Page 57 of 90 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Sensotard moments

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

I can relate to way too many of these anecdotes. I think I need more Si.

Two Tuesdays ago, I was running laps around the block and tripped over an unlevel surface in the sidewalk. Never mind the fact that I didn't notice it when I was running, I went about an hour before discovering I was bleeding and needed stitches.

Many times if I am reading something and it either bores me or I'm just too busy thinking of something else I can be "reading" the book until I stop and notice that I don't remember anything I had been reading for the past half hour. I'm actually reading the book and saying the words in my head, but my thoughts are focused entirely somewhere different while I'm doing it. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Ahaha Stellar, I loved that thing about André-Marie Ampère and Sewall Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Forest View Post
    Way too often i've been in the shower and i think... have i washed my hair already? And i have no idea. Then i start to do it and see some foam on the floor from before...
    Once i had a shower and completely forgot to wash my hair. Walked out and my mum said "didnt you have a shower? why isnt your hair very wet?" *facepalm* Damn showers... my time for pondering, like everywhere else :P

And the looking for something whilst its in your hand... so embarrassing.

I guess that's what makes intjs appear awkward so often?
    I do that all the time

Hm...I haven't had any really good sensotard moments in a while, but I have realized that I have a pattern of systematically destroying carpeting. I spill ink, glue, paint, food, wax everything. When I was 12 I also lit the carpet in my room on fire by accident. Sigh. Some day I'll live in a nice, safe, concrete-floored warehouse.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

PEST that STEPs on PETS Array stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium Onyx View Post
    Many times if I am reading something and it either bores me or I'm just too busy thinking of something else I can be "reading" the book until I stop and notice that I don't remember anything I had been reading for the past half hour. I'm actually reading the book and saying the words in my head, but my thoughts are focused entirely somewhere different while I'm doing it. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
    Guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Ahaha Stellar, I loved that thing about André-Marie Ampère and Sewall Wright.
    haha I know, right? I can just imagine that guinea pig going *squeak squeak squeak* as he used it to erase bad formulas. :yim_rolling_on_the_

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Hm...I haven't had any really good sensotard moments in a while, but I have realized that I have a pattern of systematically destroying carpeting. I spill ink, glue, paint, food, wax everything. When I was 12 I also lit the carpet in my room on fire by accident. Sigh. Some day I'll live in a nice, safe, concrete-floored warehouse.
    haha, now that's just plain awesome.

I don't think I could ever live in a place with a concrete floor! What if you had lacquered wood flooring?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Senior Member Array Synthetic Darkness's Avatar

Worst sensotard moments:

Today at my high school we had a fire drill now for about the last two weeks my science teacher had been droning on and on about where exactly to meet her when we go outside. So when the drill actually happens everyone meets her at the designated spot but I end up on the other side of the school just wandering aimlessly until I remembered that I had to be at the spot and that she would do a head count. By the time I actually got there the teacher was totally freaked because she thought I was still in the building.

Another time I went to the mall with my friends and for some reason everywhere we went people wouldn't stop laughing at me or gawking at me, now the friends I went with are probably more spaced out and weird than I am (ENFP and an INFP) so they were confused too so until I met up with my ISTJ friend she smacked me across the head and asked me why I was wearing a high heeled boot on one foot and a sneaker on the other.

And am I the only person who gets lost very easily? I'm terrible with directions unless I'm really paying attention and I make little notes on the scenery.
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yesterday I needed to go to city hall with some papers. I was at work, left the papers at home. So I drive home to get the papers. Then I realized I didn't have my wallet and needed identification as well. I looked all over at home, couldn't find it. Figured I left it at work. So I went to work to get my wallet. Found my wallet at work. Ah all set.

I'm back in my car, preparing to go to city hall... Damnit. In my hastiness and search frenzy for my wallet at home, I actually forgot to bring the papers. I start heading home again, got my papers in a hurry, city hall was nearing closing time. So I snatch them from the table and start scooting to the car. Drove to city hall, got in line, picked a number. Waited 10 mins, my turn! I walk up to the desk. Pull out my wallet and the papers. Spreading the papers as I start to talk to the girl behind the desk.

My eyes lower to the papers in my hands. You know how INTP's are at looking strangers in the eye when conversing. And what do I see. A printed out personal file of mine.

I had snatched the wrong papers from my table at home.

I had to mention it here. This has surely been the most sensotard moement of the year for me.

I went to city hall today and everything went smoothly this time by the way. :P

PEST that STEPs on PETS Array stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Darkness View Post
    Another time I went to the mall with my friends and for some reason everywhere we went people wouldn't stop laughing at me or gawking at me, now the friends I went with are probably more spaced out and weird than I am (ENFP and an INFP) so they were confused too so until I met up with my ISTJ friend she smacked me across the head and asked me why I was wearing a high heeled boot on one foot and a sneaker on the other.
    Wow! haha. You didn't feel the difference between feet at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Darkness View Post
    And am I the only person who gets lost very easily? I'm terrible with directions unless I'm really paying attention and I make little notes on the scenery.
    My ENTP friend is just like that. Once we went to WalMart and we were walking back and when we got to our neighborhood (he'd already been living with us for several months) he suddenly looked like he was having some kind of supernatural epiphany and said, "This place looks so familiar!" I told him, "It's the intersection by our apartment, duh."

haha. I laughed at him for it but said I wish I could have that feeling of newness about the same old place like that. He said it was disconcerting and he would rather just have a better sense of direction.

He says that just as he really gets used to a place enough to learn how to navigate it, he moves. I just find that hilarious. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yesterday I needed to go to city hall with some papers. I was at work, left the papers at home. So I drive home to get the papers. Then I realized I didn't have my wallet and needed identification as well. I looked all over at home, couldn't find it. Figured I left it at work. So I went to work to get my wallet. Found my wallet at work. Ah all set.

I'm back in my car, preparing to go to city hall... Damnit. In my hastiness and search frenzy for my wallet at home, I actually forgot to bring the papers. I start heading home again, got my papers in a hurry, city hall was nearing closing time. So I snatch them from the table and start scooting to the car. Drove to city hall, got in line, picked a number. Waited 10 mins, my turn! I walk up to the desk. Pull out my wallet and the papers. Spreading the papers as I start to talk to the girl behind the desk.

My eyes lower to the papers in my hands. You know how INTP's are at looking strangers in the eye when conversing. And what do I see. A printed out personal file of mine.

I had snatched the wrong papers from my table at home.

I had to mention it here. This has surely been the most sensotard moement of the year for me.

I went to city hall today and everything went smoothly this time by the way. :P
    Uhm Yeah. I'm gonna need some proof of that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Uhm Yeah. I'm gonna need some proof of that.
    This is not something I would easily forget, and had been on my mind the whole day. So today all I could think about was doing it right this time around. :P

Funnily, I have had a completely free sensotard day today. Which is rare. I mean, not even the tiny little things. The usual stuff.

I suppose I just put my Se on sharp for today.

Tomorrow is a new day.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    This is not something I would easily forget, and had been on my mind the whole day. So today all I could think about was doing it right this time around. :P

Funnily, I have had a completely free sensotard day today. Which is rare. I mean, not even the tiny little things. The usual stuff.

I suppose I just put my Se on sharp for today.

Tomorrow is a new day.
    Good luck out there!

Watch out for the gl... !!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Oh, it'll happen, soon enough. The Se will wash out of my system in no time. (I am a P after all. It's not like I'd be able to keep this up forever. )

Page 57 of 90 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast