• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
The other day I was filling a bucket for the fishtank, and left the room. Five minutes later I realized it was overflowing.

I had a caravan cleaning job. First day, last caravan. I left the stove grills in the sink to soak whilst doing the hoovering. I came back ten minutes later to find I had left the water on. It was like a waterfall going into a mighty sea.

Though the floor was glistening by the time I had finished with it.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I once got out of the lift at work on the wrong floor, walked into the laboratory and wondered why my colleagues had rearranged all of the furniture without telling me about it!

Another time I was working at my lab bench when someone asked me what was in the big pile of boxes. I replied "What boxes?" then did a huge double-take as this massive pile of boxes suddenly appeared out of nowhere! Even more embarassing was the fact that they were partly blocking the access to my bench, which meant that I must have walked around them dozens of times without ever noticing them.

While I was introducing my mother to my new boss in New Zealand I actually forgot her name for a few minutes!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've walked into doors, doorframes, door knobs multiple times.

I don't recognise people until they are right in front of me and waving frantically.

strangely, unless I really am having a bad sleep week (annoyingly frequent recently), I don't tend to suffer from the 'poor coordination' type of sensotard attacks...

however, the second one - omfg like no waiiii dat iz s00o me3e!1!
I can't tell you how many times I've given offence by simply not noticing someone was even there.
Actually my INTJ (by name of John) was walking through town once and I spotted him (yeah, me!) and called him. I ran up behind him, calling out the whole time. Not until I actually tapped his shoulder did he turn around. His explanation?
"Ah, yes I heard someone calling "John", but I assumed it was for some other, more popular John."
*throttle*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Run, I've walked into a pole and fallen over. It couldn't have been better if Chaplin did it. Complete with laughing bystanders.

I forgot what driving was for once, about nine years ago, while I was driving. I'm not kidding. It was more of a sleep-deprivation-psychosis thing than an N thing, I believe. lol.

I've done this. Flipped out silently while driving because suddenly I couldn't remember how to drive. I had to wait to see where my hands went instinctively and all was well after that, but it was freaky there for a second.

Funny you should say that... my ENFP brother doesn't either. Well, he has his moments, but somehow... well, maybe his N over S preference is lower? Nah that can't be it, it's sky high, has to be (knowing him as I do).

Maybe Ni is more vulnerable than Ne, and Ne is more vulnerable when coupled with T detachment? I dunno, just a spontaneous theory (*hurries to soothe PT's fraying nerves with promises to research it fully* :alttongue:)

What ever it is that she has, I don't. lol ARG! That's why I'm always plaguing her, watching her, patterning behavior. I hate being so oblivious!

What is this "brush"?

I finger comb, when I remember.

Indeed! I was of the finger-comb method myself until Twin forced a hair brush off on me. She shouted something about rat's nests and my hair and homeless people... *Ni oblivion sets in again....*

This story would be better with pictures and/or video. :yes:

Jeffster overflows with mind-blowing ideas.

Silence!

Usehername

On a mission
Car-related:
*Noticed I drove the entire way which was 45 minutes of highway driving, in the dark, with the light on in the vehicle. I've done this several times.

*I regularly turn off the ignition before putting the car in park. If it's stopped and my foot is on the brake I'll probably forget to put it in park--this is more likely than me remembering to put it in park. I'm 22 and have had my license for years.

*I can do my entire commute through downtown traffic and not remember a single bit of it. Regular occurrence.

*Driven to the wrong home a few times when I moved out this summer.

Note: I'm not a bad driver. Srsly. Never had an accident and have been complimented on my skills by males.

Non Car Related:
Talk to my ISFJ mother. I always fail with anything chore-related because I just don't see things (cooking, cleaning, etc.)

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone else walk into the wrong bathroom? I stood there in the gents forever trying to figure out what looked so strange! A few puzzled turns and no, the urinals didn't trigger any recognition. I finally wandered back out and all my girlfriends were howling with laughter. Why? Because it's typical of me. Niiiice. I'm getting new girlfriends!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Anyone else walk into the wrong bathroom? I stood there in the gents forever trying to figure out what looked so strange! A few puzzled turns and no, the urinals didn't trigger any recognition. I finally wandered back out and all my girlfriends were howling with laughter. Why? Because it's typical of me. Niiiice. I'm getting new girlfriends!
Yep.
"WHOA sorry"
"girly LOLs"

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At LEAST *lawlz*...

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Unless someone is standing right in front of me saying my name, I often don't pay attention to what they're saying. Exception - anyone, anywhere calling "Mom!"

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Haha, no. But I have regularly walked into my roommate's bedroom and tried frantically to look around for my scissors/shoes/glasses, and when the roommate in question noticed this (because she was sitting right there at her desk), her laughter made me jump and look around puzzled until the realisation hit. She found it funny at least. :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

10 year old boy, women's change room at the pool; I was there with my class from school. I had made it to a locker, opened it when I suddenly heard giggles. I ran out so fast one of my friends had to bring my stuff out to me. I was so :blush: and my teacher laughed his ass off.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Heh! I've done that too! And I always wonder "Why are all these women in the Gents loo?" before I realise that it's actually me in the wrong place.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm another sensotard who is forever bumping into inconveniently placed doorframes, chairs, tables etc. I often discover bruises on my body with no idea how they got there.

Yesterday I sliced my thumb open somehow while taking a taxi ride. I noticed there was blood all over my hands, but it took me some time to track it down to the cut on my thumb. Still don't know how I did it!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone else get people's identities confused? I can have a detailed conversation with someone only to suddenly realise they are not the person I thought they were!

Sometimes I'vr even gotten away with it, though at other times I tend to blurt out "Oh Sorry, I thought you were so-and-so instead" and get a very strange look in response!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Does anyone else get people's identities confused? I can have a detailed conversation with someone only to suddenly realise they are not the person I thought they were!
Not really. Knock it off! lol

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

Sometimes I'vr even gotten away with it, though at other times I tend to blurt out "Oh Sorry, I thought you were so-and-so instead" and get a very strange look in response!

That's happened to me twice.

Also, the first person I met in college was this girl named Melissa. For a year and a half we were buddies and hung out sporadically. One day we were playing DDR with some other people, and I was cheering her on: "Go Melissa! Go Melissa!" to which someone responded, "Who's Melissa?" Turns out her name was Arianne...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I actually had a guy pinch my breasts because he thought I was someone else. I punched him in the shoulder, barked, "WTH?!" and he was half on the ground laughing, apologizing and saying lamely, "I thought you were your sister!" and I punched his arm again because "WTH?!" all over again!