Thread: Sensotard moments

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I was struggling to read a newspaper yesterday, when my ESFJ daughter came in the room, switched on the light and said "Why are you reading in the dark?" and i was like, "ah, I thought it was more difficult than usual... I was contemplating cleaning my glasses, but..."
    This. It happens to me like every other day. It used to drive my family MAD!
    ...I didn't see the problem. [shrugs]

Nickle Iron Silicone Array Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Can't count the number of times I've rummaged through my purse, looking for my keys, when I was already holding my key
    Oooh, that's me too.

I've also put things like milk in a cabinet without realizing it. Or, looked all around the house for hairbands that are on my wrist, or pencils that are tucked behind my ear.

But I'd say slamming my head in the door on two seperate occasions counts as my ultimate in sensotardation.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Sensotard?! You rude, motherfuckers! I do absentminded shit all the time, it might be because I'm fucking busy!!!!

Senior Member Array LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

My sentiments exactly. They tempt me onto the rude mofo side of the force often. Thus far I have resisted, for the more part.

MBTI
    INTJ

I once went to work wearing my pyamaslippers. It's a 45-minute dive up there so I bluffed myself through the day (thank god they were grey and not pink!).
    In once told my boss in a meeting he could slap my butt if was to turn out wrong on a certain subject (the onther members of the meeting liked that idea...)
    I also have watered my garbagebin instead of my plant...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    i went swimming to the pool the day before. so there i was, swimming, thinking my own thoughts and it was time to turn around. you know how it goes - inhale, turn your face in the water, turn around, push yourself away... and so i did - inhaled, turned my face in the water, turned around... and started to breathe in again. face still in the water.

good thing i realized it was not such a good idea.

and i still don't get why i needed to inhale the second time anyway...
    ohh reading this I suddenly remember being seven years old and doing an exam to get my swimmingdiploma. Tribunes are full with a crowd op moms, dads and grandparants. After doing the bit where you have to swim with clothes on, all kids strip off their clothes in the shower-area and return to the pool. I did too, but forgot to strip off mij lovebug-printed underpants. It was a good laugh for the crowd!

PEST that STEPs on PETS Array stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

hahaha, oh man. I'm so tempted to make fun of all you foo's, except for the fact that I had an N phase in my life in which I had many of the same foibles. Some of the ones you guys posted are pretty bad, though, which makes me feel kinda good. I thought I was horrible... haha.

Can't really even remember any of those moments, either. If I do though, I'll be sure to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    98 percent of the time that I'm reading this forum, it's an "intuitard moment."
    Yes. Well, either I read it and understand, or my mind just can't read it. I zone most of it out, honestly. These forums are mostly a big TL;DR. I just stick around for the lulz and the SP forum.

It's an ironic twist that all the profound thinkers and feelers of this world end up looking so comical to the rest of us. :yim_rolling_on_the_

I guess it serves to even the score up a bit...

Oh, I heard a good one about Sir Isaac Newton. Evidently he had a full plate of chicken lying in front of him when suddenly he had to take a restroom break. While he was gone, his friends, knowing how much of an absent-minded professor he was, decided to put clean chicken bones down on his plate instead. When he came back, he just figured he must've already eaten.

I used to tell that one back in the day when I had troubles of my own. Hopefully that might help quiet down the peanut gallery a bit for you guys.

I also heard Einstein would have to call his wife sometimes to figure out where he was, even when he was at big huge events.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

PEST that STEPs on PETS Array stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

More from wikipedia:

André-Marie Ampère used a cloth chalkboard eraser as a handkerchief. In the streets of Paris, he mistook the side of a horse-drawn delivery van for a blackboard, began some calculation on it, and walked and then ran along beside it to continue his work when it drove off. Between the afternoon and the evening of one day he forgot a dinner invitation personally delivered by the Emperor Napoleon.

Geneticist Sewall Wright, known for his copious use of chalkboards, is said to have once accidentally used a guinea pig as an eraser.
    hahaha!!!
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    It's an ironic twist that all the profound thinkers and feelers of this world end up looking so comical to the rest of us. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    ... and to ourselves, too

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ

Way too often i've been in the shower and i think... have i washed my hair already? And i have no idea. Then i start to do it and see some foam on the floor from before...
    Once i had a shower and completely forgot to wash my hair. Walked out and my mum said "didnt you have a shower? why isnt your hair very wet?" *facepalm* Damn showers... my time for pondering, like everywhere else :P

And the looking for something whilst its in your hand... so embarrassing.

I guess that's what makes intjs appear awkward so often?

Page 56 of 90 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast