• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*the room feels too bright, wants to dim it down*

*grabs phone and turns down the volume*

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

The same reason my brain thinks turning up the radio instead of any other heatkeeping device will change the temperature of the room.

I feel like with every addition to this thread something within the Cat further dies or loses faith

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
It's okay. Yesterday I plugged my phone in to charge and then left it for two hours. I returned to a dead phone because I failed to turn on the light switch that powers that outlet. It's not like I use it everyday or anything. Or like my phone was sitting 2 feet away from the lamp that is also plugged into that outlet, and thus a lack of light emitting from it is an indication that the fucking switch isn't on.

I also tried to turn the volume of my Bluetooth speaker down with my TV remote while streaming music from my phone.

Aaaaand once while ordering food in a drive through, I guess I felt like I couldn't focus or hear well enough, so I sat there continuously turning down the volume dial, long after the volume was turned down, and my boyfriend slowly reached his hand out, turned down the AC, and said "is that what you were trying to do?" Why yes... yes it was... I just couldn't order food and figure it the fuck out at the same time.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
picard-facepalm.png

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't hear you; I don't have my glasses on.

The number of times my brother tried getting my (half asleep) attention for me to put on my glasses and ACTUALLY SAY,

"I can't read your words, say them louder,"

The Cat probably stole all our S in the cradle!

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sorry right now I'm just laughing so hard at the thought of stuffing all us Ns in a house with The Cat, I'm so sorry our brains are 80% not on this planet most the time, please don't let the exasperation and disappointment get to you too much!

On a more serious typological note, I wonder if this is more prominent in Ns, and I wonder if the reason it is so is because we process things based off subjective internal interpretation/imagery, and since it's not 'direct' sometimes a mistranslation/misinterpretation happens and we goof like the above?

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I'm sorry right now I'm just laughing so hard at the thought of stuffing all us Ns in a house with The Cat, I'm so sorry our brains are 80% not on this planet most the time, please don't let the exasperation and disappointment get to you too much!

On a more serious typological note, I wonder if this is more prominent in Ns, and I wonder if the reason it is so is because we process things based off subjective internal interpretation/imagery, and since it's not 'direct' sometimes a mistranslation/misinterpretation happens and we goof like the above?

One House. One magical talking cat. 24 Intuitives. The Reality show nobody asked for.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I am not sure if this counts as a 'sensotard moment' or if it's just me being extra stupidâ„¢.

You know that phase between being awake and sleeping? I was there, somewhere. Laying in an 'interesting' position, on my side, my head on my own shoulder and my hand on my back between my shoulder blades (just hold yourself in a chokehold with your arm, like that). So as I was almost falling asleep my hand got muscle twitches. The muscle twitches caused my hand to move (dûh) over my back/neck and my brain dramatically responded to this with; "SoMeOnE iS ToUChInG yOuR bAcK!!!!" and almost triggered a fight or flight response.

It took me a second to realize that it was in fact, my own hand... Sleeping in weird positions comes with a price.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am not sure if this counts as a 'sensotard moment' or if it's just me being extra stupidâ„¢.

You know that phase between being awake and sleeping? I was there, somewhere. Laying in an 'interesting' position, on my side, my head on my own shoulder and my hand on my back between my shoulder blades (just hold yourself in a chokehold with your arm, like that). So as I was almost falling asleep my hand got muscle twitches. The muscle twitches caused my hand to move (dûh) over my back/neck and my brain dramatically responded to this with; "SoMeOnE iS ToUChInG yOuR bAcK!!!!" and almost triggered a fight or flight response.

It took me a second to realize that it was in fact, my own hand... Sleeping in weird positions comes with a price.

One time I dreamt that someone whacked me with a tennis racquet and so I grappled it out of their hands and took a wide swing with it to whack them.

Irl, I punched myself hard in the face.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
One time I dreamt that someone whacked me with a tennis racquet and so I grappled it out of their hands and took a wide swing with it to whack them.

Irl, I punched myself hard in the face.

That's amazing. I once dreamt that a giant ermine bit me in the thumb. When I woke up my thumb actually hurt. I have a theory that I bit myself in my sleep...

I also feel like we should offer The Cat some mental support after reading all of this. *patpat*

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
That's amazing. I once dreamt that a giant ermine bit me in the thumb. When I woke up my thumb actually hurt. I have a theory that I bit myself in my sleep...

I woke myself up maybe a week or so ago because I was spitting something out in my dream (it wasn't that kind of dream...), and apparently I had a nice collection of saliva in my actual mouth because it allllll was forced out against my conscious will into a "nice" little puddle up against my face.

I hate myself.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I woke myself up maybe a week or so ago because I was spitting something out in my dream (it wasn't that kind of dream...), and apparently I had a nice collection of saliva in my actual mouth because it allllll was forced out against my conscious will into a "nice" little puddle up against my face.

I hate myself.

I love it how people say 'IRL' and 'my actual mouth' when they talk about dreams versus reality.

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I love it how people say 'IRL' and 'my actual mouth' when they talk about dreams versus reality.

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us...

I said "waking mouth" at first and then thought to myself "it wasn't awake though" and "that doesn't make sense, you idiot".

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Omg, you guys are hopeless. Lol