User Tag List

Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Sensotard moments

Senior Member Array The Outsider's Avatar
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Strange incidents seem to happen when I am involved with the history class somehow. First time it happened when I was copying homework from friend's textbook, as I was already halfway done, he suddenly asks me
    "What the hell are you doing?"
    "Uh.. writing the homework."
    "It's the wrong page."
    "Wah?.. God damn!"
    Turns out I had the right page open in my textbook, but his was several pages off. The layout was kind of similar, so I didn't notice.

Last week there was a test in history and I had forgot to turn my mp3 player off. I was sitting alone that day. As the class quieted down, I started hearing the music, it was quite loud actually, I for some reason thought it would be coming from a certain person a few seats away from me, who could quite easily hide the earphones under his long hair.
    Not paying much attention to it, I kept working on the test, eventually people started finishing and leaving the class and as my suspect left, but the music didn't stop, I figured it's just coming from someone else then. With fewer people in the class, it seemed even louder. Then, a particularly familiar loud chugging death metal song started playing, accompanied with the teacher looking at me. I realized I had been the source all along. I casually slipped my hand in the pocket and unplugged the earphones, the color change in my face instantly gave me away.

MBTI
    INFP

I fell asleep one day and dreamed of something I can't remember clearly, something about school. Woke up and got completely mixed up. I think I was waking up inside the dream so when I woke up in real life I thought we were two days ahead.
    Turns out I had been sleeping for 20 miserable minutes!
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I just walked through my house, shutting doors quietly, side stepping squeakie floor boards, and generally being stealthy, so I wouldn't wake up flatmates, only to trip up on my boots under my bed, and make a hell of a racket crashing into my wardrobe. Awesome!
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

A few days ago the doorbell rang at 11pm. Wondering who could possibly calling so late, we cautiously opened the front door - to see our friendly neighbour with our toy poodle Sammy in tow. I had let him out to go to the toilet over an hour ago and then totally forgotten to let him back in again (not for the first time).

At least the dog had the sense to find a friendly face to help him get back into his own home!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INTP

When I rang my partner at work today, he told me he'd put a mousetrap in the roof cavity and left the ladder inside the house, right next to the bathroom, so it would be easy to rescue said trap.

A few minutes ago:
    Partner says 'Hey, isn't it funny having the ladder set up in the hallway?' My response was 'wha? I didn't notice'. I've been home for several hours and walked past it a few times but I didn't notice it. At all.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Hahaha!! I've had it before where I made a box cake, put in all the ingredients.. then proceed to get frustrated because it doesn't resemble cake mix! It looks like a little bit of mush and gross.

So I beat it harder and on a higher setting. It still looks like nothing.

Ask my sister, "What is WRONG with this cake I'm making?!" ...To which she cooly replies, "You forgot to put the cake in." ... So I followed the instructions on the back of the box, and never thought to open the box and put the actual cake mix in.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Being the last in my group of friends to find out that the married couple among us was getting a divorce. I found out about a month after they decided to break up--and I'd seen them together quite a few times during that month.

The worst part was how I found out. The three of us were in a room together working on something and they were talking about "whether we should tell our professor about it," and I was all "what are you talking about?" They looked at me weird and then told me they were divorcing. Talk about being disconnected from the real world!

Maybe this is my introversion and my lack of emotional IQ mixing with my total disregard for real life crap...

I havn't got any funny stories to tell, but I was just thinking that life would be a whole lot easier if I didn't have to worry about all the 'sensory', detailed aspects of life. I personally find all those little things we have to worry about everyday incredibly stressful. Have I got my purse with me? Did I wash my clothes last night so I have something to wear today? Did I remember to put petrol in the car? Did I charge my mobile phone? Crap I forgot to brush my teeth! I must remember to return that electrical appliance I bought before the return cut-off date goes by. Arrgghhhh.... I'm so stupid when it comes to everyday stuff like this, and I always get caught out or spend time worrying I'm going to forget to do something (something that I can't remember at the moment!).

MBTI
    INTJ

But, generally speaking, I don't think I have as many sensotard moments as other people on this thread. People seem to be defining sensotard as being absent-minded (like losing the remote-control or walking into the men's room when you are a woman). I guess I see that as (partly) more a J vs P thing. I mean, I'm not very absent-minded at all. I hardly ever do things like forget to brush my hair in the morning--and I'm a VERY strong N.

Instead, my strong N makes me less likely know what's going on in the real world because I am so completely wrapped up in daydreaming or thinking about the future. I get bored with the mundane and forget to pay my cable bill for three months until they disconnect my internet.

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post
    I havn't got any funny stories to tell, but I was just thinking that life would be a whole lot easier if I didn't have to worry about all the 'sensory', detailed aspects of life. I personally find all those little things we have to worry about everyday incredibly stressful. Have I got my purse with me? Did I wash my clothes last night so I have something to wear today? Did I remember to put petrol in the car? Did I charge my mobile phone? Crap I forgot to brush my teeth! I must remember to return that electrical appliance I bought before the return cut-off date goes by. Arrgghhhh.... I'm so stupid when it comes to everyday stuff like this, and I always get caught out or spend time worrying I'm going to forget to do something (something that I can't remember at the moment!).
    Ha, ha, I know exactly what you mean! Every morning I wake up and think: "Why do I have to go throught this whole tedious business of getting ready again? Every day, shower, brush teeth, shave, get dressed, eat breakfast, feed the pets - it's exhausting!"
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast