• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Litsnob

I think a good way to do this, if you'd like to try this out for yourself, is to think of life as something malleable with absolutely nothing stuck in stone. The sky doesn't have to be blue, the earth doesn't have to hold things down with gravity. The laws of physics are merely suggestions. See things for the irony they are and almost mock things for what they wish to be. This is a fantastic basis for thinking up unusual things in your surroundings. :)

And it's cheaper than taking drugs! Thanks for the suggestion and the chat. It would be an interesting experiment to see if I can direct my mind away from its usual occupations. Not quite the letting go of meditation but still a challenge. :)

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
And it's cheaper than taking drugs! Thanks for the suggestion and the chat. It would be an interesting experiment to see if I can direct my mind away from its usual occupations. Not quite the letting go of meditation but still a challenge. :)

I don't lie when I tell people that there have been times in the past I had to prove to people that I'm not on drugs nor do I take them! LSD? Shrooms? Please, my mind is so colorful as it is! I've enjoyed our chat as well :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't lie when I tell people that there have been times in the past I had to prove to people that I'm not on drugs nor do I take them! LSD? Shrooms? Please, my mind is so colorful as it is! I've enjoyed our chat as well :)
That must be the NFP equivalent of having to reassure people we are not angry/upset/etc. just because we are not grinning from ear to ear and blabbering on like idiots.

Gone

So you think that would be a Fi thing or a sensing thing? And would it be Se or Si?

Still trying to grasp the meanings and differences, haha.

I know this, too. I recognize signals coming from my belly that tell me something's not alright, but it's not specific at all. Thirst falls into the same category btw. First thing I check when I feel hungry are if my lips are dry. Chances are I'm just thirsty.
I always blamed it on poor Si, but maybe inf Se does the same?

Gone

I tend to confuse thoughts and actual memory often myself. The problem comes from visually imagining I am telling someone something. Then the moment passes but that visualization remains for whatever reason and can blend with actual memory. Have no clue what that is, but I do it too :unsure:

Alll the fucking time. But people are getting used to it.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Was so out of it from physical therapy, I left my bag of groceries on the couch when I got home last night. And I put my small gym bag into the produce drawer in the fridge.

They're not even remotely made of the same material, wtf. I had to walk to another room with it in my hands, open the fridge door, pull out the produce drawer, drop the wrong bag in, push the drawer shut, & close the fridge. And still I failed to notice. Seriously wtf.

Fortunately we keep the downstairs half of the apartment a crisp 55F when no one's down there to cut heating costs, so my spinach and kale didn't wilt overnight.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
looking for my spatula while it is right in front of my face.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like this describes a pretty good series of sensotard moments.

The 1st minute is just filler leading up to it, so wait.
Pretty sure the cell phone incident's happened to me in some capacity, more than once in my life.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When something incredibly loud and reckless happens behind me, and it takes me 3 or so seconds longer to finally react and go "What was that?"
It's like I don't hear or see things as it happens. I react like a slow computer.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just today when I was taking a walk with my little sister:

1.] Tripping over.. something when I should have looked where I was going
2.] Being so inside my head that a tree branch hit me right in the face
3.] Sister talks and talks and talks and I suddenly go "what?" at her confused face

alabaster

Pouring water on the floor while reading.
Throwing my clothing in the trash can.
Throwing my father's glasses in the trash can.
Forgetting keys just after I've slammed the entrance door.
Forgetting keys in general.
Most of the time I forget to brush my hair.
More than once I left my house with a tag attached to my clothing.
Losing cinema tickets on a date.
Misplacing everything.
Tripping over.
Getting lost because not paying attention at my surroundings.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Starting by wondering where my glasses are when I have them on to putting my phone into the freezer ... I also complained to a friend (ENTP) I couldn't find my phone while talking to her via my phone. She, then, absent-minded like she is as well, asked me in her helpful manner: 'Where have you seen it last?' :D
That, however, have become rare happenings. Nowadays I'm more aware of such things. It does cost me energy though. I wonder if these things will ever become easier to deal with. :blush:

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
1. I throw paper bill on the trash can
2. I torn out to pieces the food stub during a date xD
3. Worn inverted clothes
4. Using Google map yet getting lost all the fucking time
5. Finding keys which I'm currently holding

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I. LITERALLY. Forgot to rinse. The conditioner. OUT OF MY FUCKING HAIR TODAY.

Didn't realize until I was in the middle of blow drying and realized something felt off.........................

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
A month ago I went directly to the Payroll office to pick up my paycheck (normally they mail it and I don't have direct deposit set up) and since I had a little bit of time, I decided to take it directly to the bank. I get there, ask for a deposit slip, fill it out. ...I can't find the actual cheque. I know it's somewhere in my car because I literally sat in there and stared at it and put the value into my earnings spreadsheet while in the parking lot at Payroll before driving directly to the bank. Yet now I can't find it. After five minutes of tearing apart the front seat of my car, a line is forming behind me. I apologize to the teller and drive off. I get home and continue to tear apart my car. I find the cheque, which has somehow found its way to underneath the backseat.

thetk

MBTI Type
xNTP
...Subconsciously dropping things after I've finished using them. I don't mean putting them down somewhere. Literally dropping—letting go of them with zero consideration as to how they'd fall. It's actually stupid. If I'm missing something, sometimes I can retrace my steps and find exactly where I had apparently decided to just bail on holding an item in my hands.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Forgetting the food on the cooker while engulfed in an elusive book about philosophy and thus eating burnt rice and meatballs.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wear gloves when cleaning with harsh solvents. :doh:

Doesn't hurt at all, but it looks pretty gross. All raised & flaky. Like my actual fingerprints want to come off. Obviously they aren't, but it sure looks that way, as the peeling follows all the ridges like that. Blegh.

Permabanned
slicing an orange with sharpen knife before coffee...and a finger

remembering chlorine and cleaning products often warn against mixing together, reading label, confirming the warning, deciding that maybe if it's a small dosage it will be fine. mixing chlorine with cleaning products. coughing from the shitty air in the room after cleaning.