• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Today I discovered my hat on a shelf in the refrigerator and later ran into a wall.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i google "where's my phone" about 5 times a week. it's always under a blanket.

R

Riva

Today someone came and spoke to me and I couldn't for my life guess who that person was. Luckily he mentioned a class we were taking and AHA, I knew where I've met him before. This happens to me almost everyday.

And in the morning the same thing happened. A student I have taken classes with - while I was at a client visit and he in fact was the person I was talking to - asked me whether I can remember him after talking for a long time. In this scenario in my defense we had taken the class more that 8 years ago and he didn't remember me too well either. He wasn't sure it was me. But I was absolutely certain I haven't met him before, according to my memory cells.

Sigh!!!

I wish I was like my ESTP sister!!!!!!!!!!

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
Anyways, last notable example of my obliviousness: I went into the downstairs freezer in the laundry room to get some frozen berries for a smoothie. I had to take some things out to reach them. Got my berries, went upstairs and had my smoothie, and didn't find out until the next day that I'd left some frozen meat out. It was on the water softener and I'd walked right past it. I'd ruined maybe about $30 worth of meat. Yuck.

Yeuch! And yet so easily done...

My latest "triumphs" include going away for the weekend and failing to realise I'd left the garage door open for thee days :doh: Thankfully nothing was stolen! Also, for the past few days I've been sweltering in this office wishing I had a desk fan. Today, I finally noticed the very large desk fan that sits right beside my monitor and has in fact been here the entire time...

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always like to have a pen with me when I read, for underlining or notating anything that particularly catches me. Every single time every single day I manage to lose the damn pen. It drives me insane. I am so careful to pay conscious attention to where I put it, poked under my thigh as I'm sitting cross legged, for example. I see a line I want to underline, the pen is there and I don't have to break my concentration to grab it, highlight, continue reading. Inevitably at some point I don't put it back wedged under my leg and when I need it, I can't find it anywhere. First I hunt blindly with my hand, not looking away from the book. That fails, more searching. Fucking pen. Set the book down. Fuck by now I am getting really pissed off. I look everywhere, it is fucking gone. FUCK YOU PEN. I stand up, wildly furious. This is the point where my (INTP) husband finds it most amusing to take his life in his hands and start irritating the hell out of me. I am almost ready to kill someone when, oh yes there's the pen. In plain fucking sight right beside the spot I was sitting.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yesterday I had the greatest sensotard moment of all time, when I crashed my car into a tree on a straight road.
Still not sure if I unconsciously wanted to kill myself, tried to build a chimera half car - half tree, or what happened then.
Wasn't speeding, just going after my thoughts when suddenly I realized I drove too much on the right side.
I overreacted, went left on the opposite lane, panicked, overreacted even more and went straight downhill to kiss the tree.

On top of that I touched a nettle when I got out of the car.

xisnotx

Permabanned
You wake up in the morning and want some cereal but you realize you don't have milk. So you go out to buy some groceries and get back to the house only to realize you forgot to buy milk...

End up making lunch instead...at 9 in the morning.

xisnotx

Permabanned
You're busy doing something or the other and your stomach starts to hurt. You realize that you haven't eaten anything in the last 24 hours.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yesterday I had the greatest sensotard moment of all time, when I crashed my car into a tree on a straight road.
Still not sure if I unconsciously wanted to kill myself, tried to build a chimera half car - half tree, or what happened then.
Wasn't speeding, just going after my thoughts when suddenly I realized I drove too much on the right side.
I overreacted, went left on the opposite lane, panicked, overreacted even more and went straight downhill to kiss the tree.

On top of that I touched a nettle when I got out of the car.

That's pretty much why I avoid driving. Sooner or later, I am sure that will happen to me.

You wake up in the morning and want some cereal but you realize you don't have milk. So you go out to buy some groceries and get back to the house only to realize you forgot to buy milk...

End up making lunch instead...at 9 in the morning.

Gaaahhh it makes me crazy even to read about. :doh: :laugh:

Burger King

You go to reach for your glasses, only to realize that they're not there. It turns out you're already wearing them.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh, I'm a great driver, but I have had moments where I missed my exit without realizing it and suddenly find myself driving through a tunnel thinking "Hey, this tunnel wasn't supposed to be here.".

But even when that happens, I react and respond to everything I need to. Also if I see a car and a minute later someone asks me what color it was, I'm like, what? I just register the important things I need to know. Dimensions, speed, etc. I see everything I need to know, but not much more than that. :D

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also if I see a car and a minute later someone asks me what color it was, I'm like, what? I just register the important things I need to know. Dimensions, speed, etc. I see everything I need to know, but not much more than that. :D
:laugh:
That reminds me, a few days ago in an attempt to give my son some social interaction with kids his age, I met up with these other mums. We chatted while the toddlers ran riot around the playground. The conversation was mind numbingly dull... (for a period of time longer that I could ever have imagined possible, they discussed cleaning toilets and their favorite products for the job.) So I entertained myself by watching their interactions and body language, and analyzing, and making up wild speculations. When I came home, I told my INTP about all the amusing things I had thought of or noticed. Then the conversation shifted and he began teasing me about my unceremonious verbal shredding of the outfit he chosen to wear that morning. (what? I like my eye candy.) And for some reason I can't remember he asked me what the women, who I had spent an hour and a half observing, were wearing.
(wow that was a long winded preamble)
As you probably have guessed, I couldn't remember a thing. Absolutely blank.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
getting into the shower still wearing something

I did this for the first time the other day. Had a nagging sense that something was wrong but couldn't figure out what. :laugh:

That's like Me- I left my Foreman Grill on- for 2 days straight. I used it one Sunday night and didn't realize it was on until Tuesday night. I walked over near it and felt the heat....I was so thankful my place didn't burn down.

Oh yeah, this reminds me that once I left my toaster oven on the broil setting overnight. One of those old fire hazard ones which I've never cleaned so it's caked with flammable everything. With bottles of hard liquor right next to it.

Very lucky to have no fire...the kitchen was insanely warm the next morning. :doh:

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
Heh, I'm a great driver, but I have had moments where I missed my exit without realizing it and suddenly find myself driving through a tunnel thinking "Hey, this tunnel wasn't supposed to be here.".

But even when that happens, I react and respond to everything I need to. Also if I see a car and a minute later someone asks me what color it was, I'm like, what? I just register the important things I need to know. Dimensions, speed, etc. I see everything I need to know, but not much more than that. :D

Yes, this! I'm a safe and competent driver, good reaction times, but my ability to miss exits and not take in direction signs is ridiculous, even though I automatically clock all the speed-limit and safety signs. :doh: I was made for the satnav age. The biggest thing that worries me about driving is that I might get distracted and start daydreaming and stop noticing the important things. I actually listen to music to kind of anchor the drifting bit of my mind to something that's sensory and in the present. Kind of like tying Ne to a chair and telling it to STFU before it kills me...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Earlier today I ate a small pill on my mother's nightstand, assuming it was one of the non-drowsy Claritin tablets I'd given her a few days ago.
Did some cleaning, got ready to leave to visit my friend. Made a sandwich, & sat down on the couch. Put sandwich down on coffee table. Rested head on the arm of the sofa for what seemed like a second.
I wake up, & it's dark out. Jack ate part of my sandwich. I'm still in a sort of seated position. My shoes are on.
Groggy.
This makes no sense.. I check the other identical tablet in my mother's room.

It's a goddamned Xanax. :doh:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only just learned the forum I have been actively posting on had an arcade until recently.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hahaha, I woke up 30 minutes ago and wondered why it was so bright to be 9pm. There were a slew of other clues that should have told me it was 9 in the morning and not night, but that one struck as the most derpy.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I just drove about two hundred miles to stay at a friend's house for a job interview in the morning. What have I carefully ironed, packed and then failed to put in the car with me? My suit. :BangHead:

Sometimes I really hate being me. :cry:

Musicallogic

MBTI Type
INTP
I had owned my pickup for about 6 months. I was trying to stuff camping equipment behind the seats in the extended cab area and my roommate walked over and opened the tiny EX cab door...that i didn't know existed...

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started a new book a few days ago. I was getting on the subway and decided to start reading even though I was only three stops away from my transfer station... (internal monologue: you shouldn't read, it's only three stops and you'll miss you stop and you won't be able to get involved in the reading anyway in such a short time. Nonsense! I never miss stops; I half-sleep on the subway and have never missed my stop. I will read.)

So I started reading. (Wow this book is amazing! Just one more page...) Then I start to notice it's sunny through the subway window... yup, I'm three stops north of where I should be.

It was a good book.