    Oh. Caught me :zzz:

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    what?.....WHAT???? Lol. I leave EVERYTHING open. I'm still alive.
    Probably not things that could catch fire, like plugged in adapters! It could've exploded, overheated, etc etc. I'm a complete dumbass, and I'm usually exceedingly careful to double, triple, or quadruple check that I didn't leave anything plugged in or on.

And last night I went to bed without checking. :steam:

That's how house fires start.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast