User Tag List

Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Sensotard moments

MBTI
    ENTP

so has this been made a classic yet?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

the Dark Prophet of Kualu Array Serendipity's Avatar
    MBTI
    RAD

I have an S mom.
    She always had me, when I was younger and lived with her, look for something in the fridge.
    Every time I opened that DAMN fridge, I couldn't see what she asked me for and instantly forget what it was I was supposed to get. After the fourth time of calling out to her about "what was it you wanted now again?" or "I can't see it, where is it?"(I got an explanation but I still couldn't see the damn thing); she comes into the kitchen and either:
    A. I hold the item in my hand/alt. have already placed it on the table without thinking about it.
    B. Is right in front of me and she's all pointing at it for me to grab it.
    C. Actually isn't there! :3

And I always get yelled at for not finding it. As if it is OBVIOUS where it is. . .
    YARGH! I still get worked up just thinking about it. :E|

This helped me greatly. I am now a proud owner of some S-skills. :3 (Haven't read functions as it is.)
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Senior Member Array

lol So I think I'm like... one of the least likely types to have one of these moments right?

I try to circumvent the probability of sensotard moments if I can help it.

E.g., my room in the house is upstairs, and sometimes, if I forget to turn on the hallway light...I know I'll miss steps, esp when I reach the end (where I think there's step, but really isn't). So, I make sure that when I walk up the stairs, my toes touch, on each step, right to the inner edge, so I can feel and thus, tell if there's more steps to go or not.

Anyone else aware (and wary) of the predisposition to sensotard moments, who've come up with little 'tricks' to tackle it?

half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

E.g., my room in the house is upstairs, and sometimes, if I forget to turn on the hallway light...I know I'll miss steps, esp when I reach the end (where I think there's step, but really isn't). So, I make sure that when I walk up the stairs, my toes touch, on each step, right to the inner edge, so I can feel and thus, tell if there's more steps to go or not.

Anyone else aware (and wary) of the predisposition to sensotard moments, who've come up with little 'tricks' to tackle it?
    I think I mentioned earlier (or in another thread??) that I keep my shoes that I'll be wearing the next day in the fridge (wrapped up, of course). That way I don't leave the house without my lunch because I have to physically open the fridge on the way out. The downfall is that I often change my mind about what shoes I'll wear, so I end up with like 10 pairs in there.

Then it snowballed from there. That fridge keeps everything contained and away from the rest of the chaos. So if I have an important meeting the next day, all my paperwork also goes into the fridge. Now since I rarely cook, the whole thing is quite stupid. I always have my shoes, keys, documents and other random shit in the fridge, but never any food. There is no lunch to forget.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

I do the same thing with the stairs, it works wonders. Other than that I can't think of many other systems I have but I can give you a pretty sweet sensotarded moment. Over the last few weeks I've been digging up and moving a lot of composted dirt to help my parents fertilize their pastures. I've moved around 200 wheelbarrows so far and I've had no problems with them...until yesterday. I was pushing a load to one of the pastures, and around midway through the pasture is a blatantly obvious pothole that I had had no trouble avoiding up to this point, but this time it would be different. I was going along, pushing my wheelbarrow, lost in my head when suddenly the wheelbarrow stopped, and given the momentum I had I managed to push it over and do a flip over it. After that I just sat there for half a minute and felt hurt and dumb.
    I - 67%
    N - 62%
    T - 75%
    J - 1%

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    I have an S mom.
    She always had me, when I was younger and lived with her, look for something in the fridge.
    Every time I opened that DAMN fridge, I couldn't see what she asked me for and instantly forget what it was I was supposed to get. After the fourth time of calling out to her about "what was it you wanted now again?" or "I can't see it, where is it?"(I got an explanation but I still couldn't see the damn thing); she comes into the kitchen and either:
    A. I hold the item in my hand/alt. have already placed it on the table without thinking about it.
    B. Is right in front of me and she's all pointing at it for me to grab it.
    C. Actually isn't there! :3

And I always get yelled at for not finding it. As if it is OBVIOUS where it is. . .
    YARGH! I still get worked up just thinking about it. :E|

This helped me greatly. I am now a proud owner of some S-skills. :3 (Haven't read functions as it is.)
    That is not so bad.

It becomes bad at the level when you start to search for your wallet in a fridge and you wonder why you can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I think I mentioned earlier (or in another thread??) that I keep my shoes that I'll be wearing the next day in the fridge (wrapped up, of course). That way I don't leave the house without my lunch because I have to physically open the fridge on the way out. The downfall is that I often change my mind about what shoes I'll wear, so I end up with like 10 pairs in there.

Then it snowballed from there. That fridge keeps everything contained and away from the rest of the chaos. So if I have an important meeting the next day, all my paperwork also goes into the fridge. Now since I rarely cook, the whole thing is quite stupid. I always have my shoes, keys, documents and other random shit in the fridge, but never any food. There is no lunch to forget.
    Holy shit! That is hysterical! Again you get amazing points for just plain awesomeness! However I do admire the effciency of the system, with checks and balances built in.

I have the shoe problem in my car. I drive a standard and cannot drive in sandals or heels so I take them off and shove them under the seat. Then I get home and walk indoors barefoot.

I have like four pairs of shoes in the car and then somedays I wont be able to find any shoes to wear to work cause I forgot where I left them.

half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I had to get rid of my car, puppy - it was like a giant handbag on wheels. It took too much effort for me to tear apart my place looking for something and then having to go outside and tear up the car to continue the search. The less space I have, the less odds I have to misplace things. This is why I own practically no furniture. I can quickly eyeball a room and see that the missing object is not on the floor, and thus, not in the room. I suck.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I had to get rid of my car, puppy - it was like a giant handbag on wheels. It took too much effort for me to tear apart my place looking for something and then having to go outside and tear up the car to continue the search. The less space I have, the less odds I have to misplace things. This is why I own practically no furniture. I can quickly eyeball a room and see that the missing object is not on the floor, and thus, not in the room. I suck.
    hahaha YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

I have two cars (I live in texas). One I drive and is overflowing with junk-toys, shoes, clothes, a pile of books I read when the baby goes to sleep on car rides. The other is my old minvan that has a cracked block. I put all the recycling stuff in it to take down to the recycling area, then the block cracked-six months ago! It is still sitting there full of paper and cardboard, and plastic bottles. I keep thinking I'll put it on craig's list for free, but I think I lost the keys....

I actually was glad to move into a tiny condo as I had to get rid of much of my stuff. However I still have piles...

Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast