User Tag List

First 444525354555664 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    For some reason I suck at transitioning from one task to the other.

One second I'll be thinking, "Right. And after I finish task C, I'm going to start on task D." No sooner do I say that, I finish task C, I turn around and think, "........ what was I going to do next??!?"
    I don't necessarily know how rooted in sensing that is but I can relate. I'll be at work and for, seemingly no reason at all, go and walk over to a part of the store and come out of my stuper and wonder why I'm there. Then I use my sensing or my Jness to figure out the the things I wanted to get done. If it's not that important I don't bother to remember it and just walk back to where I was.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

I was playing the mandolin, then stopped to text someone. Started looking for it again, tore up the living room, still couldn't find it. So I gave up, went to the bathroom, and as I passed my reflection, realized I'd been holding the pick in my mouth the whole time.
    Something Witty

Ones that happened within the last week to me:

1. Thinking that I should start dinner I filled a vegetable steamer with water and broccoli and completely forgot about it. I didn't even notice until my brother came home hours later and asked what was burning.

2. Picked up a pair of shorts from my floor to wear. I went through the entire day without noticing there was a giant black splotch on the back of them. Turns out they had been sitting on top of an open permanent marker. (Who leaves open permanent markers on their floor??)

3. Managed to trip down a flight of stairs after "missing" the first step with my foot.

My parents still call me their absent-minded scientist. My friends just call me clumsy. >.<
    Sleep late for a better tomorrow.

Extraverted - 58%
    INtuitive - 73%
    Thinking - 71%
    Perceiving - 66%

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I dont have time to sift through all these posts but I will say one thing.

I often go into the bathroom just to check if my zipper is up. It always is, but the thing is I cant remember zipping it. I cant remember ever zipping up my pants, I can remember putting my pants on and consciencely thinking "im putting my pants on" I have several memories of this. However I dont have a single memory in my life of ever zipping up my pants. Its not realy a senstarded thing but it just bugs me. I may die without knowing what it is like to zip up a pair of jeans. (Also while this frequently bugs me when I have my pants on, when I put them on I or before I put them on I never think about it. Its a curse)

Also I am horrible at remembering what I was doing. I have also gone to the refridgerator, taken off my shirt, and started to put it in the refridgerator.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Unfortunately, I get this so much that I cannot even begin to start saying, otherwise I will take hours wondering what to share.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    For some reason I suck at transitioning from one task to the other.

One second I'll be thinking, "Right. And after I finish task C, I'm going to start on task D." No sooner do I say that, I finish task C, I turn around and think, "........ what was I going to do next??!?"
    That along with spinning around in a circle searching for clues to jolt my memory while mumbling under my breath is what I do. I've been told it's funny to watch. But then again, so is my habit of talking to myself in an otherwise incohesive manner.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Also I am horrible at remembering what I was doing. I have also gone to the refridgerator, taken off my shirt, and started to put it in the refridgerator.
    One day, I opened the fridge to find my cell phone in the carton with the strawberries.

In my defense though, I was texting really late the night before and must have put it there while searching for snacks. Still. Weird!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I was buying some new pairs of athletic shorts, because wearing the same ones all the time is apparently some sort of personal hygiene issue, and I walked out of the dressing room without my shorts on. I had them in my hand, along with the shorts I was about to buy. I got about 10 feet before I realized and did a quick 180 back into the fitting room to fix the problem.

MBTI
    SEXY

I usually have sensotard moments when people introduce themselves to me, and I'm not making a mental not of their name. Luckily I know a lot of people have the same problem, which makes it easier.

Further I was with friends once and we couldn't find the remote to the tv. The room was fairly clean, apart from some empty beer bottles and pizza plates from that evening, but we couldn't find the remote. After looking for it for about 15 minutes we gave up and instantly I noticed it was right there on the table in front of the couch. (We weren't exactly sober though.)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so

I today was supposed to experimentally set up a laptop for a presentation to be held tomorrow. The older woman from my company, whose name I dont know asked me to put the presentation ppt file from our local network on the laptop, so I tried to connect the thing to the LAN. But it only got an old modem slot and no apparent LAN slot.

So I got out the other laptop a small atomPC, connected the LAN but figured it has got no rights to connect to the network and I am no administrator. So after 20 minutes of excuses to the older lady and trial and error, she gave up and got another younger woman, whose name I dont know either and asked her. The younger woman already set up the whole thing once, as the older one remembered.

Well the younger one connected the 1st laptop to the LAN network via the LAN slot and explained me how to do it. And then I saw it, the first laptop got a LAN slot next to the modem slot .

The best thing was the explanation she gave me on how to connect Computers to a netwrok