• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'll be looking for my keys and then realize that they are in my left hand. It's ALWAYS my left hand, probably because I'm right-handed...

Last spring one fine Sunday morning I walk to the library only to realize it was closed because it was Sunday.

This.

(This mom = definitely an NTP!)
This makes me glad that my parents were sensors...

maybetmp

MBTI Type
iNtP
I probably would've burned the house down at least five times by now if not for my girlfriend's (ISFJ) meddling with- I mean- correcting me. I'm seriously a hazard to the people around me in the morning. Watching me make coffee is like watching a dementia patient try to solve a crossword puzzle.

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Somewhat recently: While in a cold medicine induced mental fog I had walked out of the house & into a snow storm intending to get the mail. I soon realized my pickup truck was inside the garage & I was locked out while wearing shorts & a T-shirt.
I had to walk around the house in knee deep snow & luckily the deck door was unlocked but I was mad at myself for spacing out.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This one is horrible:
Once when I was traveling with a group we had an overnight stay in apartments. After getting settled in my room, I went back out to the city center before realizing that I couldn't remember the building's number or even what it looked like. I had to wander around for about seven hours before the group met for dinner (at least I remembered that location). Then, even after a girl described in detail where the building was, I struggled to find it, initially passing it and even trying to unlock the wrong doors several times. :doh:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This one is horrible:
Once when I was traveling with a group we had an overnight stay in apartments. After getting settled in my room, I went back out to the city center before realizing that I couldn't remember the building's number or even what it looked like. I had to wander around for about seven hours before the group met for dinner (at least I remembered that location). Then, even after a girl described in detail where the building was, I struggled to find it, initially passing it and even trying to unlock the wrong doors several times. :doh:

Thank goodness for Google Street View. I do that now every time I go to meet people. No problem driving around in circles trying to figure out where it is.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Visiting my ESFP friend in NC about a week & a half ago - we stopped at a Walmart for some household items. I had some trouble at self checkout, ESFP started getting impatient to get home. Resolved the issue, & we exit the store. There's a torrential downpour, the actual can't-see-a-hand-in-front-of-you sort of rain. ESFP instructs me to stay at the store entrance, & she'll pull up with the car.

I pause for a moment, but, feeling anxious/irrationally guilty for taking up time at the checkout- not wanting to waste any additional time (in my own idiotic impulsive mind) - I decided to sprint across the lot to her car as she pulled out.

In the blinding rain.

About an hour later, I'm in the local ER, & the doctor's gluing shut a gash just below my bruising eye, & administering a tetanus shot.

0528150008_zps28ada1f7.jpg

Photo taken in exam room to show my INTP travel-buddy, who was off doing her own special hippie things at the time

Did the ESFP hit me with her car?
No.

Did my crappy sneakers lose traction, causing me to fall?
No.

Did a Walmart shopper fly into a Hulk-rage about the weather & hurl their rusty shopping cart at my head?
No.

..I somehow managed to slam the edge of her car door into my own face. Really fucking hard.
:doh:

Her car (at a full stop when I did this) is a coupe - the passenger side doors are quite a bit longer than those on a 4-door, the latter of which are all I've been in for travel for probably over a year. Between the heavy rain, the gross underestimation of the door length, & rushing to her car in some ridiculous attempt at efficiency, I managed to bash the door into my own skull hard enough to blacken my eye & get a deep little cut on my face. I still try to visualize moment-to-moment precisely how the fuck I managed to do that, at all.. and I come up blank. Even the doctor looked baffled for a moment, before erupting into a fit of laughter. Couldn't help joining in.

Fortunately, the cut's healed up well - wouldn't have if I didn't get it glued shut. Cheekbone still hurts to the touch, but it's improving. Given my klutzy history, my pride remains technically unscathed & well preserved.. as it quietly laid down its life long long ago.

Ah well... it's not a road trip without at least one hospital visit, right?

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL, I'm ADD, so I'm just one big pile of derp. Generally consists of me thinking I've lost my phone while I'm texting or something similar. Also, when I'm playing Total War, I've lost entire armies and fleets because I forget to move them out of danger turn after turn after turn. Very common and very facepalm-y.

Oh, yeah. I also forget to eat. I think I once went around 36-40 hours or so between meals. Skipping breakfast and/or lunch is quite common for me.

Also, I have a habit of just saying, "To hell with sleep, Imma do what the frick I want to, and damn the consequences of losing sleep." Basically what I'm doing right now. :D

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One time I had a full scale panic attack while driving my car because I couldn't find my car keys.:doh: I also became comedy show of the day for my friends one time by struggling for five minutes to get a spoon out of the dispenser at Whole Foods.:blush: Those are just two of the most recent I'm afraid.

Oh and of course my childhood was one big sensotard moment. I had to go to occupational therapy because my hand eye coordination was AWFUL

Sunny Ghost

Oh goodness. My poor ENFP roomie. Her hair is always in her food. And there is always food on her face. She likes to rock her long hair in a braid and it's always falling into everything. She's oblivious of it too.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had one where I was running and a little kid was in front of me and I noticed too late and put my hand on his head and leaped over him like some sort of parkour trick.

Ingrid in grids

I was snacking on almonds while cooking. When I went to light the stove, I put the lit match inside my mouth instead of an almond. I got such a fright I fell backwards.

Another time, I couldn't find my phone anywhere in my apartment, so I went out to my car to look for it under the seats. This was all while talking to my friend on the very phone I thought I had lost. She was pretty amused by this and played along.

I've also been known to leave my handbags at cafés too often.

Sensotard moments are daily occurrences for me.

á´…eparted

passages
I used to be far worse about it. Now adays I generally I say I am above average to average as far as this stuff goes. They're rare now adays. I mostly get dumb with things when I get frazzled, am too energized, too drained, or moving too quickly. Such as the time I started dumping solvent waste into the garbage can instead of the solvent waste container sitting beside it... it started to dissolve the garbage can.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The amount of times I've frantically looked for something that is in one of my hands is not okay.

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
This topic is basically about my life, but I'll share a couple of moments anyway.

- I have an electric piano and I'm just learning to play. I use headphones when I practice so I wouldn't torture my family members and neighbours so much. Unfortunately I've had my playing sessions the headphones on my ears - yes, but forgot to plug it in! This has happened several times...

- One night I was undressing myself and realized that something was peaking out from the leg of my pants. Oh no, it's a sock, I sighed and picked it off. But it didn't come off so easily because it was actually a pantyhose... Then I realized I've spent a whole day with a huge lump in the back of my leg without noticing... I was at work and everything and nobody mentioned anything!

- How is it possible to remember where you parked your car? At work I use to park my car in a spesific place so I wouldn't have to deal with this problem. One morning the parking lot was crowded so I had to park my car in the visitors' parking area. When I left work I panicked that someone has stole my car! ...until I remembered...

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recently got a new TV, and spent today hooking up an old broadcast antenna. It's relatively icy out, but I half climbed a tree in the back yard and secured the antenna- then carefully wired it back into the house. I set up the autoprogram for channels (about three times) and kept getting absolutely nothing. I assumed the antenna was broken. So I undid the wire and got the antenna back down from the tree. All in all, it took about a couple of hours.

Just now I noticed that- while I did the work to hook the external antenna wire up to the internal antenna box- I never actually hooked the internal antenna box up to the TV. :cowboy:

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Waking up, going downstairs, and putting a cup in the microwave for 3 minutes... hoping it would magically come out as a warm cup of Pomegranate green tea, rather than a collection of broken shards. I didn't get my tea. :(
2. Running into glass doors multiple times throughout my life.
3. Scorching the tips of my hair by failing to ignite a BBQ properly. Also I've been yelled at by my past chem teachers multiple times by being extremely touchy around fires.
4. Frequently forgetting to shower and other hygienic activities for up to days. (Though this is mostly because of my own philosophy of doing whatever my mind wants at the time, since being distracted by minor annoyances or obstructing activities of others only brings havoc upon my peace of mind. This is sorta an enneagram 9 thing... an judgement-free flow of the mind rather than telling myself "I should/have to do this" since the latter takes away from my freedom and makes me feel controlled. And you don't have to tell me "oh well everyone else finds it offensive" because usually on an average day there is no "everyone else". I always over-prepare myself when seeing people I care about. :p)
5. Being asked if I'd like something to eat and saying, "I.. I don't know." since I really don't know whether or not eating is something I'd benefit from at the time.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Waking up, going downstairs, and putting a cup in the microwave for 3 minutes... hoping it would magically come out as a warm cup of Pomegranate green tea, rather than a collection of broken shards. I didn't get my tea. :(
3. Scorching the tips of my hair by failing to ignite a BBQ properly. Also I've been yelled at by my past chem teachers multiple times by being extremely touchy around fires.
4. Frequently forgetting to shower and other hygienic activities for up to days. (Though this is mostly because of my own philosophy of doing whatever my mind wants at the time, since being distracted by minor annoyances or obstructing activities of others only brings havoc upon my peace of mind. This is sorta an enneagram 9 thing... an judgement-free flow of the mind rather than telling myself "I should/have to do this" since the latter takes away from my freedom and makes me feel controlled. And you don't have to tell me "oh well everyone else finds it offensive" because usually on an average day there is no "everyone else". I always over-prepare myself when seeing people I care about. :p)
5. Being asked if I'd like something to eat and saying, "I.. I don't know." since I really don't know whether or not eating is something I'd benefit from at the time.

Definitely Ni-Se, inferior Se. I don't relate to your musings, but I do to some of the Ne-Si ones. I deem you INFJ, magician ^.^

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't know how you can be sp if you claim to be this way. ?

To me, SPs are very in tune with their personal environ. But I'm not entirely sure how an intuitive Sp would look......

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how you can be sp if you claim to be this way. ?

To me, SPs are very in tune with their personal environ. But I'm not entirely sure how an intuitive Sp would look......

I'm very in tune with... myself, and even that is questionable. :shock:

I sometimes underestimate how something might negatively affect me physically, yes... but everything else about me shows my Self Preservation side. I generally find that most experiences aren't worth having if I can't do them outside my own home (or maybe I could go further and say my mind, but I'm no good at self entertainment :p) and am fearful of that which is unknown in the physical world... I feel lost almost everywhere honestly, and it's unsettling (no matter how much I truly want to live somewhere else, which sounds desirable when I picture it my head like everything else, I know inside that I'd probably die, mentally and physically.) Also I could say I am SP first since... SO and SX are even further from what I am. SX, or intensity of experience, only is fascinating when I dream about it rather than go and do it, since I don't enjoy the actual risk. SO maybe is more relatable, as I definitely base my actions on what the whole wants rather than myself, and feel the need to be appreciated and acknowledged by others rather than being intimate with them. But even as I try to appeal to a certain group or subculture... I end up finding innate flaws with them and then seclude myself once again in order to not become "infected".

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't usually have these, but once I was holding my keys in a store since I didn't have a purse or any pockets. I was looking at some socks or something like that, and I guess I dropped them without realizing it. Thankfully I found them, but that was not a fun moment.